Wilczan

When you need solid bridge support

Recommended Posts

No vertical bridges, so to connect two rock pillars i had to build support for the bridges.

Also had to be high enough to make arched bridge.

 

Short info:

- 9 floors of 300 slope each (2700 slope above ground)

- took 1329 crates of dirt (398 700 dirt)

- 18x18 tiles on the ground level, 2x2 tiles on the top

 

Over 95% of dirt collected by myself. Finally diggy diggy diggy days are over.

 

gSZqK9l.jpg

 

BIFHXYo.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When bridges make you build a spire to rival Tich 🚀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TFW you realize you didn't need to level the outer 4 corners on each tier, probably saving about 10k dirt. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xallo said:

TFW you realize you didn't need to level the outer 4 corners on each tier, probably saving about 10k dirt. :D 

Exactly : )

 

So it really was about 388 500 of dirt or so.

Edited by Wilczan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a roamer of all epic servers, there's a certain beauty in finding a deed, looking way...way up and thinking..."nah".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Wonka said:

Yeesh, that's impressive!  Where is it?

Desertion

 

5KEvWvO.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised any dirt's left around there. :) Did the mountain come in a cluster of spires, or did you build that too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's one of the things Valrei used to do to your homes if you didn't win the scenario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SmeJack said:

That's one of the things Valrei used to do to your homes if you didn't win the scenario

so would valrei surround it..or vertically enhance it??

either way... think """""mountain gooooooooaaaaaaat""""""" climb and repeat many. many. many. times!!!! and with even more luck just follow ur footprints back making piles the whole way down except this is your house we are talking about so RolfGod dislikes the lowering or raising of any structures once planned..so u plan on your next offspring and maybe wife having at least 1 set of wings.. to traverse the distance.. you remember  the old days when the long arms of RolfGod were still available, we could load and transfer all things in house to cart/wagon/knarr on ground floor w/o much disbelief in the ranks..oh goodness i have rambled on.... God save my neighbors...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Roccandil said:

I'm surprised any dirt's left around there. :) Did the mountain come in a cluster of spires, or did you build that too?

Valrei event, but bugged one. There should be much lower spires (like 10 times lower). Heard that there were bug in the code, thus leading to create such an unique formation.

 

When I started playing, over 3 years ago, first I travelled whole Desertion on foot, looking for interesting place to settle. Once I saw this, decided that one time, it will be my home.

Already lived there, on one of the lowest spires, but in era before bridges.

 

There is a cave tunnel leading from the base to the one of the spires (it's about 2300 slope tall). Then, there will be (partially is) a system of bridges connecting almost all of the spires (except one, to connect it would need to build another dirt pillar, not worth it at that moment : ) ). Top spire included (over 4000 slope above the ground).

 

3 hours ago, Psalamon said:

either way... think """""mountain gooooooooaaaaaaat""""""" climb and repeat many. many. many. times!!!!

Yes, I climbed houndred of times so far, to transport materials on some spires. Now almost all connected by bridges so need to climb anymore. Currently over 60 climbing (meh, like it mattered except the title).

Edited by Wilczan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 years from now you'll look back at this image and wonder...

 

"What have I done with my life!?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

10 years from now you'll look back at this image and wonder...

 

"What have I done with my life!?"

Come on man, you are on Wurm Online forums.

A niche game of niche games.

Any "normal" human see as as a nerds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Come on man, you are on Wurm Online forums.

A niche game of niche games.

Any "normal" human see as as a nerds.

You have to admit, even hardcore Wurmians look up at that and go "nope!"

 

Point in case:

On 7/24/2018 at 1:59 AM, Inventor said:

As a roamer of all epic servers, there's a certain beauty in finding a deed, looking way...way up and thinking..."nah".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this was Release for a second, as I remember a set of bridges similar to this (on the near NW side of Rel). And a deed named "Vertigo" up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Benie said:

I thought this was Release for a second, as I remember a set of bridges similar to this (on the near NW side of Rel). And a deed named "Vertigo" up there.

Is this deed still exist? Any screenshots?

 

Btw., there were plans to drop a dirt between all middle columns, thus creating one big platform for a Kingdom capital, but that would require over 1 million of dirt and a lots of Beardymans ; )

 

Sadly, Desertion is too deserted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's really really impressive and most importantly - that's information that i was looking for. i'm generally a newcomer so anything in this matter is super helpful for me. i'm still learning so i was wondering if you don't mind me asking questions Wilczan, thanks again for everything you shared!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you should make a youtube video about that place

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now