Sign in to follow this  
Uisge_Beatha

[Bug] New fragments with old "iron" or blank material label

This past week I investigated up approximately 700 fragments on Indy, with only a small portion of those getting ID'ed while on the server.  I then sailed to my home server of Release and to my surprise when I began to identify the old "iron" metal type label was present on all the identified fragments, or in the case of the armour pieces the metal type was blank.  The fragments that I had worked through before leaving Indy still hold their "metal" and "alloy" tags, but it appears that the unidentified ones reverted to the old format.  Thank you.

• Like 1

Added to the list but unconfirmed until I can get a chance on live to verify.

If you have 2 of the same 'iron' fragments - can you combine them to see if they then change to metal or alloy? 

2 of the same iron frags combine to iron frags, once fully completed they do come up with other metals though I wonder if I am missing on some alloy possibilities as all I have seen are iron with metal final combinations.  I have 300 left here if you wish to test.

The final combines should result in the new conversion types of metal, including alloy (which was very rare when I tested it on the test server).

I've reproduced the 'iron' instead of metal on cross server and reported that with the bug.  

Thanks for the report ;)

Hi,

Since the change, have been happily getting <fragment>, metal when identifying an item, this was working as intended yesterday - today when i have come to do some Archaeology, i am getting the old style items once identified of <fragment>, iron, which then change back to the <fragment>, metal when combining with an already metal fragment. This has occurred on all metal items that i have identified in this batch(118 in batch, all metal(20+) = , iron). The only difference I have done today, other than normal, is that I went across server to explore and gather fragments, and then bought them back across server home to identify (found on Indy, Identified on Xan), and not sure if this has caused the problem, or just a co-incidence. I Have not been able to see if this is an intended change back, or a bug, so apologies if an intended change.

(EDIT)

Just did a quick small batch on Xan, and this batch is indeed as intended, and giving <fragment>, metal once again, so seems not a problem with my Archaeology, but that actual batch from yesterday. To test, i held onto a few from yesterday's batch, till after I have tested some on Xan today, to see if it reset anything, but again, those from yesterday's batch are still giving <fragment>, iron, please let me know if there is any further testing i can do, I will hold onto a few of the batch, in case needed.

Edited by Raejinfury

This problem still seems to exist. I usually remember not to carry unidentified fragments across borders, but today... Fragments were discovered on Xanadu, and then carried via 3 server hops home on the other side of the map.

The only fragments that appear to be the armour fragments

Screenshot%202020-01-26%20at%2012.35.27.

• Like 1

Can confirm this is still a thing, it's really not a big deal, but I was just confused when I seen it happening xD

ogmAWGL.png