Sign in to follow this  
Sunwolf

"The Journey" - A WU Role Playing Adventure!

Greetings fellow Wurmians! 

Having playing quite a bit of WU on Otherlands and taking a break, I decided to come back with a bang with an idea that sparked in my head. As I am a huge fan of home brew DnD. I have started a server called:

"The Journey"

Having said that I have started a server, the server is still in testing phases. I have chosen the Riverlands map for gameplay. Though in the future, I would love to have new campaigns on different clusters if this becomes a success.

Normal Mods (Crops won't die, Bag of Holding) etc will be on the server. With more added. Further mods will be discussed with the group that is playing.

Times for events will be held weekly for major events such as dungeons or whatever it may be. 

I will take place as the DM with my wifty ebony wand, but will also be playing as a player. And no special treatment will be given to my self nor any spoilers will be handed down.

A basic run through of how you will start: Everyone will be able to ride horses and man carts. The starting gear will be basic ql tools and such. Deeds will be free, but it must stay in RP. So mostly everyone will be placed in the same village with the same "purpose" in mind depending on your characters ambitions. Wurm gives us a lot of RP tools we can utilize to make a grand RP experience filled with events. Of course this is Wurm, there is no such thing as turn-based, so that will not exist. The event times will be on weekends either Saturday or Sunday and the time will be fair for both EU/American players. I AM open to having two groups, one for EU and one for American that "co-exist" in the same world. 

There will be minor events if server population is right during the week when major events will not be happening. 

How skilling will work? The multiplier will be set to a fair level to 5x or above depending on what the server community decides. 

BUT!!!!!!!

Each player will be able to choose 1 skill (excluding any fighting skill) up to level 60 and up. You will also be able to choose one of I like to call "sub" skills for your main profession. You are free to grind up other skills on your own time. This will bring people together and rely on each other in the community depending on how things are run. This may change in the future.

There will be no minimum or maximum players required for the story to take place. Though it would be keen to see at least 10 minimum.  

BACK STORY

The back story is quite simple. A religious group that practices polytheism is exiled to another land, to set their own rules, their own laws, and to find peace. But are there inhabitant of this new land they have struck? No map has ever recorded such island. Finding the mystery to the island and it's possible inhabitants. Learning the traditions and adapting, co-existing, or forcing their beliefs is all up to the players. Players will need to make their laws, choose their leaders whether it be a High Chief, or King with Dukes. All is up to the players. PvP might be a possibility due to revolutions. Politics will take a place. ALL RP WILL BE TYPED IN LOCAL in an appropriate RP manner. 

What does the server need currently? 

Someone who is more tech-savy than me when it comes to servers. Though I am sure I can do it without pressing the big red button that says don't push.

Early members who are able to help me construct villages and such. You get to use your ebony wand of course. A chance to let your creativity flow!

Wurmians who are interested in joining the epic Journey that awaits them!

If you are interested in being a founding member and helping to construct the land with creative people alike and are interested in being part of something new, please feel free to add me here:

Steam: Sunwolf75

Discord:https://discord.gg/T7FE6t

Email: cgb0502@gmail.com

If you are not able to contact me by those means, please feel free to send me a PM on the forums. 

Thanks and I hope you will join the adventure with us!

I am open to opinions of the community as well. Please feel free to leave your feedback :)

EDIT:THE USE OF DISCORD IS NO LONGER REQUIRED. A STEAM GROUP WILL BE IMPLEMENTED INSTEAD. THERE WILL STILL BE A DISCORD FOR THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED. 

Edited by Sunwolf
  • Like 1

I am a very big D&D person and so far from what I read on here I like the sound of the ideas of a good roleplaying server and focused around getting people to work together as a community. I would love to join the server

• Like 1

This is a pretty neat idea. I hope the requirement to use Discord does not turn too many would be participants away.

It would be nice to see monthly or quarterly special RP event servers on a regular basis, so i hope this one goes well!

The use of discord will only be for updates. There is a possibility to use steam groups as well.:) Thanks for the feedback!