Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

[Bug] Front passenger in a knarr still cannot access cargo hold - "too far"

Being a passenger in the front seat of a knarr still won't allow to access the hold, you cannot put items into the cargo with the usual message that you are too far...

Related to:

Bugfix: You can access vehicle inventories from any seat if embarked on that vehicle.  The range of accessing containers inside vehicles when not embarked has been improved.

Can you tell me the number of passengers to get to the seat mentioned? I tested using the first passenger seat (when no other passengers are on the knarr) when I was fixing it. If it's down to very specific spots, I'll need to know how many passengers to load into the knarr before beginning to test again.

I'll be able to check it later tonight - the total headcount in the knarr was a commander and five passengers. The front seat is not the first passenger seat in a knarr that is for sure.

EDIT: the fourth passenger (commander + 4 passengers total) will occupy the front seat in a knarr. That fourth passenger cannot access the inventory of the ship.

Edited by Jaz

Verified and added.

Note:  I can remove items, but cannot put them back into the hold - is that you experience as well? 

6 hours ago, Sindusk said:

Can you tell me the number of passengers to get to the seat mentioned? I tested using the first passenger seat (when no other passengers are on the knarr) when I was fixing it. If it's down to very specific spots, I'll need to know how many passengers to load into the knarr before beginning to test again.

Why not log in 12 alts and test each one while they sit in the knarr ?

The range for accessing items inside a knarr or wagon seem to be a lot less than they once were as well, hope you can look into this. It is annoying when you can open the vehicle but can't drag items out.

• Like 1

Why not log in 12 alts and test each one while they sit in the knarr ?

Not everyone can load 12 alts nowadays... I had to use two computers this time to load the 4 alts plus the commander (fourth auto logged off right after logging in), I hope the upcoming renderer will allow more again on my hardware.

Well as a dev I am sure he could find a few folks to help test out each seat of the knarr if one can not fire up a dozen clients at a time. Best to get it right than end up fixing the knarr only to have something like seat 11 not work.

I have 6 or 7 at my main deed I could log in for testing purposes.

Edited by JakeRivers