Sign in to follow this  
FranktheTank

Camping Expansion - Exploration Encouragement

I would like to expand on the whole "Tent" system into an entire camping system. But this is a step in the right direction.

It would be a 3x3 area around the tent that serves as an item protected area like a deed, and lasts a certain amount of time based on camp quality.

Additionally allow wagons to be "depoloyed" creating a 5x5 space.

All of these camps are not protected from being deeded over to prevent people using them as ways to stake areas for free.

The wagon would allow a user to sleep in it when deployed. As would a tent. I genuinely think that people would be more willing to explore massive servers like Xanadu if they would have a small protected zone to camp at, and leave items on with low repercussion as they log out for the night or to go outside irl. Instead of going "HOLD ON I AM ROAMING I GOTTA GO HOME AND LOG OFF"

Additionally maybe consider a smaller weight portable forge and over, with less capacity than the current ones and a smaller model, or just carry around a forge and oven in your wagon.

TL;DR

Make tents and wagons deploy-able that create small protected spaces like deeds to encourage exploration and camping across servers.

i'm not quite sure which purpose a protected area would have :) as far as I'm aware you could go and travel with a wagon and carry all those things with you and "deploy" everything by placing it on the ground

except for campfires, you should be able to pick up everything else (load it in wagon) and the wagon itself should be locked anyway...so your wagon is safe space unless you are on a pvp server

I think it would be a bit mean, no? You want to place a deed but someone has their tent there and doesn't log in anymore for a while or refuses to leave? 

36 minutes ago, Miretta said:

i'm not quite sure which purpose a protected area would have :) as far as I'm aware you could go and travel with a wagon and carry all those things with you and "deploy" everything by placing it on the ground

except for campfires, you should be able to pick up everything else (load it in wagon) and the wagon itself should be locked anyway...so your wagon is safe space unless you are on a pvp server

The idea of the campsite is to be able to make it a temporary home, to set up for a period of time and not worry about people stealing the various items, forges, and more that you place around the campsite. The wagon and tent would also allow sleeping in as well, so while you are on your adventure/traveling blacksmith/nomad trip you can have peace of mind travel.

1 minute ago, Yldrania said:

I think it would be a bit mean, no? You want to place a deed but someone has their tent there and doesn't log in anymore for a while or refuses to leave? 

The deed as above succeeds camping claims. I do not see how someone refusing to leave would be any different than say, someone refusing to leave your deed right now. They cannot do anything on it currently, and would just stand there, as they would now. Only difference being they have a tent to pick up on their way out.

I have a friend who makes it an art camping around as he explores, the tent really does need a rework.

you can't deed over a tent anyways can you ? 

oh you probably can, just me remembering issues with tents, when it was probably me trying to drop tents where I could not.

But I approve of movable resting spot. 

Edited by Cenotaph

Awesome idea, +1 for that.

That line:

"HOLD ON I AM ROAMING I GOTTA GO HOME AND LOG OFF"

too often comes out of my mouth when i am required to quit the game and do something in RL.

If i had that opportunity to just drop a tent and don't have to worry about npc's trying to eat my animals or thiefs trying to steal my goods, i would just roam on lands and explore without restrictions.. as i want the SB constantly etc.

Edited by Themystrix
  • Like 2

The main core of this is the ability to gain sleep bonus while logged off in a tent/wagon? 

Protection of items already exists with tents and wagons 

My friend loves his camping, but does not like having to clutter the area or spend the time building 1x1 shacks so he can get his sleep bonus.

'Protected' area's are not really needed, you have a tent or wagon/cart for your animals to hitch and store items already, anything too large to store in a tent can be planted.

Wurm has the blueprint already made for a proper camp, it is the model used for the wagoner, tent, bed, cooking fire, this just needs to be made into the new version of the explorer tent and name it something like the explorer camp.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The main core of this is the ability to gain sleep bonus while logged off in a tent/wagon? 

I think that is the very core of it at minimum.

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

My friend loves his camping, but does not like having to clutter the area or spend the time building 1x1 shacks so he can get his sleep bonus.

'Protected' area's are not really needed, you have a tent or wagon/cart for your animals to hitch and store items already, anything too large to store in a tent can be planted.

Wurm has the blueprint already made for a proper camp, it is the model used for the wagoner, tent, bed, cooking fire, this just needs to be made into the new version of the explorer tent and name it something like the explorer camp.

Yeah I guess. 

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Sleep bonus and animal protection when you have more than one animal led. Maybe a hitching post is all that is needed, for now at least.

Be cool if you can turn a wagon into a tent or camper.

• Like 2

Perhaps make it so if you have a bed loaded in a wagon, you get a right click > Sleep, option on the Wagon? 

Maybe the Wagon could also have animals tied to it as well as hitched?