Sign in to follow this  
Quicktor

Change SotG to be default on Chaos

Quick, easy and good change is, change the SotG effect to base DR of every player, and remove the requirement of meditating for it, by either removing path of insanity as a whole or just add a different effect to it.

This change would mean that not only EVERY player would have the entrance pvp DR that is needed to be effective, but also that 2 hits wouldn't be a thing anymore, since everybody has kthe SotG effect.

Please change asap, thanks.

Not a bad idea, but it would then require an entire rework of the meditation system. Until that happens, then no. 

this change literally has no bad side, i dont know how you could say no to this.

it fixes people having to spend 6 months to get sotg, fixes newer accounts having to catch up in other words.

it fixes literally EVERYONE on chaos having path of insanity and make other paths "viable".

it fixes the 2 hits that happen with new players, and then quit cause it reasonably looks way too much hassle to get into the pvp part.

please overthink before commenting here, i honestly dont know what would be bad with this change...

Everyone would go hate or power... Ever been hit by max damage critical + 50%? Them 2 hit deaths may just be a thing in that world too. I think a bunch of balancing needs to happen across the board not just a bandaid.

hate is worth 15 favor (or 20?)

exactly one dispel, good luck

12 minutes ago, Maximillian said:

Everyone would go hate or power... Ever been hit by max damage critical + 50%? Them 2 hit deaths may just be a thing in that world too. I think a bunch of balancing needs to happen across the board not just a bandaid.

I'd go path of knowledge, actually. 

Anyones suggestion fixes a problem now which is requirement for sotg, I don't see hate power love or knowledge being a specific requirement

just a gameplay choice

i'd be fine with my guys going any of the 3, if they wanted to
Edited by Mclavin

It would be a good change but still would require the rest of it to be fixed as well....even with everyone having the DR of sotg on Chaos it would be meh with half the squad hitting like a truck and the rest being elite ethiopian marathon runners...
Most fights ends up with all ppl dehorsed anyways, won't be fun when ppl are legging it around with infinite stam either.

Maybe shouldn't have switched to PoK instead there pal and waited a bit more hoping they actually manage to fix things now that Sin is on the team....

Edited by Meep

well, just saying this in here again...

i know this change would only be a bandaid, but this bandaid would have no negative effect at all.

while this fixes a fair bit of the problem and could be a good temporary change, i fully agree that the whole system has to be reworked.

however, changes to balance the whole system or rework it will take a long time, and this can technically be in tomorrow, so please, see it as a temporary change that doesnt have a negative side, cause that is what it is.

Saying it would have no negative effect at all is jumping the gun a bit. 

Wouldnt reducing damage dealt be better? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Saying it would have no negative effect at all is jumping the gun a bit. 

Wouldnt reducing damage dealt be better? 

ofc, that would be way better if you ALSO remove sotg, but that would be a bigger change, isnt it?

while reducing the damage and leaving sotg, it would mean that sotg is even more OP tho, wouldnt it?

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 1

why

this seems pretty not thought out well 

Edited by Cornchips
  • Like 1

What's the point of working for anything when everything is just going to be nerfed and balanced towards everything being equal?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrandonSF said:

What's the point of working for anything when everything is just going to be nerfed and balanced towards everything being equal?

Quoted for truth.  

2 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Quoted for truth.  

as if sotg wasn't cookie cutter enough, further balancing and moving towards an equalized norm would be.  I just don't see anything better happening...

Edited by Nomadikhan

SoTG is only cookie cutter because it is the only viable option for a PvPer.  This does not constitute an excuse to just "give it to everyone".

But hey, if you guys disagree, lets give everyone 70 archery, 70 animal taming and 70 fighting too, since characters are no longer going to require effort to become PvP ready.

Edited by Wargasm

thats the point tho, why would you want more effort to be spent for being pvp ready, but i guess most commenting here just dont understand, seeing most here dont even play on chaos

anyway, thought it would be an obvious, easy change to bridge between now and the real med rework, rip

+1 for making SoTG baseline.

Improving upon your suggestion, not sure about removing the PoI path, however give PoI a random perk like a farwalker effect that can be used once per day, removes hurting statue, lets you become immune to fall damage.

Or something neat like summon a spectral mount that lasts a few hours, lets you use your 'random teleport' more often, now you'll have a way back home. This encourages roaming sort of as well. Can make it a 5 speed HH with 70 ish WoA equipment, no barding.

• Like 2

-1, You can easily reach the requirement skill in less than a year. Also, you can start having dmg reduction bonus from lower meditation levels reaching max 11. 

I did pvp using a toon without it and I have to say, it’s not a must if you fight in group.

I like the game having more choices of game style. You can be an attaker for example hate path and contrast SotG.

If you give everyone the same base, it’s useless. It’s like not to have it.

Maybe rework hate path increasing the effect timer of dmg dealt.

Edit: I’m sure more people will start using hate aswell.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

I'm tired of PvE people saying SoTG is easy to get since it's easy to meditate.  I got 1 med tick in 3 days at 55 meditation.  I know how to use these rugs and the ql and all the stuff.  Meditation being mandatory for PvP just sucks.  It's a mechanic that forces you to wait and no way to get past the limits.  Trying to get my priest alt that is decent PvP full SoTG, but probably be 6 more months at this rate.

I don't mind SoTG and people having an advantage on someone else because of the system and good to have these things as long as balanced.  Just hate you are limited on gains even if you don't get any gains per day forcing you to have to wait and nothing you can do about it.

Meditation should be like faith and praying then so you can get a guaranteed tick when meditating until the limit for the day.  Get a guaranteed faith tick if I pray 5 times in the day, why not meditation?  That would make Meditation a WHOLE LOT BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Change this title to "Change Meditation To Work Like Faith Ticks".

9 hours ago, Davy said:

-1, You can easily reach the requirement skill in less than a year. Also, you can start having dmg reduction bonus from lower meditation levels reaching max 11. 

I did pvp using a toon without it and I have to say, it’s not a must if you fight in group.

Wow Really?!?!  You can "easily" reach 70 meditation in less than a year?  SoTG is a must.  I've noticed a huge difference being in plate once I hit full SoTG even while being in a group.  Being in a group doesn't help you if you are the single target of the group aka "wearing plate".  I'm in plate and constantly the main target.  I'm used to it.  SoTG has made me not die as fast that's for damn sure and I notice a huge difference from full SoTG from lower levels of it.  Took me 3 years to get 70 meditation.  After the 2nd year I started putting on timers and logging into game just to meditate which is just stupid in itself.   #addiction

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 1

I'll downvote this -1  if can get some guaranteed meditation ticks.

2 hours ago, nicedreams said:

Wow Really?!?!  You can "easily" reach 70 meditation in less than a year?  SoTG is a must.  I've noticed a huge difference being in plate once I hit full SoTG even while being in a group.  Being in a group doesn't help you if you are the single target of the group aka "wearing plate".  I'm in plate and constantly the main target.  I'm used to it.  SoTG has made me not die as fast that's for damn sure and I notice a huge difference from full SoTG from lower levels of it.  Took me 3 years to get 70 meditation.  After the 2nd year I started putting on timers and logging into game just to meditate which is just stupid in itself.   #addiction

Ive gotten 5 accs to 70 meditating and it takes rouglhy 6 months of daily meditating for 70 and level 11, give or take a week.

Edited by Wulfgarr
  • Like 3