Sign in to follow this  
Enlightened_One

Dirt - So what's the dirt on dirt?

Hey, all.  New guy here... looking to sell you some dirt.  No, not dirt on Hillary Clinton.  But actual Wurm dirt.  I understand it could fetch as much as 60c or more for 1,000 dirts.  I can supply around 1k dirt in an hour, perhaps some 10k over a weekend, maybe more.  I use the "pile-chain" method to move it from dig site down to the waterfront for ships to load up.

My question is: should I establish a private merchant in Glasshollow bulk goods market and load him up with dirt to sell?  Or just have buyers come to my settlement and load up themselves for a price discount?  Or can I place crates or bulk storage bins in Glasshollow bulk goods market instead of a merchant?

Another thing was just suggested to me... I could store dirt in a bulk bin and sell the key to the buyer.  I'd be willing to do that too.

I have a settlement south of Whitefay right on the water near Nettleschyr, a little east of the eastern opening of the East Hammer Lake Cannal.  So it would be relatively easy for ships to reach me.

By the way, someone started a canal south of Oopanax Harbour which would connect to the eastern ocean.  I'll be working on continuing that cave tunnel, so if anyone wants to help out with that canal as a community project, the western opening has already been opened up.  I think it's about 10% in, and there's already a furnace in there.

Edited by Enlightened_One
  • Like 1

Years ago a little way south of Oopanax Harbor there was another tunnel being worked on, it was three tiles wide all the way through to the lake on the other side. About half had ceiling mined out to maximum height. Probably has a lot of collapsed tiles but might be easier to complete that one instead of starting another.

"Standard" price is 1s for 1k dirt. Sometimes a bit lower. However, personally I haven't seen as low as 60c, not advertised anyway. (I don't know if in private negotiation, particularly when the seller is in some hurry, it gets there.)

You say you're new to wurm. Have you dug yet 1k dirt?

And, more importantly, welcome around! :)

Hey, thanks.  Man do I ever love this game.  Love the look, but more interesting I find is the terraforming.  Love that whole corner raising and lowering aspect.  It reminds me a lot of the old Transport Tycoon game where you put your mouse on a corner and raise or lower it.  But it doesn't have borders between the tiles like Wurm does.  Very engenious.

Anyway, been on Wurm Online for about a month, have a 19x19 settlement, and am currently digging about 75% of it down to sea level, as only around 25% was at sea level to begin with.  I have already dug out an area around 10x10 tiles, about half of those were just one cube high (like 60 slope, which is my limit, actually 61), and the other half is from 2 cubes to 3 cubes high (as high as 183 dirts).  So I have a neat way of digging through standing on flat ground and using the level option (speed digging), and then easily moving from inventory to pile, and then from pile to pile all the way down to the water.  So I can supply 1k of dirt in an hour or so.

If anyone is interested, that 1s sure interests me.  Even 90c per 1,000 is ok if they are willing to come to my settlement and pick it up.  It's all negotiable.