Sign in to follow this  
Quicktor

Change SotG to be default on Chaos

52 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

Ive gotten 5 accs to 70 meditating and it takes rouglhy 6 months of daily meditating for 70 and level 11, give or take a week.

Well at least I have a verified base time now to work from.  Guess I'm slacking.

I didn't say it was "easy", I said you can get it within a year easily.  In fact, if you're religious about doing your meds everyday, you can do it in 6 months.

Yes I agree SoTG is necessary for PvP, especially in the current meta of "truestrike first, ask questions later".  That doesn't mean it should be free.

2 hours ago, Wargasm said:

I didn't say it was "easy", I said you can get it within a year easily.  In fact, if you're religious about doing your meds everyday, you can do it in 6 months.

Yes I agree SoTG is necessary for PvP, especially in the current meta of "truestrike first, ask questions later".  That doesn't mean it should be free.

For sure.  Was really frustrated when posting expressing my pain after only 1 gain in past few days.  No hard feelings.  :)

there really isn't a way to make DR like this viable.

I'd remove any PvP related buffs/nerfs from tomes (as in, no effect in pvp combat), as well as hate and SOTG entirely and work towards balancing out damage dealt.

Edited by Prophetears

Just make changing path faster on chaos. Let say around 7-10 days to switch form one path to another.
This will also persuade peoples to go on chaos and stay for 7-10 days, if they want to switch the meditation path faster.

I've always wanted Med to be a 100% guarantee skill tick but lower ticks to compensate.

• Like 2

Reasons I like:

Balances PVP to some extent

Allows for people to experiment with additional paths as Insanity will not be required

A much more simple change than weapon rebalances

Reasons I dislike:

Requires more thought, obviously

Balances PVP in ways that make characters more boring and cookie cutter

Makes the game more boring because above

Slap in the face to a lot of folks who have been nose to grindstone

Really more of an epic suggestion

Concerned about Tomes working along this update

Just make changing path faster on chaos. Let say around 7-10 days to switch form one path to another.
This will also persuade peoples to go on chaos and stay for 7-10 days, if they want to switch the meditation path faster.

Any attempts to bring people from freedom to chaos for ____ reason are extremely optimistic, the people on freedom are on freedom for a reason.

Edited by FranktheTank

13 hours ago, Wiluss said:

It absolutely won't though, how did you even think of this path of human behavior as possible