Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Updates the current pvp community want

If everyone is concerned about Hell Horses being an hindrance, but still wouldn't mind having them, why not just compromise and lower the taming and/or BC difficulty. 

(FYI I hate hell horses, but I hate making them easier to ride even more because it is dumbing the game down.)

The #1 point no one seems to argue about in the slightest is returning towers to the old state of chaining and territory conquest. I think that is great.

I really am not sure about that dynamic local still, I do not see how that would really benefit anyone except absolutely ruin people in ganks.

I also would like to see the return of how locate soul actually worked, I do not think it was really that bad of a spell, maybe some folks can enlighten me on why it was such a bad thing.

• Like 1

Because they hinder pvp overall, going 43kmph away from a archery shot, yeah if that 1 shot doesn't land he's gone. 

It's rubbish, many people have explained that it's rubbish and why it's rubbish and tbh they should have never been introduced to pvp.
Just a side note, Many more people actually wanted no horses but that would defeat the point of roaming for chests, so regular traited horses were 'kept' as middle ground with speed cap of 30. 

People talking about buzzing across the map in 15 minutes, yeah that isn't creating pvp with a 80 tile heads up for anybody you wanna pounce on.
If you know where to look and visit areas often, you can see where enemy are/have been and know where to check. 

If people think it's cool that TC can go from south coast to north in 15 minutes because a tab popped then ye by all means keep hh in game. 

I think tho with slower speeds of getting across the maps, you'll see people actually living at outter deeds and actually making a push to gain the easier routes for travels etc

The requirements is just a small factor inside the bigger factor it has on pvp and controlling a map. Proph explains it better, but yeah.

Edited by Mclavin

+1 and rename chaos back to Wild 

Edited by Blazer
  • Like 4

Since it was mentioned, I'd like some input on how Locate Soul is perceived on Epic vs Chaos. Which system is better? The limitation of 200 tiles on epic, or the unlimited range on chaos? Is there some other change to make Locate Soul better in the current meta?

They're different maps. Elevation was flat so there was never anything blocking you getting to a closer distance, where as Chaos there are huge mountains and most roads were carved into the hills so these obstacles are harder to get to the distance you'd need for a locate, for this reason I think the limitation has to be higher, I would limit it to Rather long distance which is 200-499 tiles. This will help small groups go out and pvp without kingdoms spamming them from capital deeds, again, you'd go out into the area you think they're at before locating instead of sitting at a Radar, before even a tabb pops.

The main benefit to this update was pulling away kingdom spamming priests. But it also helped with alt abuse along side the cave view distance, it actually made alt abuse hard.

Another point to add, delayed death tabs or only people in the kingdoms on the kill/death side can see the tabs. This was brought up a lot by Joey and people seemed to agree.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

One issue with locate soul is getting 3 deeds in a good position and then you can use triangulation to figure out exactly where people are.  I hope lowering this prevents it a little more but don't think a way to get rid of triangulation.

On another note.  Only thing to get me off deed on Chaos "roaming" around is volcanos.  The only other is capping towers and need at least a small group for that.  Oh ya and there's the forever fun making bricks and mortar.  Other than that current PvP pretty lame.  Only time it's fun is when you can get 5+ people running around for a few hours which is rare right now.  Random teleport no fun since not afraid to bump into anyone because there is no one to bump into.  Capping towers for the hell of it now boring.  Don't see much of that anymore.  Death tabs been empty unless I'm part of it.  :)

Give me a magic chest to find or something.  Chaos boring as hell right now.  Get a day or two of good fun then a couple weeks of no fun.  Not a good balance.  We had to initiate fun with our friends Panda last month, but that got old quick since couldn't get enough people constantly online more than 1 day and so back to bricks and mortar.

Epic sucks there's no volcanos to go hunt for boulders.  They all dried up.  Can't hunt for a Dragon on Epic because no one there to help you kill it.

Personal goals made PvP bleed badly.

// Ranting the same stuff I'm always posting about.  Almost like why am I still playing......

Edited by nicedreams

that's a really far stretched theory with the deeds being triangulated since if changes are made, each of those would have to be Chained leading to different points, i doubt that would be done just to cover 200-499 tiles, when it's easier to just ride out and locate.

That theory never took place on elevation, you'd just ride up a local short and cast a locate around deeds or hota

Edited by Mclavin

52 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

Since it was mentioned, I'd like some input on how Locate Soul is perceived on Epic vs Chaos. Which system is better? The limitation of 200 tiles on epic, or the unlimited range on chaos? Is there some other change to make Locate Soul better in the current meta?

Locate soul on Epic seems very easy to hide from, but I'll grant I don't have much experience with it.

You just have to remember if you implement cave view distance to be 25, you need karma CD when leaving enemy local, same as fighting then trying to use a portal, "you feel restless" or w/e

my take on locate soul is that its so anti everything and jsut sucks overall. I dont even like the 200 range because even 200 is too far. The problem with epic setup is when people are in your local with body nolo and you can't pick them up on pendulum and have no idea which direction to go without first getting a locate hit. On epic this is an issue because pendulum range sucks even at max cast, nolo on body nulls pend, and hh are so fast that by the time you realize someones in locate range they're already out of the 200 tile range before you get a hit on them if they have a decent ring ql/nolo cast

because the population in this game is so low you can also use it to avoid 90% of bad outcome fights just by spending 5 minutes locating every known enemy and the only way around this is to have your people logout to avoid being hit with a locate

literally current meta

-step 1 ran into someone? cool

-step 2 have someone login royal priest and start spamming locates on every known enemy from said kingdom to see if they're in the general area or within a reasonable riding distance to get into the fight

-step 3 count numbers and either engage or continue running based on /who and knowledge of opponent playtimes. Again, with such low playerbase you start to remember your enemies playtimes

and then if you're the bigger kingdoms you can just spam locate on people throughout the day until you get a good hit, and then hoard up and run them down

i've been on both sides of the coin, and I don't like having locate soul hit people at any range. imo buff pendulum range to upwards of 80tiles at max cast and remove nolocate on body and locate soul on players 

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mclavin said:

that's a really far stretched theory with the deeds being triangulated since if changes are made, each of those would have to be Chained leading to different points, i doubt that would be done just to cover 200-499 tiles, when it's easier to just ride out and locate.

That theory never took place on elevation, you'd just ride up a local short and cast a locate around deeds or hota

Not a theory, we did it in DD.  After awhile you can figure out where someone is with alts spamming locate soul.  That's how it used to be for getting fights too.  No one would want to leave deed unless you spammed a bunch of locate souls from all over.

I know TC does it too.  Not hating and not a cheat or anything since it's perfectly part of the game and strategy, but just sucks when gives advantage.

Edited by nicedreams

Uh, well.

On elevation when I played super actively (Mongol-Piltover and all in between), I remember all of us setting up detailed maps, and markers on where things were considered in distance, and then triangulating positions based on the information we got.

It was very possible.

In terms of having 3 or so deeds to find a position within that space, we never did that but I can see it being done easily, we sometimes had folks living off the main deed either west, south, or east of our POS do locates and worked between the alliance chat.

Edited by FranktheTank

on a system where locate soul wasn't capped to a tile range, ofc if you live north south and east you can do this but with locate soul cap it's not feasible to do this for THIS LONE REASON.

Ele was also smaller. 

When no hota is around, people could be anywhere, so what you gonna move 3 deeds to each "hot zone", no thats what i mean, it is kinda stretched.

getting 3 deeds in a good position and then you can use triangulation to figure out exactly where people are

Edited by Mclavin

So I guess the real question is: Would you prefer to see a reduction in locate soul range, or would you rather see it removed completely?

removed, with pendlum instead. But you would have to offer stealthed players a resistance to pendlum but a certain % if you remove nolo otherwise stealthing is a thing of the past

/who removal, theres so much lol

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

Why

I do not understand why you want to make people even harder to find. Especially on Chaos.

It will extend the "empty game" feeling.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 1

If Locate Soul were removed, I'd change it to Locate Corpse (if nothing else, I've helped newbies find their corpses with it).

43 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

I do not understand why you want to make people even harder to find. Especially on Chaos.

It will extend the "empty game" feeling.

Idk how you think people are hard to find, I know where to go to get any kingdom in local. You think sitting on deed spamming locates all day is good for smaller kingdoms or groups? JKC was crying about EVERY back door we did, and it was because of locating. 

Locate soul is aids, or you know keep it how it is and nothing changes and i keep locating you for every time you step off deed *shrugs*

but it won't remain the same, the same issue gets brought up by more and more people all pointing to the same issues. Lol

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

This is a thought I had and dunno how well thought out it is but...  back in the day only Vyn had locate, and this was a problem as hots had to use enemy alts to locate and wl kingdoms were forced to have vyn priests for mobile locates.  This is why every priest got locate, because locate being inaccessible was the problem (see yet again... how the problem is the solution and the solution is the problem?).  So what if we tried a middle ground, and this will only work as long as player gods remain as they are.  Remove locate soul from player gods (keep it on pve to locate corpse/friends/whatever) so on pvp if you want to locate, you need a template priest account (mag/vyn/fo/lib).  This gives a choice, be a powerhouse of a priest, or be a weaker priest that can do mobile locates.  Most people will want to remain a powerhouse as it obviously will give the advantage/requirement necessary to win in an actual fight, while some will be template priest for locates to help make the fight happen without the ability to use 10 priests to spam locate.  Nolo can stay with every god as it wont make much difference, you can just load everyone up with a 1.5 hr nolo cast on deed and then go run around.  Just maybe increase the favor cost of body nolo, maybe 30 favor

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

This is a thought I had and dunno how well thought out it is but...  back in the day only Vyn had locate, and this was a problem as hots had to use enemy alts to locate and wl kingdoms were forced to have vyn priests for mobile locates.  This is why every priest got locate, because locate being inaccessible was the problem (see yet again... how the problem is the solution and the solution is the problem?).  So what if we tried a middle ground, and this will only work as long as player gods remain as they are.  Remove locate soul from player gods (keep it on pve to locate corpse/friends/whatever) so on pvp if you want to locate, you need a template priest account (mag/vyn/fo/lib).  This gives a choice, be a powerhouse of a priest, or be a weaker priest that can do mobile locates.  Most people will want to remain a powerhouse as it obviously will give the advantage/requirement necessary to win in an actual fight, while some will be template priest for locates to help make the fight happen without the ability to use 10 priests to spam locate.  Nolo can stay with every god as it wont make much difference, you can just load everyone up with a 1.5 hr nolo cast on deed and then go run around.  Just maybe increase the favor cost of body nolo, maybe 30 favor

The biggest issue is the Kingdom half favor priests sat back at capital casting locates 24/7 until somebody is a local off deed, thats what the cap would address with Rather long, 200-499 tiles is pretty dang far if you're actually mobile and looking.
Your suggestion on top of a cap would defeat kingdom preists acting like Radar 24/7 and actually get them out there and mobile a bit.

Could start out at 1,000 maximum tile distance for Locate Soul and see if that helps at all. It would at least discourage the use of alts spamming from deeds or using the triangulation method from all the way across the map.

Locate soul is aids, or you know keep it how it is and nothing changes and i keep locating you for every time you step off deed *shrugs*

Or, you could just not do that *shrugs*

Or you know just have nolo block locating, and lose charge per cast.

Edited by FranktheTank