Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Changing weight force re-checks horse speed traits

Noticed this moving stuff to and from saddle sacks, every time my weight changed, it'd force a re-check of the horses traits, so my speed was jumping up and down as i was moving items around, instead of the minute or so between checks that it normally is.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

The way it's set up right now, it pretty much has to do this, since weight factors into that speed calculation as well.

Not sure if it's intended or what, though.

Sounds like a potential exploit to boost speed when the horse is going slow. I thought riders preferred spurs, but hey, if rummaging in the saddlebags wakes up the horse.... :P

I wonder if that works for a cart/wagon, if you add/remove weight from the cargo?

• Like 1

I have had several instances of bison with a wagon, take 10 seconds to upwards of 10 minutes until they speed up. This easily happens when you hop out of the wagon for a minute or two, then hop back in.
And all of these are 5-speeds. Though, I'm not sure if this is related to the OP (I hope it is though).

Edited by Benie

13 hours ago, Benie said:

I have had several instances of bison with a wagon, take 10 seconds to upwards of 10 minutes until they speed up. This easily happens when you hop out of the wagon for a minute or two, then hop back in.
And all of these are 5-speeds. Though, I'm not sure if this is related to the OP (I hope it is though).

I'm not sure what would cause this with bison, since they don't have to pass skill checks to use their speed traits. I haven't used them in a while though.

10 minutes for them to kick in seems... way too long.

Edited by Ostentatio