Sign in to follow this  
Seriphina

Raise the item limit

Please allow us to place more than 15 items on a high empty bookshelf. 15 books isn't enough to come close to filling a shelf, yet wogic dictates that 16 is just far too many.

I was so excited about books and bookshelves, I hadn't imagined it would look this sparse.

DQRIO0k.jpg

While on the topic, please stop book decay on deeds with more than 30 days of upkeep, even if it means adding an action to the shelf like "dust" that can be performed weekly to repair all or stop decay.

Edited by Seriphina
  • Like 13

Haven't tried "filling" bookshelf yet, but the decay is really bothersome and has been addressed a few times before already, I was a bit underwhelmed that this wasn't part of the last patch. Why did I not try to fill a bookshelf, anyway? Because the books will rot away outside of my inventory, this cannot be anything but an oversight when the new items were made.

12 hours ago, Seriphina said:

15 books isn't enough to come close to filling a shelf, yet wogic dictates that 16 is just far too many.

No, it's just *one* too many but yes I agree that books should not decay when placed anywhere within deeds.

=Ayes=

+1 no decay of books on deed with 30+ days upkeep

-1 dust option

3 hours ago, Ayes said:

No, it's just *one* too many but yes I agree that books should not decay when placed anywhere within deeds.

=Ayes=

Okay, yes. It is exactly one more than the limit.  However, if they're set to function as a sort of container (like when dragged into inventory, the surface now "contains" the items on it) it should be reasonably able to hold more items. 15 small items on a 4 shelf/12 compartment display unit is sparse and sad.

That's a wonderful picture, but I have to agree it needs more books visually. Somehow.

+1 to some dust option too I guess... or just limit the no-decay to books on shelves.

• Like 1

Hard thing is that'd be a crapload of individual models. Maybe still allow placing on shelf for customization, but also add slots (like alchemy thing) where if you put 1+ book in, it will fill in the model on that particular shelf with stock books. That way you can fill out the shelves without taking too much of a performance hit.

• Like 1

+1 def need more decoration options pet tile. 

Also to appease the performance whining they should just make contents of house not load unless within x distance.

Looking at the screenshot this limitation seems a bit ridiculous. If individual models are a concern then maybe change normal bookshelves to have different fill models such as for bsb.

Since I added a +1 for more books then I certainly will add a +1 for a place to put them. ;)

Maybe have a "filled bookshelf" look from 5+ tiles away and only show placed books when very close, like in pick up range