Sign in to follow this  
Alendhor

[Fixed] Can't tame after caged creature transport.

On 06 July 2018 I caged an old dog on Xanadu and transported it to Independence. I released the dog on my deed on Independence, and then traveled back to Xanadu.

Today, 07 July 2018, when I tried to tame a deer I got the following message: "[13:23:56] You have a pet in a cage, remove it first, to tame this one."

I tried Pet > Clear orders with no result.

I tried the Un-Tame option under Manage > Animals (yes, the dog is listed on the Xanadu server) and got the message: "[13:25:25] This animal is caged, remove it first."

Looks like this may be a bug concerning transporting tamed animals across servers.

I checked my manage animals screen on Release, and I saw I still had a horse listed for which I cared for on Release, then went to Cele where it was killed. Thinking about it... this seems normal. The game needs to keep my 'care for' spots, so that I can't care for more than 6 on Release, and, it doesn't know on Release that it's dead.

I was able to remove cared for, and reclaim the spot on Release. I also removed brand. It wasn't tamed.

Yet, with taming it doesn't seem quite right, since it you can't un-tame it on the original server... It's unclear to me what the right behavior should be here.

i have just had the same issue with someone i bought a champion from. they had this very same error afterwards. we put in a support ticket in-game and it was fixed.

Thinking about it some more, I think you should be able to un-tame from the management window when the animal doesn't exist on the server, and if you enter the server with a second pet, surviving crossing, then an immediate check can remove the first pet with "you can't keep control over" the first too.

Adding the issue again.  Thanks for the report.