Sign in to follow this  
Allurapre

Enchanting prices

I am curious what priest's normal charge for their enchants. For example I am on a server where someone charges 1s and the 1.5 for each try to increase it. I think this is an extremely high amount to charge. What do you all think?

I suppose it depends on the item and the enchant. 1.5s per attempt does seem remarkably steep though. 

Prices in wurm are highly subjective, and based in my research, the community is happy with that. Wurm is a lot about relationship and reputations, not baselines and standards.

For example, I have a source where I send my Rare Glimmer Spear and a bag of glimmer and I don’t ask how much he will charge to imp it, I just pay the CoD when it arrives. This isn’t because I am WurmRich or undescerning, it’s because I like him and trust him and value his services. This source doesn’t advertise his services because (I think) he doesn’t want to bother arguing with people who don’t value his time.

I am the same way with my Pottery. As Wurms 5th best Potter, I won’t waste my time matching and competing in the market for bottom dollar imps. If you want me to imp to 90, it’s 90c. If you don’t want to pay that much then I will be happy to refer you to one of my competitors who will do it for less.

Then there are people with 99 in something who don’t charge at all and do free work for friends.

The same goes for priests. My mate has 99 Chan and has not once advertised it or charged me for a cast. Others have a flat fee: $X and you get at least 70 power, no extra for anything higher, is a good example.

The bottom line is that there is no bottom line. The community is small enough that you find someone you want to buy from and you generally stick with them, and you pay what you want to pay.

• Like 2

Is that WU?

in WO you’ll find premadev90ql tools with 90+ enchants on them for that price, or less

22 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

Prices in wurm are highly subjective, and based in my research, the community is happy with that.

This made me lol. =D

Per attempt seems rather high.  But it does not seem strange to me, if they are charging you for raising it successfully depending on the cast.  Raising an enchant is the same as making a cast initially.  Sometimes more difficult depending on what is already on the item.  At least in my experience.  Regardless, if you agree to something like this then that is what you agreed to.  If you do not like what someone charges, there is nothing that stops you from finding someone else to do the work.

really depends on what "try to increase" means.

it's not like improving. every "improve" is like doing it from scratch, or even actually worse.

if he asks 1s for a 90+ , whatever he gets...

...and after hitting let's say a 93, he asks 1.5s for improving it, which means hitting at least a 94, then the prices might be totally acceptable.

If he asks those for 70+, or worse, for a single cast, frowns included, then yeah, it's overpriced :D

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Beanbag said:

This made me lol. =D

Funny because of the typo of because you don’t believe I have done any research?

24 minutes ago, Davih said:

it's not like improving. every "improve" is like doing it from scratch, or even actually worse.

...and after hitting let's say a 93, he asks 1.5s for improving it, which means hitting at least a 94, then the prices might be totally acceptable.

If he asks those for 70+, or worse, for a single cast, frowns included, then yeah, it's overpriced :D

That’s a good point. I didn’t think of that and was only picturing some poor noob paying 1s per attempt on any item regardless of power xD

48 minutes ago, Davih said:

Alright I would totally agree with this.

However the item was a shovel and someone wanted WoA cast on it. He was told the shovel would be 1s for 80ql (which is reasonable), however if he wanted it enchanted with the WoA the first cast would be 1s and every cast made there after would be 1.5 silver whether they failed or not. I've never had anyone enchant something for me where I had to pay for their failures.

Edited by Allurapre

43 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

Funny because of the typo of because you don’t believe I have done any research?

Not because of the typo

If someone is trying to charge you 1 silver for a blank 80 ql shovel, you need to find a new blacksmith.

• Like 1

As everyone said, the seller has every right to ask what they like, but I find it incredible if you cannot find any better deal than that.  Before you buy, please at least take a look under MERCHANTS section in the forums:

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/64-merchant-ads/

* This guy charges 36c for a 83 cast BOTD shovel (libila version of CoC+WOA), it's about 20Q ofor the shovel itself because many people want "skiller' tools that are deliberately slow for better highend skill gain, so thats more about encanting cost.

* Here is a Shovel, iron 90QL (WoA71) ➜ 1.1 Silvers

* Here is a QL ~85 Shovel woa79 (55c) -- if you want a nicer one, they also have QL ~85 Shovel woa89 (95c)

Those were just the first three ads I looked at. I am sure in five minutes or less you can find a deal you love much better tan what you are being offered.  One thing you have to remember, this is not 2010 anymore, when almost everyone except a select few were noobies, people would literally get 6-7 silver for a 5-speed horse and master craftsmen could command any price they wanted.  It's called Supply & Demand.  There are a LOT of master craftsmen who would love to become your regular supplier.  Five minutes browsing through the merchant ads and you can get a magnificent shovel for less than the offer you had.  

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1