Sign in to follow this  
Enlightened_One

Silver - What is the going price?

Hey, all.  New here.  What is the going price in USD for silver coins?  I'm looking to sell around 30 silver per month.  Using PayPal.  I'm playing on Xanadu.

Edited by Enlightened_One
  • Like 1

It's almost always 1 to 1 (1 fake money for 1 real money), but people tend to want to buy in USD and sell in Euro.

Usually it's 1 silver for 1 euro. Sometimes people sell larger amounts for 1s =1 usd.

Currency is up to you. If you wanna sell for usd I can take this 30s monthly :D

I'll definitely PM you, Alkhadias, when I've finished establishing my settlement and get my gears going producing surplus silver.  1 USD per 1 silver sounds good to me.

I've started an expansive farm growing wemp and cotton.  I know wemp is hard to find foraging, so I figure there would be a market for it.  And I could also turn it into rope, and also turn cotton into cloth.  If you need those, let me know.  And it will take me about a month to have enough in surplus.  I'll post a separate thread on wemp and cotton to get more specific responses so I can get a better feel for their marketability.

3 hours ago, Enlightened_One said:

Hey, all.  New here.  What is the going price in USD for silver coins?  I'm looking to sell around 30 silver per month.  Using PayPal.  I'm playing on Xanadu.

If you’re selling you won’t need much patience to sell at 1s = 1 euro. It’s the normal rate. If you’re patient buying (and sometimes you’ll definitely need patience) you can buy at 1s = 1 USD

i wouldn’t jump into farming Wemp and cotton as the market isn’t in high demand these days after some changes how favor for priests is done. 

Youd I’d be better off farming things useful to you and grinding the skill to high enough to sell 90+ QL crops, or chop them yourself and sell chopped veggies. 

But, if you sell the drops cheap enough even if they’re lower QL I’m sure there are people out there ready to buy, even if to use to replant their fields and keep their higher QL stuff. So you do you, just wanted to toss you some advice. 

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback.  Yes, it was recommended to me by another player to try selling 1s for 1euro first, and in usd only in desperation.  So I'm going to try 1s per 1euro and see how that goes.  I will put up another post when I have a few dozen silvers to sell.  Thanks, everyone.

Today's exchange rate is 1eu=1.18 usd. Keep that in mind.  It has been pretty consistent at 1.17/1.18. 

I sell large amounts at 1s-1usd sometimes, but my normal rate is $1.10usd/1s

Neat.  I'm glad there is a standard consensus among players on what something is worth.  Makes it so much easier to determine what a fair price is.  There's a lot of honour among Wurmians.  I guess it's the nature of the game itself that draws this type of people to the game, where community cooperation is so much a part of the game.  Nice.

Edited by Enlightened_One
  • Like 1