Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Updates the current pvp community want

Over the months we've requested changes and updates and had debates about the details of these updates and scope of them. 
We've discussed as players from mixed kingdoms the top changes we'd like to see and the details of each and are presenting them here.

This is posted for wider feed back and for all input including devs. 

Keep the threads clear from KvK talk, trolling, unrelated changes not yet listed and derailing. 
I know a lot of ideas / changes are wanted but make a new thread and try to stick on topic of each point

These changes will not affect freedoms mechanics.

Hota Removal and Battle camp Rework 

Remove hota and instead spawn statues that can only be loaded on a cart or wagon. 
Add more Battle camps and increase slightly the spawn rate of chests inside these zones, where anybody can get an increased chance to lock picking. 
Increase Battle camps anti-build zones to 1 local, spawn zone inside of this.
Chests will also spawn outside of these camps but with higher difficulty to lockpicking, statues will spawn outside these zones. 
Bring back the purpose of the other 90% of the map instead of a end game zone.
Possibility of bashing towers to force a spawn, making it harder for deeds to camp on edge of local.

Tower Chaining

Bring back tower chaining and stop random deeds dropping in middle of territory you wouldn't otherwise be.
To avoid a reset of the map, current deeds not linked to a chain of towers will have increased upkeep until chained.
Any new deeds being dropped can not be unless towers are already chained.=

Horse Rework

Only allow traited regular horses to be used on chaos. Disable mounting of hell horses and unicorns.
We think this will help with front line deeds being lived in more and less ghost-war deeds. Also stops people dashing away from a 80 tile local on a 40 kmph horse. 
The traited regular horse with gear will be capped to 30.
Alongside this we'd like to see an increased skill gain of hunting mobs on Chaos, you're moving slower, in more danger so this will incentive hunting on chaos.

*Just make it so HH and Unicorns can't be mounted, they will still spawn

Reduced local and Dynamics

After numerous WU servers tested this, it's proven to increase the likely hood of fights and less of enemy getting away. We'd like to have a trial period and adjust accordingly with 30 days intervals.
Local range is affected by weather, day and night with an indicator letting you know your tile range.
day time: 60 tiles
night time: 40 tiles

bad weather: 40 tiles
This can be played with.
Cave view distance should be 25 from inside viewing outside.

Epic Armour changes

One of the most requested additions, nobody wants to risk drake for some pvp or to learn pvp, nobody wants to take plate and run into somebody in drake, epic armor changes were well balanced and will do wonder for the Chaos community and take huge risk away.
Less risk but on a balanced playing field = more pvp generated.
Wearing plate and dying 6 tiles off a mine hop to somebody in drake is not balance, running rings around people in chain because they can't make plate, is not balance.
One shotting people in leather/studded leather is not balance, make all armour types viable like you have on Epic

• Like 22

Required at the end:

*Some in the pvp community.

Until a concrete plan is available to epic I want no armor change moves anywhere else.

A trial period on the local idea is required like you said, would be interesting.

I do not know how to feel about a horse rework, try it though, because Hell Horses suck.

Tower chaining yes

Hota removal maybe, I think there is good merit to this, but it should be tested on a full challenge server, in fact all of this should be on challenge.

Or even just put it on Epic as it is already pretty experimental. 

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 1

+1, these suggested changes seek to equalize the playing field and mechanics a bit more away from snowballing to more a tug o war contested back n forth.  Massive fan of the tower chaining, mount restrictions, hota battlecamp revampings.  These area quintessential cornerstone changes needed to foster a more vibrant interaction and desire to engage.  Think of these suggested changes as a forced rugby scrum vs standing on sidelines of 8grade dance thinking...she thicc but i too afraid to ask her to dance.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 2

After much discussion from representatives across every kingdom with relatively easy agreements in every area this thread mentions, I am for these changes. 

Please dev’s, listen to your community and consider these suggestions as a whole as we see them as linked points. 

Many of us are willing to agree to aspects that don’t benefit us so that new players or new to pvp players can more easily get involved. 

Looking forward to dev’s responses ?

• Like 2

+1 everyone who actively plays on Chaos agrees to these. They are good for the game.

• Like 2

+1 to this, best discussion ever where more or less everyone seem to be on the same page

9 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

Hota removal maybe, I think there is good merit to this, but it should be tested on a full challenge server, in fact all of this should be on challenge.

Or even just put it on Epic as it is already pretty experimental. 

these seem like safest way without much reprecussion to hands on test vs theorize.  I"m down for another round o challenge or hosted on epic

+1 to all of this

doing these changes will bring back older players that liked to play pvp, but dont like some of the changes that have happened in the past. 

the pvp side of this game needs more love

Edited by EvaDaly
  • Like 1

+1 to everything. I think all of these combined will freshen the scene and change it for the better. 

Everything here promotes roaming and enjoying the other 90% of the map

• Like 1

I don't think this should go to Epic to be "Tested" chaos is perfectly fine to test it on, since it will be based here in the long run anyway and we're mostly already here with each kingdom setup.
With how we suggested the changes come in with towers for example, it will be minimal disruption and if it has to be pulled out, nobody would have lost anything since nobody is pushing currently.

On elevation we could literally chain towers around each other because of how flat it is, it won't represent a great test.

I'd opt for challenge as we all start fresh and get a new players perspective as well.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 3

+1 to all of this

might want to add the SotG effect idea @Mclavin

remove sotg effect in path of insanity, instead give everyone the sotg effect as a base DR

• Like 2

There’s some good ideas here and I wanted to pitch in my own opinion and thoughts on the feasibility of each one. These are just my opinion and I’m not making promises or setting deadlines.

HotA Removal & Battle Camps

This is probably the most technically challenging one. HotA isn’t something easily removed and replaced. This also shifts the dynamic of the PvP server dramatically. That’s not to say that it’s impossible or couldn’t be done, just making sure it’s understood that this would definitely be the most difficult of the suggestions to implement.

That said, I do believe there needs to be some reason to roam. The battle camps are a good solution, but bring a concern where it’s likely a single, powerful kingdom would end up taking control over them and farm it just like the current implementation of HotA. Maybe I’m misunderstanding how the battle camps work, but that’s the first thing that comes to mind when the objective is in a static location.

Tower Chaining

Being able to place a tower wherever you want does seem rather unintuitive. The changes proposed make sense to me, but I also don’t have the background as to why the tower chaining system from a long time ago was removed. If someone could explain why that happened, I’d be far more onboard with this.

Horse Rework

Hell horses and Unicorns are likely to pose an issue to balance as long as they exist. Whether it’s because they’re stronger in combat, faster, or whatever, it’s a balance nightmare without standardizing them in some way. Disabling the ability to ride hell horses and unicorns seems like the least intrusive method to get mounted speeds back in line.

Reduced Local

I don’t even need logic for this one, WU servers have tested this as thoroughly as humanly possible and the result of reduced local is always the same: Better PvP. The idea for a dynamic range based on weather conditions and time of day makes it even more immersive. This also opens up opportunities for night assaults or using fog to your advantage. Really good stuff.

Epic Armour Changes

This one is touchy because of how it affects the Freedom market. Most of the demand for drake and scale comes from the PvP servers. Buffing the other armours too much will render drake and scale obsolete. If not the epic armour changes, I think there’s definitely some room for increasing the movement speed from non-dragon armour, as well as increasing the DR for leather/studded to stay viable.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

Epic Armour Changes

This one is touchy because of how it affects the Freedom market. Most of the demand for drake and scale comes from the PvP servers. Buffing the other armours too much will render drake and scale obsolete. If not the epic armour changes, I think there’s definitely some room for increasing the movement speed from non-dragon armour, as well as increasing the DR for leather/studded to stay viable.

Just dont want to risk 120 euros (drakeset + mm weapons + mm helm) every time i go outside. 

• Like 4

I know you said hota is the hardest, but it's worth the most, with chained towers and good spread of camps it would be almost impossible to control them all but with the deed block range extended to one local, that isn't an issue. Making so we can bash them to move will solve some issues too. 

Armour change just needs to be not an instant death wish for wearing plate.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

Im not sure but it feels like there would be a better market with more ppl being able to make money if it wasn't all just around drakes? 
Like a proper chain smith or leather worker could make some more cash by making good armour etc instead of a group running about killing a drake here and there. 
Drake and scale would still be really good if it is the same changes that was made on epic.

Edited by Meep
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Just dont want to risk 120 euros (drakeset + mm weapons + mm helm) every time i go outside. 

Reminds me of nation states and their discussions of war without using nukes.

Could weapons be re-balanced so that Drake/Scale have their own weaknesses which render them less useful against 'most fights' I've always felt that the PvP weapon options are very homogenized.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Meep said:

Im not sure but it feels like there would be a better market with more ppl being able to make money if it wasn't all just around drakes? 

Most kingdoms would likely have an in-house crafter creating their sets. Those who win fights would simply loot it off their opponents and keep those in reserve. Regardless of what type of armour is in demand, the fact that there is no "sink" to remove armour from the economy makes looping in trade very difficult unless the armour is as rare as drake and scale. If you can think of a way to create an item sink to get armour (and weapons, possibly) out of the system via PvP, that would be something highly interesting to hear.

Scale and Drake are still great on epic, you just don't have to be required to wear it. TC got most of their drake from Uniques and ALL scale sets from Uniques, so we didn't affect the market. 

We wouldn't sell it if this update came through as they are still the TOP armors to wear. Chain/leather/plate were just viable to wear as well. But when I was in scale I could 1 vs 2 people easily outside my deed still, they just weren't trapped into 3 tiles of death.

Would i still wear scale/drake. yes. 

Edited by Mclavin

Really good suggestions and i can give +1 to those.

PvP in plate armor ain't really worth the effort vs drake or scale and as smaller kingdom there ain't even point to invest that kind of money to drake or scale since constantly outnumbered, unless you have strong pvp group who can win against numbers.

• Like 1

Well as it was on Epic when this change was made those that had it used scale cause it was still the best armour, it was just more balanced and you didn't drop like a sack of...onions if you went off deed to fight 

Scale and drake is still really good and yea maybe the price would drop a bit? But they would still be just as rare just not a requirement as they are today to pvp. You can use chain for example on epic and still fight vs ppl in drake/scale without being smacked down and not be able to back off.

Edited by Meep