Mclavin

Updates the current pvp community want

On 7/11/2018 at 7:18 PM, Mclavin said:

To avoid a reset of the map, current deeds not linked to a chain of towers will have increased upkeep until chained.

If the chain is broken between deeds already chained, would that increase upkeep as well? 

On 7/11/2018 at 7:18 PM, Mclavin said:

The traited regular horse with gear will be capped to 30.

I'd rather not have a cap, would be like boat chase. It never ends! But I'm all for disabling mounting of HH and unicorn.

Edited by Sharkin

It seems a lot of the aftershock isn't being thought about or fleshed out, and that's ok it's just another part of the discussion

-If you disable hellhorses, champ animal armies will return, what's the solution to that?

-As sharkin said, any cap to anything will be immediately reached and just be like the old boat fights; no ground gained or lost

2 hours ago, Sharkin said:

If the chain is broken between deeds already chained, would that increase upkeep as well? 

I think if that encourages players to go out and rebuild their towers in contested land, then maybe, but originally no it was just going to be for deeds that were wayy out there and nobody would chain and opt to disband instead. [i had 2 of mine in mind]

But maybe more convo on that, I think a small increase wouldn't hurt if the chain was broke..

7 hours ago, Roccandil said:

I don't mind a permadeath Champ system (a step to removing champs entirely, perhaps), but the way to deal with high-end accounts isn't to remove them, but to lower their replacement cost, such that a newbie can develop a near-high-end account in a few months.

Epic already does this to an extent, and intensifying the effect would be simple enough.

This is exactly the kind of #### I am talking about. You want a free ride to the top, the ability to create a 90+ in every characteristic account in a matter of a year or less while others have worked for 8+ years on one to even get close to that.

Go back home to Epic kiddo. The ride is much easier there. Worry about fixing your own population and stop trying to land the final killing blow on this dying moose.

Can we get a challenge server to test the changes. Actually just give us one period, the first 2 weeks of the first challenge was the best pvp experience i have had in the game ever.

5 hours ago, whereami said:

This is exactly the kind of #### I am talking about. You want a free ride to the top, the ability to create a 90+ in every characteristic account in a matter of a year or less while others have worked for 8+ years on one to even get close to that.

Go back home to Epic kiddo. The ride is much easier there. Worry about fixing your own population and stop trying to land the final killing blow on this dying moose.

Sounds like -you- want no competition. :P Protecting the value of the existing Chaos accounts means population stasis, at best. Who's going to spend eight years being behind to -possibly- catch up? By that time, the current eight-year accounts will be sixteen-year accounts.

Any top-tier account that's lasted since Wurm began was done in "easy mode". They weren't many years -behind- when they started, and it's a great deal easier to be a top account when you've been a top account from the beginning. Anyone who was years behind and caught up anyhow, that's impressive, yet it still represents a window of opportunity that is closing, or has closed already.

Bottom line: the more that time goes by, the less chance a new player has to catch up on Chaos; to do so, they -must- buy an account.

Is that really a good thing?