Sign in to follow this  
Davih

Move Caravel's camera

Caravels are already pretty much a pain to use because of the high water requirement, but that makes some sense, i guess.

The other thing that makes them a pain to use is the fact that the camera is placed in a horrible place, from which roughly 70% of the screen is covered by the sail and the masts if you're trying to look at where you are going.

Would be nice if you could move the camera somewhere else, maybe in a higher place? or literally anywhere there could be a little more clear vision of what's ahead of you.

• Like 2

+1 
I have always to move the boat to see where I am going :S

+1

I just Spent over a week building a caravel and was so excited to take it out when I finished, just to find out it is near impossible to navigate due to this vision problem. I would be extremely thankful for this camera position to be adjusted. If for realistic reasons it is desired to have the same location on the deck, (if that's what that spot it referred to), I think it could be simply lowered so your vision isn't completely obstructed by the sail. I'm sure on a real ship the person controlling the rudder can see where they're directing the ship.

Edited by Teaman
  • Like 1

I don't have a problem navigating the great ship, and enjoy the high viewpoint when at sea with it.

For cargo you can build a raised docking area for this ship, when not possible to use a high dock, loading can be bother some when you must target the item to load then jump back onboard the ship.

15 hours ago, Teaman said:

I'm sure on a real ship the person controlling the rudder can see where they're directing the ship.

+1