Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

"Display" style magical storage options

Now that we have "containers" that function by placing items on top of them, like tables and anvils, I was thinking how nice it would be to have a sort of "magic chest" equivalent that works in a similar fashion, preventing decay while also serving to display items more visibly. There are many items, like unique blood and runes, that look pretty good on a table, and are valuable, but that normally decay. Besides, people like to show off their fancy stuff in general, right?

Two possible examples:

Magical pedestal

• A short display pedestal that prevents decay.
  • Only fits a single item.
  • Would obviously be much cheaper than any existing magic chest, since it only stores one item.

Magical curio cabinet

• Similar to a tall empty bookshelf, but designed more like a fancy cabinet with glass doors.
  • Holds larger objects than a small magical chest, but has less volume overall than a large magical chest.
  • Cost would be somewhere in between that of an SMC and an LMC.

Just spitballing some ideas here.

Hmm, something else for the traders or potential website shop items. Sound pretty spiffy and people do love showing off their stuff.

• Like 1

I like the idea, though I would add that a person looking could examine the items still to see their magical qualities. 

+1

Priests could cast bag of holding on a container and increase storage by 10% or maybe make it scale with spell power, be cool anyways. Something that could give more oomph than a rune.

With some of the new streamers / video makers doing tours of the more well known sites of the older servers, and the new route finding system now becoming more complete on most servers, this could herald a new age of Wurm tourism.  It would be nice if there was actually something cool to see when visitors get there.  Some of the larger and older settlements might offer visitors a museum of curiosities and artefacts, using this display furniture.

+1

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

Priests could cast bag of holding on a container and increase storage by 10% or maybe make it scale with spell power, be cool anyways. Something that could give more oomph than a rune.

I'm not really sure what that has to do with this thread.

2 hours ago, koroth said:

I like the idea, though I would add that a person looking could examine the items still to see their magical qualities.

Yeah, ideally the item should have permissions applied, but the item should be visible and able to be examined and such, like any other item you can see but can't take.

2 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

I'm not really sure what that has to do with this thread.

Yeah, ideally the item should have permissions applied, but the item should be visible and able to be examined and such, like any other item you can see but can't take.

Oh my bad, didn't read your idea of having a cost free replacement for magical chests.

Sorry about that.

-1 to your idea, hope that helps you out there

I never said they would be cost-free; in fact, I said the opposite.

There were bullet points and everything.

Edited by Ostentatio