Sign in to follow this  
Agememnon

Imping PAS

Is PAS a skill where you cant imp fairly easily 5+ over your PAS skill?

BS I can

Carp I can

probably many others, but it seems PAS slows down much much slower, like 10-15 pointes before even. 

Just wondering if there are skills like that

Yes, it follows the same theme in that regard.  Naturally the higher you get the hard it is to imp to that 5 over, but it's definately possible.

For any sort of armor or horse gear, if you wear the appropriate title (in this case a PAS title) then improving QL gains will be increased somewhat. That could help a bit.

5 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Really so switch titles when working a particular craft.  Hmmm, never even thought of that,,,didnt even know that would be considered in skilling. 

Situation I was just in.  Was imping a set of Plate...pieces were anywhere from 45-50.  @ skill 70 got the pieces to around 50-55 depending on the piece my imps started notically failing ALOT more than I recall (and I just did this the day before) Imping items for BS.  It wouldnt appreciable slow until maybe 5-10 of my skill level, not this 15-20 from my skill level.  Granted this is just my obeservation, but thats what Im trained to do, observe. 

So does metal type have any factor?  Say Steel imps slower than Iron etc. 

A friend of mine just cuz he liked teh look wanted me to make him a set of Copper plate.  Same example as before most pieces were 45ish, from 45-55 seemed like a like a norml imp session.  55-60 seemed to take more than twice as long, and IM 70 PAS, so minus 10-15 my level, but this was Copper.

You should be able to fine if you keep your tools at least 10ql higher than your skill, personally i keep all my tools 90 plus for imping whatever the skill, 'skillers' are garbage, only useful for resource gathering really. 

That compiled list was very handy, thank you, Ostentatio.

• Like 1