Sign in to follow this  
Dearmad

Problem connecting 2 hosted servers

Hello,

Some friends and I have been playing on a fairly small server and recently decided to add a second one.  We went thru the host's process for connecting 2 servers, and could get them to see each other but couldn't travel between them.  We asked the host to look at it, they took them down, made sure the lgoin database had the correct info in the correct tables, and according to them everything was the way it was supposed to be and they couldn't figure out why we can travel between the servers.  They suggested I copy/paste the error we are getting here and ask for assistance since they are stumped.

The error is:

[10:06:22 AM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.LoginServerWebConnection: Failed to send command Connection refused to host: 23.94.139.192; nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

They said to mention that there are no firewalls in the way.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

13 hours ago, Dearmad said:

Connection timed out

This means the server is failing to communicate with the other server.

1) Make sure you can ping each server from each other server, if you can't tell the host to fix their network

2) Make sure that RMI is enabled in wurm.ini

3) Make sure that all the addresses, port numbers (internal, RMI and RMI registration), passwords and server IDs are correct and match between the servers

• Like 1

I apologize for not getting back to you both sooner, real life kidnapped me. ?

@Brash_EndeavorsThank you for the links, I've glanced through them quickly and will be reading more in-depth in the next few days.

@bdewTo answer your points 1)I don't have that level of access to the servers (we're hosted with a gameserver hosting service).  2)USE_INCOMING_RMI=true  3) All of the things you mentioned match with one exception.  We had to place a password on the second server to keep people from trying to log into it after making it a non-login server (it only has a few characters on it, but we;re interested in keeping the existing buildings and terraforming).

Answering those raised another question in my mind, is it possible to keep the second server from showing in the launcher? 

Thank you both for the time you took to answer my questions, it's greatly appreciated.   Hopefully in the next couple of days I'll have time to dig a little deeper.

Thank you again.

1 is the most important part considering the error looks like a network connectivity issue, so if you can't check it have the hoster check it. or find a better hoster :P

You can prevent servers from showing up in the least by setting steam query port to 0 or firewalling said port. Also non-login servers should reject direct logins ("You need to connect to the login server.") anyway and if they don't then something is wrong with the config.