Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Allow hitching of 2 animals to Military Tents

Just what the title says.  For average hunting, I would prefer to use 2 horses but as I am offdeed for sometimes a week at a time, I can't take a second horse without some noob stealing it.  For military operations, it's common players bring a backup horse (granted no one stays offdeed or logs off out of deed leaving tents or horses around).  The Military tent seems a good option for allowing 2 animals to be hitched to it.

I'd love having my warhorse not carrying my junk, and taking a pack horse for that.  Anyone else think it'd be handy to allow the hitching of 2 creatures to Military Tents?

• Like 2

+1 

Explorer tent 1, Military tent 2. Makes sense. 

• Like 1

TBH I would like to expand on the whole "Tent" system into an entire camping system. But this is a step in the right direction.

If curious about my camping suggestion,

It would be a 3x3 area around the tent that serves as an item protected area like a deed, and lasts a certain amount of time based on camp quality.

Additionally allow wagons to be "depoloyed" creating a 5x5 space.

All of these camps are not protected from being deeded over to prevent people using them as ways to stake areas for free.

The wagon would allow a user to sleep in it when deployed. As would a tent. I genuinely think that people would be more willing to explore massive servers like Xanadu if they would have a small protected zone to camp at, and leave items on with low repercussion as they log out for the night or to go outside irl. Instead of going "HOLD ON I AM ROAMING I GOTTA GO HOME AND LOG OFF"

TL;DR

Make tents and wagons deploy-able that create small protected spaces like deeds to encourage exploration and camping across servers.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

TBH I would like to expand on the whole "Tent" system into an entire camping system. But this is a step in the right direction.

It would be a 3x3 area around the tent that serves as an item protected area like a deed, and lasts a certain amount of time based on camp quality.

All of these camps are not protected from being deeded over to prevent people using them as ways to stake areas for free.

The wagon would allow a user to sleep in it when deployed. As would a tent. I genuinely think that people would be more willing to explore massive servers like Xanadu if they would have a small protected zone to camp at, and leave items on with low repercussion as they log out for the night or to go outside irl. Instead of going "HOLD ON I AM ROAMING I GOTTA GO HOME AND LOG OFF"

TL;DR

Make tents and wagons deploy-able that create small protected spaces like deeds to encourage exploration and camping across servers.

Yes, huge +1 to this. Game experience would be much more interesting if I could live like gipsy from time to time in my wagon. If I could regenerate sleep bonus in tent or wagon even slower rate would be step in right direction. Also so much roleplay potential

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kochinac said:

Yes, huge +1 to this. Game experience would be much more interesting if I could live like gipsy from time to time in my wagon. If I could regenerate sleep bonus in tent or wagon even slower rate would be step in right direction. Also so much roleplay potential

Huge on roleplay, you can go off on grand expeditions with your friends and set up camps, become a traveling salesman or craftsman going from town to town improving items, set up instant cooking areas at nearby events, endless possibilities of a small mobile home, and it would get people off deeds with opportunity to explore.

• Like 1

+1 to two animals on military tent.

Also, why can't tents be repaired? Whyyyy  ?

+1 I would love this for the Military tents

On 7/23/2018 at 5:38 PM, Nomadikhan said:

Just what the title says.  For average hunting, I would prefer to use 2 horses but as I am offdeed for sometimes a week at a time, I can't take a second horse without some noob stealing it.  For military operations, it's common players bring a backup horse (granted no one stays offdeed or logs off out of deed leaving tents or horses around).  The Military tent seems a good option for allowing 2 animals to be hitched to it.

I'd love having my warhorse not carrying my junk, and taking a pack horse for that.  Anyone else think it'd be handy to allow the hitching of 2 creatures to Military Tents?

+1 For the camping system as well

On 7/24/2018 at 7:48 AM, FranktheTank said:

TL;DR