Sign in to follow this  
Luttuosa

Wooden hen house

Hello guys :)

I would like to see a wooden hen house. It could be an item which would cover a surface of 2x1 tiles, it should contain one rooster and 3 hens (like 2 animals per tile, I think it is an equal number), and would produce 1 egg per hen each 90 minutes (the same time needed to rebreed or remilk animals, but it could take more time of course).
The rooster should be necessary to make the eggs every 90 min; without the rooster, the chickens would produce eggs in the normal window of time of wild chickens.
The item can be opened and inside we have to add wheat or other cereals or vegetables (chickens eat basically everything); without the food the chickens make eggs as wild chickens.
The chickens and the rooster enter in the house like the animals enter in the cages and their age and health can be managed by opening the house, like the creature cages.
The items would have an empty and a full design, this is an example I found online:

Medieval_Chicken_Coop_brighter_700x700.j

Edited by Luttuosa
  • Like 14

Oooh  Ooohhhh  OOOOHHHH

In Nomadispeak, that means +1

• Like 1

I happen to speak decanomadispeak,  so from me is   ÖÖÖÖ!!!   --   which means +10. 

• Like 2

HEY! LITTLE HEN (1941) 

Ralph Butler / Noel Gay

I had a lot of chickens, a large chicken run

But owing to conditions I'm now down to one

I give her all the tid-bits the dear little thing

And just to keep her up to scratch, I go to her and sing:

Hey little hen, when, when, when

Will you lay me an egg for my tea? 

Will you try to supply one for me?

Get into your nest,

Do your little best,

Get it off your chest,

I can do the rest.

+1

• Like 3

Going to cite a verse from the fabled Necronomadinomikhan...  "YASSSSSSSS +100"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Muse said:

HEY! LITTLE HEN (1941) 

Ralph Butler / Noel Gay

I had a lot of chickens, a large chicken run

But owing to conditions I'm now down to one

I give her all the tid-bits the dear little thing

And just to keep her up to scratch, I go to her and sing:

Will you try to supply one for me?

Get into your nest,

Do your little best,

Get it off your chest,

I can do the rest.

+1

Required addon (suggestion: play it all day long on a loop with max volume...)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

And can fill with feed into it like an FSB.  The feed being seeds or whatever else they will eat.

• Like 1

+ all of the numbers yes

This would be amazing!  I wouldn't even mind if they were tile bound like merchant stalls and guard towers. Please!!!

Edited by Seriphina
  • Like 1

+1 definately :) esp if the henhouse looks like the one Luttosa showed ?

• Like 1

oooooh, oooooh! in terms of Elwoodspeak  means +100

• Like 1

+1... and is it bad i know what game that picture's from?

• Like 1

I know there is plenty of wogic in this game, but as kid that grew up with chickens I can say they churn out eggs like crazy rooster or not.  What might work out well is if the current egg hatching chick mechanic was removed and egg production just had to do with taking care or the hens however that would be determined then once a rooster was added you could occasionally get a "fertilized" egg that you could let decay and hatch or just use normally if you didn't want another chicken.

• Like 1

+1 to raising chickens, eating eggs, hashbrowns and bangers every morning. 

** Have the chicken process be like tending a farm.

- Have to feed them at least once a day for a week for better yield and such.

- At end of chickens cycle would drop eggs.

- Chickens will not produce new eggs without certain rooster to chicken ratio per house. (whatever they called for pairing. Never raised chickens.)

- If don't pickup eggs and put in FSB then they have chance to hatch depending on house ratio.

- Chance of rooster/chicken death if not taken care of (fed) at all while pregnant (is that that right word?)

51 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

** Have the chicken process be like tending a farm.

- Have to feed them at least once a day for a week for better yield and such.

- At end of chickens cycle would drop eggs.

- Chickens will not produce new eggs without certain rooster to chicken ratio per house. (whatever they called for pairing. Never raised chickens.)

- If don't pickup eggs and put in FSB then they have chance to hatch depending on house ratio.

- Chance of rooster/chicken death if not taken care of (fed) at all while pregnant (is that that right word?)

Just a couple things here, you only want one rooster per chicken coop since they regularly fight for dominance and can get pretty hurt (that varies a bit).

Hens naturally lay eggs on a semi daily basis;, as long as they are healthy and getting a large number of hours of sunlight daily (had a light in the roost area so the production through the fall and winter wouldn't drop as much. Maybe set up some kinda light in the fall winter to reduction in production from less daylight. Less eggs are laid as they get older.  So when hatching eggs a "brooding" hen will almost never leave the clutch of eggs to constantly keep them warm only leaving for a short time to eat  drink poop. They stop laying eggs when nesting as well.

So you would probably have a feeding trough that you could fill with seeds or grains they would eat.Then you could have nesting box slots, for however many hens you had. and putting in a fertilized egg in a nesting box slot/container would reduce egg production by however much hen was worth.

you would have to shovel out the ######  every so often and put in new hay or maybe thatch since it's wurm.

Edited by Yawen
  • Like 1