Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Make sure not to drop anything in the water

Public Service Announcement:

If you drop it in the water you will not be picking it up due to the recent patch.

The item(s) are too far away?  The elevation item-take nerf was horrible. There had to be a better way to deal with whatever issue prompted blocking folks from using things through ladder openings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joedobo said:

The item(s) are too far away?  The elevation item-take nerf was horrible. There had to be a better way to deal with whatever issue prompted blocking folks from using things through ladder openings.

There was a problem with the code not working how it should, the solution should of been fixing the permission's code instead of this lazy solution of nerfing range of picking up piles to hell and back.

maybe new range and height rules should only apply when character is in the building?

Some change needs to happen. Leveling mine floors has been dumb with the climbing needed to get to piles that had never been an issue before.

This will all change in the next update, the elevation thing will only come into play inside houses reaching floors above. 

Then what's the point of the "indoor" restriction?  

41 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

To stop people from bypassing ingame mechanics aimed at preventing theft

then prevent the theft don't cut off our arms.. duhhhhhhhh....i say this as a very successful programmer at one time....

13 hours ago, Wargasm said:

You can reach things one floor up, but generally no higher than that.

+1 to fixing the permission issue. I didn't know that one can circumvent a locked item's permission management.  I really liked the ability to reach through multiple stories of ladder openings. Denying access to alter something that should be permission-blocked anyway isn't how you fix the actual problem.