Sign in to follow this  
Enlightened_One

Bears at a distance

12 hours ago, Enlightened_One said:

Why do bears have pointy backs?

I's usually a graphic driver/settings issue. Please check your compatibility settings in launcher, set selections to core unless told otherwise.

They show that way for me, too.  My system can't run GLSL compatibility so I have to keep it off.  Maybe that's the same issue for you, too, Enlightened_One.

We tend to call them 'Bear Sharks'!

Note to Eobersig:  The graphics anomaly showing bears with shark fins only occurs at a certain viewing range,  not when close.

Edited by Tristanc

Yes I used to get the bear sharks with my old system which couldn't use GLSL.

I made some changes to the LOD meshes today that might result in a fix for next update, are there any other creatures that have similar issues?

• Like 1

With the caveat that I'm not a full-time hunter that travels seeking out a great variety of Wurm's monsters, bears are the only specific animal I've noticed that this effect is seen in the graphics (the 'shark fin' at medium+ range).

I /believe/ it's seen in both black and brown bears, but it's possible my memory's not correct there.

But no, I've not encountered any other animals in Wurm that have such a noticeable graphic anomaly.

Hoping your fix works with the next patch!