Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Highways and bridges linked by a house

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1enAogVQhXsDvKrOT0DCna5zWh-z4RCsN9ABxMnDSmjw/edit#

Bridges

Bridges can also be a target for catseyes, not waystones as cannot have junctions on a bridge, so they form part of that highway section.

Think best way is to place the marker in the nearest corner, so long as now on sides of bridge.

If there is a house used between two bridges, as it is possible to use a house between 2 bridges for a highway:

• Allow a marker to be placed near the NW corner of the target floor tile, so it does not vanish into a wall, thus making it available to be targeted for destruction.

• Needs “modify building” permission to be able to do this.

• Add the same decay reduction for building on a highway as what is used for bridges.

• Structure Decay. Having a bridge or house on a highway route should reduce decay (bridges already get a decay reduction for use, so could just double that).

The spelling and grammar are making this hard for me to understand...  Is it truly possible to lay a highway network through a house that has 2 bridges connecting to it?    It seems like I can, but what does needing to destroy the marker have to do with anything?  I'm confused here...

Edited by Nomadikhan

Yes, we actually created such  a highway, two long bridges and a tall building as center support (it was a 2 tiles wide one from when bridges got introduced but converted to a highway.

Structure decay is minimal UNDER the highway tiles, all other walls decay as normal (including walls on the sides of the highway which are higher than the actual highway (location is east of Kalambaka, S15 on Xanadu)

PEQXDUa.png

Edited by Jaz

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

Yes, we actually created such  a highway, two long bridges and a tall building as center support (it was a 2 tiles wide one from when bridges got introduced but converted to a highway.

Structure decay is minimal UNDER the highway tiles, all other walls decay as normal (including walls on the sides of the highway which are higher than the actual highway (location is east of Kalambaka, S15 on Xanadu)

PEQXDUa.png

This is awesome, would you be able to get me a pic of the floor the catseyes are on?  I would greatly appreciate it if you could!

Edit:  Got my information from Zaj.  Thank you very much.

Edited by Nomadikhan

I've also updated the document, looks like part of the original design document tense was not corrected 

• Like 1