Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Looting off deed

Ever find a nice rare bulk storage bin or a supreme larder but you were unable to pick it up due to it being planted? I think the answer most of the time would be yes, you would. What if you could?

My suggestion is simple, when a deed disbands from lack of upkeep, all items planted by the mayor are simply un-planted. Items planted from citizens; as long as their active at the time the deed disbanded within 30 days remain planted. 

Off deed items placed there by active players will still be planted, so your signage or lamps are protected. However planted items / locked items from inactive players over 200 days off deed are un-planted, this will help reduce clutter. Recycling is good for the Wurm planet.               

Edited by Niki
  • Like 2

Items on (ex-)deed of active players should stay planted as well. Don't punish them for a mayor left unexpectedly.

I would like to see a controlled way to salvage abandoned things like ships/vehicles too - but only if belongs to a player who did not log in for a long time.

4 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Items on (ex-)deed of active players should stay planted as well. Don't punish them for a mayor left unexpectedly.

Sure I can allow that, I'll update my post good point.

I've already stated my disagreements in the Discord server. Plus, as Ostentatio stated, there's already a system in place that bases the time it takes to unplant based on QL.
If anything, maybe make a system where things that were once on a deed, decay faster than things off of a deed. You could possibly tap in to the way archaeology works at higher levels, to determine if there was a deed and its name.

• Like 1

I'd be happier if they just made it like lamps, less then 20ql average (ql +dmg) and it becomes unplanted.  

14 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

I'd be happier if they just made it like lamps, less then 20ql average (ql +dmg) and it becomes unplanted.  

I'd also add to that, any item off deed that hits similar damage that is planted or locked would become un-planted or the lock would 'rust' and become easily removable.

This would go a long way to helping those who are trying to clean-up the map, not just from planted BSB's or racks etc, but from abandoned wagons, boats, transporters etc too. I have a clearly abandoned wagon sat next to my deed with 50+ damage on it, hasn't moved at all this entire year, same for some big boats at my neighbours place, who regardless of saying "Please let it decay, don't repair it" have noticed some bright-spark recently has come across and repaired it.

We would love to move eyesores like that to our off-deed landfill site.

A rare bsb or a supreme larder?

Ok, let's pretend it is to clean up and not to loot.

• Like 1

Can't you bash most items to under 10 QL and then pick them up?

9 minutes ago, madnezz said:

I don't think you can bash bsb or fsb, banners and lamps you can although really slow on banners not really worth the time for common banners...

There's already a mechanic in place for this making things unplant after the ql reaches a certain point due to damage. This sounds more like trying to turn a quick profit on rares due to deed lapse + impatience than actually cleaning up clutter.

+1 on locks decaying as a part of the system. Make things not able to be locked below quality 10 in the same way lamps and such are not able to be planted unless a minimal quality, with the unlocking mechanism following decay protocols in place.

1 hour ago, Seriphina said:

There's already a mechanic in place for this making things unplant after the ql reaches a certain point due to damage. This sounds more like trying to turn a quick profit on rares due to deed lapse + impatience than actually cleaning up clutter.

+1 on locks decaying as a part of the system. Make things not able to be locked below quality 10 in the same way lamps and such are not able to be planted unless a minimal quality, with the unlocking mechanism following decay protocols in place.

Think what you want, I'm extremely ocd I'd like to clean up from locations around my deed that have fallen. I can't do much with all these new wooden things that decay super slow. It's a sandbox game, I don't see why people should get full permissions living off deed like a hermit. We pay for these rights with deeds, don't we?

Also to be frank I kind of don't appreciate you assuming I'm up to no good. Ever been to my deed Seriphina? It's not like I need the stray rare bsb I found tbh. I have like 30. ?

4 hours ago, madnezz said:

A lot of items cannot be (I think you can only bash 2 items.) If we could, to be honest I wouldn't of made this suggestion.

I used to fence in boats that I did not want anyone to repair to stop the random person paddling by that wanted the free repair skill.  After living through the last salvage operation, I do not wish to live through it again.  Too much shenanigans.  Everyone says but but but.  If you want a rare or better boat, please have fun making one.   While everything I do is on deed, I can't help but think about some of the folks I have come across that do live off deed.  I would hate for them to have even more chores of trying to keep a place up simply because.  Just my 2 cents.

-1 for so many reasons mentioned and not mentioned.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Niki said:

Ever find a nice rare bulk storage bin or a supreme larder but you were unable to pick it up due to it being planted? I think the answer most of the time would be yes, you would. What if you could?

My suggestion is simple, when a deed disbands from lack of upkeep, all items planted by the mayor are simply un-planted. Items planted from citizens; as long as their active at the time the deed disbanded within 30 days remain planted. 

Off deed items placed there by active players will still be planted, so your signage or lamps are protected. However planted items / locked items from inactive players over 200 days off deed are un-planted, this will help reduce clutter. Recycling is good for the Wurm planet.               

1 hour ago, Niki said:

Think what you want, I'm extremely ocd I'd like to clean up from locations around my deed that have fallen. I can't do much with all these new wooden things that decay super slow. It's a sandbox game, I don't see why people should get full permissions living off deed like a hermit. We pay for these rights with deeds, don't we?

Also to be frank I kind of don't appreciate you assuming I'm up to no good. Ever been to my deed Seriphina? It's not like I need the stray rare bsb I found tbh. I have like 30. ?

I think you'll find the area I've highlighted in red is precisely why it seems your intention is the rares.  Your OP makes no mention of other items or actually cleaning up abandoned deeds, it indicates your intention of recycling goods, which you indicated would be rares. You absolutely can clean up these areas if you are as OCD as you claim; you can bash them. As far as full permissions living off deeds, they had a deed, didn't they?  And if they do choose to live off deed, they need to contend with another set of issues including bashed fences, unbranded animals, and item decay.  Furthermore, just because someone has 30 of something does not mean they don't want more. 

There's a decay system. Like the rest of the game, it takes time and patience.  It works, I see no reason to change it.

• Like 1

Yeah, I also know people living off deed, or people that took an extended break and meanwhile their deed fell by accident.

-1 from me on this.

• Like 3

there are many ways to unplant stuff, no need for more systems

• Like 2

imagine accidently letting your deed upkeep lapse because you have a life outside the game and by the time you've logged in next niki has already cleaned out your deed lol

• Like 2

>playing on freedom in 2018

>complaining that offdeed things should not be looted

>what do you mean?? its offdeed my mans

• Like 1

the problem i run into more often is locked bins, i just wish locks decayed independently of the things they lock. Then we would have a reason to train locksmithing on Freedom, and a chance at maybe getting abandoned stuff before the bins/vehicles decay completely.

Drop a deed over the "supreme larder", then you can 'take' it. 

+1ish

I do wish we could loot abandoned storage and vehicles.

10 hours ago, Cecci said:

Yeah, I also know people living off deed, or people that took an extended break and meanwhile their deed fell by accident.

-1 from me on this.

It seems reasonable to me that if you aren't paying attention to your deed, then you don't really care if it falls. 

10 hours ago, Cecci said:

-1 from me on this.

5 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

imagine accidently letting your deed upkeep lapse because you have a life outside the game and by the time you've logged in next niki has already cleaned out your deed lol

I don't understand why you should expect to see everything you left at your deed having come back to the game let's say a year later. Having a life has nothing to do with it those people quit and in some rare cases, they had hardware issues. It's funny even that most people don't realize you can login to your account if it's non prem, you can login in 5mins and drop some coin and logout..  If my computer blew up and I wasn't financially responsible with my upkeep, that's life.

I don't understand why this is an issue for you.  Items will decay off deed.  

29 minutes ago, Niki said:

I don't understand why you should expect to see everything you left at your deed having come back to the game let's say a year later.

After a year the items would have decayed enough to be picked up/destroyed. The rest of your rambling has nothing to do with everything you planting being instantly lootable if your deed falls, and not everyone plays weekly/daily to see the warnings. 

4 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

After a year the items would have decayed enough to be picked up/destroyed. The rest of your rambling has nothing to do with everything you planting being instantly lootable if your deed falls, and not everyone plays weekly/daily to see the warnings. 

Not exactly true, these darn fsbs/bsbs and the new storage units in the forest want to have a word with you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niki said:

Not exactly true, these darn fsbs/bsbs and the new storage units in the forest want to have a word with you.

drop a deed and pack it up then

stop your whining over this, and I doubt your reasons are just for making things look nice, if you want the containers deed it