Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Updates the current pvp community want

so now you have to make sure you're nolo'd before you leave deed and be a priest just to roam solo, yeah no. It doesn't work, it isn't working.

"just don't do that" isn't gonna cut it. People will because they can, thats why changes are needed. It's killing roaming and these "features" killed the game.

Wasn't it even mentioned in Epic 180, stripping features, you seem set on keeping them

Edited by Mclavin

I want it removed because time and time again i was located from 1000 tiles away by enemies and they got to me in 10-15 minutes because of 45km/h hell horses and i got in trouble because of it.

There's no risk involved in locating someone. No effort either, it's piss easy, any priest with 50+ channeling will get a hit on you no matter how good your nolo ring is u'll get located eventually. NO COUNTERPLAY, this is the most important factor, there is NOTHING  you can do to stop it

32 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

so now you have to make sure you're nolo'd before you leave deed and be a priest just to roam solo, yeah no. It doesn't work, it isn't working.

"just don't do that" isn't gonna cut it. People will because they can, thats why changes are needed. It's killing roaming and these "features" killed the game.

Wasn't it even mentioned in Epic 180, stripping features, you seem set on keeping them

That is because I want different features on Epic 180 which is designed to be a legacy type environment.

I never made any positions on locate soul or nolocate in that thread, and honestly its not the hill I want to die on.

Also wearing nolocate jewelry would cover you under my proposal.

Chaos should be everything the current game has, with pvp on top.

Edited by FranktheTank

The only thing I like about nolo and rings is that you know if people are being active or can tell if you are being hunted.  Like if you think some ###### is about to go down you check your rings and /who.  Be nice to have something replace this concept maybe.

Right now to see if people are online to try to trap or fight:

1) Check friends list (some people have enemies or enemy alts on their friends list).

2) Check pvp titles and offices.

3) Check on the forums or discord to try to figure out who's currently active and possibly online.

4) Spam locate soul on a list of people every few hours and see who you get (fishing pretty much).

5) Mail check people

6) Probably few other ways

I don't know if this is good idea, but have a list of every name of anyone that is logged in on Chaos just so you can figure out who to go play with.  Right now you can spend a few hours in low wind just to check if someone is home and trip their alarm, then wait another 40+ minutes to see who logs in.  Some times 3 hours later you get no fights and fall asleep letting other people drive the boat home.

Or an active alliance count so you can see how many from what alliance is logged in?

I don't really like this ideas too much, but only thing I can think of to not have hours and hours or looking for something to do or fight.  The long trips are worth it though when you get a good fight at least.  I don't mind long travel then.

Edited by nicedreams

as locate soul is right now on epic, it may aswell be disabled just like mondain said...

so a reduction of the range is rather pointless

you could put a 20hr cooldown on the locate soul spell or w/e, or imo just remove it and buff pendulums, again as mondain said

maybe give the information minister a role again, like locating one player every few hours, there are many things that would be way better than locate soul works right now

Edited by Quicktor

Would relying on pendulum range work if you don't know where the enemy is going to be? Given another suggestion is the removal of hota to improve roaming, you're looking at an incredibly tiny search range and chance of actually hitting anyone with a pendulum. 4096 is a rather large size for any server 

well, the mapsize is a big problem and i think many people tried to tell you guys we need a new map #pleasedontstartthatdiscussionagainiwasjusttrollingshhhhhhhhh

thts why i said, if not removing locate soul, nerf it in a way where its time restricted or stuff like that, cause a range reduction like on epic wont cut it at all

Cooldown on being located perhaps? Rather than the cooldown being on the cast itself

Wonder if you could give an event message either way "You feel the eyes of <playername> on you from afar> 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Cooldown on being located perhaps? Rather than the cooldown being on the cast itself

Wonder if you could give an event message either way "You feel the eyes of <playername> on you from afar> 

thats a start, dont really know if the second point you have there is good, i am tired....but first sounds good to me

Increase locate soul favor cost so when you're out in the field it's actually a gems worth for 1 try, apply a hidden resistance on a person, make it HARDER to locate from further away and easier as you get closer, 

so although you can have a chance of locating with kingdom priests it's still better to try and get closer for more accurate/consistant locates.

But with that

Allow 90+ nolo's to actually hide you from any locate but make this tick down as the time gets lower. That means keeping yourself 90+ nolo is a resource too, as you'd have to dispel/attempt to reaply if your objective requires not being found but at a cost. 

Only way i can see a balance kinda.

If you wanna be really cool, on the day of luck the locate from further distances is easier, avoid this day. ;D

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

i've revised my current post like 6 times trying to articulate what i think is the best change for locate soul, and all 6 times I came up with a different result. 

1. need a way to stop people from spamming on every known target from enemy kingdoms, preventing traps and all negative engagements (there aren't a whole lot of targets anymore, and we all know who to locate because of the pvp population) this happens from either a single priest, or multiple people casting it doesn't really matter

2. also a way to prevent people from getting located every time they step off deed to hunt

3. retain a way for players to find other people that are actually within kill range

4. promote ways of people running into each other naturally

5. giving players "xx locates you" message is both good and bad. (im assuming this is on success, not just attempts like nolo jewelry currently works, right?)

• one reason for good is it lets you know that you're in danger if out roaming and that you're getting hit with a random locate and you're in danger (so you just grab horse gear and karma lol)
  • one reason for good is that if you were trying to stealth trap deep in enemy territory you now know its a waste of your time to stay
  • one reason for bad is essentially the same reason its good, if you know your trap went sour you leave and it doesn't give the enemy time to put something together and prevents more fighting

there are about a thousand scenarios for it to be good and bad, but i won't list every one

whats the worse case scenario if someone CAN'T cast locate soul on people? they have to roam the map/known hunting grounds/frequented enemy areas during peak hours to find people out? it becomes a bit more dangerous to step off deed because someone else might be playing the game and setting a trap for you? I don't understand the entitlement of "I HAVE to know" where "xx" player is, "just because I want to". I never got it with a population of 200+ players on a server, and I still dont get it with a population of 10. People complain "omg but chev killed my friend, I NEED to know where he is so we can go gank him and get revenge!!//!!!//1" no, sorry, no you don't NEED to know where he is. If you DID you would go roam for him? traps/isolated kills need to be part of the game to make things interesting for smaller groups/solo players

coupled with removal of nolo on body and enhanced pendulums range (with nerfs to finding stealthed players, but can't make it impossible) removing locate altogether is still the solution I like most

and yeah, the maps are H U G E  for our current players whether its elevation or the epic cluster as a whole (4 whole gigantic maps) or Chaos itself. Really miss old ele, but I think we've evolved beyond asking for drastic map changes and we're just trying to get some core gameplay changing mechanics put in to make it more fun and balanced in the game we love with the low pvp population we have, and have had for some time now ?

lastly, I think we need to remember we're looking at all the changes AS A WHOLE. we aren't just talking about changing locate soul right? we're trying to shift away from a hotacentric map focus where all of the kingdoms sit in the middle of the map throwing locates out on people to see when they should leave and instead make reasons to move around the map, on top of that we're trying to promote condensed kingdom infrastructure via chained towers and slower horses, a reformed armor system that allows people being able to wear various armors that don't cost them 90 euros every time they die. It all fits in line together when looking at it from a big picture

its all a huge jigsaw puzzle, and without some pieces it really just doesn't look right

sorry for the massive post, im bad at being concise

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 7

What about a "Detect Life" spell, that only works in local range (whatever it is), and highlights all people who are already visible in local?

10 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

What about a "Detect Life" spell, that only works in local range (whatever it is), and highlights all people who are already visible in local?

that sounds insanely overpowered and imbalanced

47 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

38 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

that sounds insanely overpowered and imbalanced

Reveal creatures does EXACTLY that

8 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Reveal creatures does EXACTLY that

yeah i forgot that reveal creatures highlights people apparently?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

idk if it highlights them, havent used it in a while, but it does show people on it

• Like 3

I think devs should now start working on disabling and reworking the hota and battle camps as suggested, this will right away create new experiences.

on top of that, you should also release the tower mechanics asap to stop deeds being placed anywhere before they face punishment via mechanics of upkeep or w/e, and nobody can feel burned out from it.

Rest is just talk until things are confirmed and agreed by you that it will happen. You should confirm the above 2 at the very least so we can focus the remaining 3 changes and their sub changes.

Dev been walking on egg-shells around changes for ages now, these aren't even new, retro knew what the list would be before it was even posted. Start confirming or talk of it for the third year through the summer isn't cutting it this year.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Mclavin said:

Dev been walking on egg-shells around changes for ages now, these aren't even new, retro knew what the list would be before it was even posted. Start confirming or talk of it for the third year through the summer isn't cutting it this year.

I think it's probably okay for me to say the following:

An exceptional amount of PvP-related bugs have been fixed - These are ready to go and will be live with the next update. This ranges from minor things like models not displaying properly to fixes which actually change how things operate. Features that were previously broken now function correctly, especially when it comes to PMK's.

Armour code has been completely rewritten from scratch - This is currently undergoing testing and will continue to do so until the next update, or when it's deemed stable. With this change making armour much easier to work with, there's a good chance of changes to armour statistics. This might come during the patch that implements this rewrite or some update shortly after. I don't have a timeline for it, but it's currently aimed for the next patch or two.

Some talking points in this thread are entering production - I'm not going to go into specifics on which they are, but the dev team has seen this thread and read through it. There's been internal discussion on the topics and their potential impact. And no, entering production doesn't mean you're going to see it years from now. My personal estimate for what I'm working on would be a few weeks, which would mean it should be seen within a month or two.

If it were up to me, I'd give a few more specifics, but I'm trying not to overstep my bounds or raise expectations too high. Right now, I'm just putting in the effort to move the game forward. I know there's anxiety in getting these changes fast, but I can tell you from experience as a player: Seeing the change you wanted in the patch notes without knowing it was coming, then playing it the next day feels great. Hearing about a change that's coming then waiting for it to happen feels awful.

• Like 14

You've just confirmed that things are in the works and that's all we needed to know, so that's really great to hear, I didn't want to waste another summer hoping a change would come and then waiting for Christmas and then back around to summer again and wondering what happened to that thread that 1 time all groups on Chaos got into agreement.

Since the thread has done it's job and got issues we have/had to your tables, I can check back a bit less knowing it's in your good hands.

Thank you to all the groups that pitched in opinions/points/ideas and kept KvK tit for tat to one side and personal agenda to one side,
ty for the devs in reading and asking back questions/giving points and ideas.

o/

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 3

@Development Team: Thank you for more than Listening, which is big on it's own.  I appreciate the receptiveness and willingness to consider player input to the Dev. team.   In other games, this is next to not ever a thing.  Then again, there is little match in caliber, as a wurmian.

I havent seen the devs this engaged, and very recently I have seen devs squashing ages old bugs on command. For the first time in nearly 2 years I have seen the devs stomping the eggshells instead of trying to walk over them. 

I am excited to see what will happen. People.just need to be patient. The fact they are listening and discussing is way more than we've had in ages. Thanks fam!

Take it however you want, until I actually see some substantial efforts actually put towards PvP your posts mean nothing. Played the game for far too long to get hopeful on a few developer’s posts.   It seems like you are trying and I applaud that, but again, its just talk.  Good luck and hopefully you actually make PvP more active all around.

9 hours ago, MrGARY said:

9 hours ago, Gladiator said:

idk if it highlights them, havent used it in a while, but it does show people on it

Good point: if existing suggestions to clean up the output from Reveal Creatures and Get Info were implemented, it (theoretically) wouldn't be hard at all to pick out players from the list, and that should probably happen anyway (it's more of an interface improvement than anything else).

• Like 1