Sign in to follow this  
Enlightened_One

How to sell at Glasshollow

I have thousands of dirts that I will be selling over the next month, something like 20k to 30k, and easily more after that.  It was recommended that I deliver it to Glasshollow for easy pick-up by other players.

Question: Should I set up a personal merchant at the Glasshollow bulk goods market and stock him up with dirts so that a buyer could buy what they want from my merchant, instead of mailing a small item to the buyer for payment?  And how much dirt could a personal merchant hold in his inventory?  But then the buyer would still have to haul the dirt from the merchant's bench to their ship, right?  So I guess having a boat sitting at a pier would be easier for the buyer, right?  In this case I would give the buyer permission to open the hold and mail a woodchip for payment.

Which is better?  Personal merchant or ship by the pier?

Edit: It was just recommended to me to build some waterside pens with locked gates and bsb's inside.  Buyers buy the keys from my personal merchant and then help themselves to the dirts.  I like this idea better, much easier and I don't need to keep my ship in the area.  Just putting this up here so that others can read it too, as it might benefit them as well.

PS: Deeded land is required to build the pens and plant the bsb's.  So building a settlement in Glasshollow by the sea would be required, maybe using an alt character's stake.

Thanks, folks.

Edited by Enlightened_One

Moved to Community Assistance,

Personal Merchants will only hold 100 items, you could make pens with a bsb inside or locked bsb to hold lots of dirt and sell the keys on the personal merchant.

Edited by shakys

I would use the trade channel and post on the forums WTS. You can ship it COD to any player if you are connected to a "CatEye" highway and they are too. The fee is 1c per crate. A crate holds 300 dirt. I can't think of any way for you to conveniently sell dirt at glasshollow in mass quantities.

There is a bulk section at Glasshollow market - see

Try contacting @Sila  ?

I believe they help stock/run the GH Market. 

There is certainly a bulk goods market. Not sure if it's private or available to the public. Try contacting the owners of Glasshollow Market.