Sign in to follow this  
Prophetears

Minor Changes Round 3 (Item Specific)

Stuff  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Bow Damage

2. 2. Arrow Packs

Bow Damage

In an attempt to add scarcity to the game, bow damage should be tuned up. To specify, this is talking about the damage on the item per use, and not the damage it deals. Currently, you make a 90ql bow, and never imp it again resulting in an undesirable skill that isn't often grinded up, and an overabundance of 90ql bows. I think in the long term in conjunction with other features, this may be healthy for the game.

Arrow Packs

A popular mod for WU. You basically make a quiver of arrows, and a quiver. You pack it into a pack, you imp it up, cast on it, and the unpack it and all the arrows have the same ql and the enchants. Currently, most people use creation ql arrows due to how tedious it is to improve 41 different items...

p simple

While Bowyery is not a popular PvP skill by any means the first suggestion might change that.

The arrow pack will only detract from the game IMO as it's one of those "easy mode" suggestions that I'm generally not fond of.

All in all I don't see this bringing any players back to PvP, but maybe it could add some new skills to the mix.

• Like 1

Voting no on arrow packs. As Whereami already said, its ez mode. It doesn't take an awfully long time to imp arrows with proper skill, and if you're smart you'll bring empty quivers to raids/PvP to fill as the enemy shoots their entire stash of 4000 imped arrows at you in one sitting. 

34 minutes ago, CIRAY said:

It doesn't take an awfully long time to imp arrows with proper skill, and if you're smart you'll bring empty quivers to raids/PvP to fill as the enemy shoots their entire stash of 4000 imped arrows at you in one sitting. 

Saying it's easy but recommends collecting arrows instead of making/imping them.  What sort of tomfoolery is this?

1 hour ago, Xanto said:

Saying it's easy but recommends collecting arrows instead of making/imping them.  What sort of tomfoolery is this?

Ok then just walk past all the free arrows that happen to be on the ground at your feet.

I am 100% for more bow damage, which goes beyond the scope of pvp and dips into the freedom market place. Bowyery has always been one of those skills that when new players tell me they want to specialize in it, I actively tell them not to, and hand them five 70ql bows. Big +1.

I get what you are going for with arrow packs, but it is going to be a no for me. Especially when you mentioned the enchant all the arrows on the pack detail, I really do not want oodles of enchanted arrows shot at me, and I am taking into account I will be shooting them back too.

-1 to bow damage; not interested in more chores. I'm not opposed, however, to item sinks of other kinds that would encourage people to skill up bowyery (everyone in your kingdom gets an archery bonus for X time if you sac Y number of 90+ QL bows...)

+1 to bow packs. Or, as an inbetween option, simply ignore enchants on arrows and use demise and attack spells on the bow (Bloodthirst needs some competition).

Oh, another possibility is making arrows free of creation QL constraints, like mallets/files.

Edited by Roccandil

To those opposed to arrow packs - what if the packs improved slower than individual arrows, just to throw a number out, say 1/10th. Or maybe requiring a master fletcher to bundle the packs? Creating and imping 41 items really is too tedious, especially when you can fire them all out in a minute with no guarantee you'll see them again. 

1 hour ago, Roccandil said:

-1 to bow damage; not interested in more chores. I'm not opposed, however, to item sinks of other kinds that would encourage people to skill up bowyery (everyone in your kingdom gets an archery bonus for X time if you sac Y number of 90+ QL bows...)

Yeah, no. I am not in favor of inorganic "item sinks" for magic bonuses and the whatnot. Just make bows break like weapons, at the same rate, it is not really a chore provided you do not try to punch people with the bow.