Sign in to follow this  
Enlightened_One

Wemp / Cotton - Is there a demand for these?

Hey, all.  New guy here.  I'm working on my farm with a focus on wemp and cotton, which I could sell by themselves or as rope and cloth.  Is there a market for these in real USD?  I know wemp is hard to find foraging, so I figure there would be a demand for it.  As well as for cotton as bandages.  I'm trying to find the most in-demand crop to sell for real currency.

Chopped veggies kinda killed market for codrages and wemp can't be used anymore for Lib and Nahjo as sac since they raised potency power so I'm not seeing much need for it, I guess some will still buy favour in codrages for the price of equal favour in veggies, not sure what math behind that would be... As for cotton pmks might want cloth for making banners if they are lazy to do it themselves, or someone would occasionally buy strings as they are boring to make for imping, cotton seed could be used for grinding beverages I guess too... But if you gonna do farming I think more demand would be for veggies expecially for garlic(doesn't have to be chopped, Nahjo can still sac it whole), and chopped veggies (probably corn since it's light), veggies have constant demand either for saccing or grinding hfc.

Edited by kochinac

Yes and no.

wemp can be used for rope making, which use to be used before veggies could be chopped up for priest. Now adays chopping up is a lot easier.

so it’s uses are solely for draining a trader, boat making, sacrificing to raise deed bonus, and using the actual ropes. None of which uses a lot at all.  So basically it’s used solely to level rope making, which isn’t use much anymore.

cottons main use would be cloth tailoring. Almost nobody uses the skill, other than to simply have another 90.  It also use to be used for yoyo’s to sac for priest, again veggies replaced it. It’s not used in mass quantity’s anymore.

the best crops are normally onion/garlic. The least weight for a priest to sac. Super easy to carry for them due to low weight and a lot fit into a single fsb.

however, I will give this warning.  The market for crops is almost non-existent nowadays. We all have high farmers and huge farms. (I myself have 9-10k tile farming area with my deeds). Getting massive amount of crops that will last my priest for months, and also being oversupplied in a single harvest.  Most other high end priest have the same deal going on.

farmers are in a pretty bad spot due to everyone sitting on 250-500k+ crops and not really being able to sell any.  People sell 1-2k here and there but not worth the time as a main selling point imo.

my advice would be to find a better way to do what your lookin for, or to look around to see if you can find a demand from someone for the crops and become their supplier (and quickely before 50 other people jump on that) 

Good luck.

• Like 2

Thanks, guys, for your feedback.  Yeah, I guess farming really isn't that efficient after all. I'll just stick with making silver in-game and selling it.