Sign in to follow this  
Bruz

Error Patch Requests are being tampered with cannot proceed.

As title reads, i'm experiencing difficulty obtaining the current patch updates i have only just installed the Wurm client, and i get the message Error: patch requests are being tampered with cannot proceed, if anyone knows how to fix this error could you please let me know the appropriate steps to fix the patch updates.

That last one says 

The problem is hopefully solved: in the "Network settings" tab of the Java control panel it was written "Use the browser settings".

I do not use any proxy server to connect to the Internet; at least, I do not intend to use any.

So I have changed it to "Direct connection", launched the Wurm application and the patch had quickly downloaded. 

Other posts suggest rebooting and then try again, or delete the graphics.jar file then try again. 

My guess is that some windows process was inspecting/archiving/indexing the file which "locked" it to other programs.

Let us know if nothing above helped. 

Also, probably this needs to go to the Wurm Online tech support section, as the "technical" devs are more likely to see it there.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1