Sign in to follow this  
Kelody

Take Portion

I was told to post this here. With a butcher knife active, the meal gives the option "take portion" but it does nothing. No error, no message of any kind. Checking other knives, Carving knife has the same option. Leather knife does not (why isn't this a blade?). I didn't have a sword to try, but sickle did not work either.

• Like 1

Dang only thing I can think of, if the food thing is liquid.. oh, or maybe if the food portion is not large enough to get a 2 kg portion from it. If neither of those, ya, glitch.

On 7/7/2018 at 11:43 PM, Kelody said:

I was told to post this here. With a butcher knife active, the meal gives the option "take portion" but it does nothing. No error, no message of any kind. Checking other knives, Carving knife has the same option. Leather knife does not (why isn't this a blade?). I didn't have a sword to try, but sickle did not work either.

Did you try a regular knife?

8 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Did you try a regular knife?

If other tools were not meant to be used, then they should not have the option listed, its a bug either because the butcher knife does not work or because it shouldn't have the option.

Have you updated the wiki with this information yet?

17 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

If other tools were not meant to be used, then they should not have the option listed

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with that. Just making sure they're aware of how to do it with a normal cooking knife.

If the "Take Portion" info isn't on the wiki yet, I'll make sure that it is at some point today.