Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

PvP Holidays

Many games have actually had official ceasefires over certain holiday periods (last game I saw it in had it on christmas, easter and anzac day) so It's not completely uncommon.

the major difference is the amount of territory that can be gained during that period without contest, and no ability to actually contest land claims until they're fully set up. 

It's a good idea from "give people the peace of mind to be able to be away from the computer during holidays" perspective, but from the actual way it would play out, it could be sorely abused. 

11 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Listen, kid, you've never PVP'd, why in heaven's name do you give a crap about PVP and keep spouting bad suggestion when you dont even do it?

?

16 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Listen, kid, you've never PVP'd, why in heaven's name do you give a crap about PVP and keep spouting bad suggestion when you dont even do it?

- "Kid?" Bless you, my son. :P

- "Never PVP'd"? I still have loot from Dadamage, Masonas, and Sphygmo, and died a couple times too. At the same time, the danger of PvP is always in my mind while I play, and to me the preparation for PvP is still a form of PvP. I play Epic like I could be ganked at any moment.

Anyhow, since you asked so nicely, one reason I started playing Wurm was to analyse its gameplay dynamics, and I find the PvP situation theoretically interesting, above and beyond any part I might personally play in it.

6 hours ago, Roccandil said:

- "Kid?" Bless you, my son. :P

- "Never PVP'd"? I still have loot from Dadamage, Masonas, and Sphygmo, and died a couple times too. At the same time, the danger of PvP is always in my mind while I play, and to me the preparation for PvP is still a form of PvP. I play Epic like I could be ganked at any moment.

Anyhow, since you asked so nicely, one reason I started playing Wurm was to analyse its gameplay dynamics, and I find the PvP situation theoretically interesting, above and beyond any part I might personally play in it.

Some guy coming on your epic home server is not PVP. 

Another thing I wanted to add. Is it not true that in PvP bans where pvp of any sort is forbidden due to an exploitable bug, you aren't allowed to go anywhere near enemy territory especially deeds? The logic behind it is that it's unfair since they can't kill you without breaking the pvp ban.

Although you can still be killed, the principle still remains the same. With no risk, people would exploit the hell out of this. 

On 7/27/2018 at 7:41 AM, Gladiator said:

Some guy coming on your epic home server is not PVP. 

They wouldn't leave strongbox to do a favourable 10vs5 on their own homeserver with two champions with them

They were professional noobs

Edited by Firecat