Sign in to follow this  
Hypatia

Useless Unicorns

2 passenger bonus is major though. It has proven to save plenty of people during pvp when they are near their deed.

Its more than enough to outrun someone on foot.

EDIT: even when people had horses its still fast enough to get away safely. aka extending the range people can safely hop from their deed.

Edited by shankiest

I'm going to keep my reply quick and simple.

I say +1 to the idea, of making unicorns special in some way, while at the same time making them harder to obtain and breed. 

Why? Because I want to believe in magic. This game has spells, so, why not magical unicorns? 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 6:57 PM, shankiest said:

2 passenger bonus is major though. It has proven to save plenty of people during pvp when they are near their deed.

Its more than enough to outrun someone on foot.

EDIT: even when people had horses its still fast enough to get away safely. aka extending the range people can safely hop from their deed.

That's great, but what about PvE?  Not everyone plays PvP.  For me, mostly solo PvE, 2 passenger is nothing but a neat trick.

On 7/9/2018 at 11:32 AM, Gladiator said:

Person who made this post has absolutely no clue what he's on about. A unicorn is 

1st of all : Faster than a hell horse. Not by much, but me, and my whole kingdom tested it and they are indeed faster than a hellhorse

2nd of all : They have more hit points than a hellhorse, they're tankier, not by much but they're tankier

3rd : They only require 26 body control and 25+ taming skill to use.

Do your research before doing posts like these my man cause you spouting BS

Why are you so mad? :P Ok I was having fun with alliteration, in the title, I'm sorry it offended so many people. It's all spit-balling and ideas and no threat to anyone.   Clearly they have uses...in some situations and play styles.  The things you listed are all very useful for a PvP mount, but I (and others) don't PvP.   I posted this because I have never found a good use for my unicorns that horses and hellies did already sufficiently fill, without the annoying need to be kept tamed.  I feel their speed should be knocked down and overall they be brought more on par with hellhorses, to make them more generally useful to everyone. :)  ....either that or make them more rare, magical and not hitchable.  Maybe unis could behave differently on PvE servers?   

I just feel if unis are going to be hitchable/ridable make that more practical.  That's it.  I'm not trying to offend anyone.  It's just an idea from my own PvE perspective playing the game.  If I'm in the minority, that's fine.  If nothing changes, I can live with it.  Just wanted to say something because I do like the idea of a uni drawn cart or wagon.  I like a little magic and wonder as I go about my daily tasks. ? :)  But in the end the devs will do what works best since they know the game mechanics best.   Can't hurt for them to have more perspectives. :)

P.S. Thanks devs, for giving bred unicorns names!  That makes them a more fun to breed, and so much easier to keep track of.  :D

I felt the need to interject something only pseudo related, but having Bicorns would be cool. I haven't seen them used other than in Shin Megami Tensei games, but they are the demonic counter part to unicorns. Hell horses are neat in their own right, but Bicorns are still elegant, but mostly black with large curved horns. ?

Champ hell horses and Champ unicorns are 2setters. 

The only downside with both are the "care for" you have to tame them to care for them.

Best breeders are fo players, why?

things don't attack them over 60 favor

Sadly hell horses are better to breed why?

#1 you can lead the babies

Unicorns on the other hand are a pain to breed

#1 once baby is born you can't lead it with out taming it.

we found a mod to lead uni foals.

Edited by Luka