Sign in to follow this  
Chubby

New canal near Sloping Sand (Image heavy)

My alt deed, located on Poco's old deed site near Sloping Sand, has finished digging through a shallow (8 slope) 3-wide canal. The highway has been re-routed around the north side of the deed, and the cateyes over the hump at the old market have been straightened out (no more zig zag).

I still have lots of clean up work to do, and to re-slope the banks (particularly on the east side).

The original waystone was moved over a couple tiles, while a new one was also placed near the bridge for any future expansions of the highway system via northwest over the hill to Lake Wyvern if anyone ever decides to.

**Thanks to Barricade for setting up the bridge for me.**

Reed seems to growing quit quickly on it's own in the canal. Already have 8 tiles of it so eventually it could look like a swampy inland river.

My first character was on Release may years ago shortly after it's release, when the area was rather built up and fairly active (and Sloping Sand was a swamp).. I always wanted Poco's spot and to build the canal. It's need has long since passed, but I now have the spot, and still need it for my own purposes to transload to/from my main on Xan. There's two old shafts running very close to where I dug on either side, so I don't think I could dredge it for deep boats without hitting rock (and likely Ill be the only one using it and I don't have a deep boat anyway). I'm surprised as it is I didn't hit any even going shallow, as the guard tower sits on top of one shaft.

Spoiler

6l2wIMn.jpg

Spoiler

kbEP8US.jpg

pmJZ2J7.jpg

HHvyYb7.jpg

nQGBcMj.jpg

HC4ZHdy.jpg

zCCTsZN.jpg

xGKxPwb.jpg

iUcLRlT.jpg

• Like 2