Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

Can not remove incomplete fences

We have an incomplete fence over here at Cornersville deed on Independence. We bashed it:

[08:28:44] You start to destroy the high roundpole fence.

[08:29:13] The last parts of the high roundpole fence falls down with a crash.

But now, the incomplete roundpole fence is still there. When we cursor over it, it is named... 'Incomplete high roundpole fence'.

When we examine it, we get the following 2 messages in our event tab:

[08:29:50] Unknown fence type.
[08:29:50] QL=1.0, dam=0.0

When we try to open that border tile, in order to start to install a new fence section, we get msg:

[08:44:47] There is a fence or wall there. Action not allowed.

So, we got that on deed right now.

We had another incomplete fence section giving us sort of similar issues, in that, we could not get rid of it. It was an incomplete woven section. But for that one, when we tried to bash it, we got:

[13:03:24] Removing that would cause a collapsing section.

Our work around was to complete that fence section, then bash the completed fence.

Posting this here cause it's a glitch, and we do plan to leave our incompleted roundpole fence in place a few days, in case someone wants to come witness the unbashable fence.

Thanks your time,

TeeeBOMB

More words> The 2 unbashable incomplete fences were not next to any building. Both are under bridges (tiles across the bridge span). Both fence portions are on flat borders. One fence has 2 flat tiles by it's sides. The other has a flat tile on one side, and a sloped tile on the other side of it (maybe 70+ slope).

I checked underground to see if I could detect anything associated down there may glitch mess w/ these 2 fence sections. Here is what is under ground at the 2 unbashable fence locations (marked w/ thin red line boxes):

qH2Xgcu.jpg

In that image is what is under the two unbashable fence borders. that 1x2 u see there is an underground building. It has 3 doors (green  borders) and 3 walls (black colored borders). So u can see the unbreakable fence tiles, one is along an underground south (on that building, in the image) wall next to a reinforced rock tile. The other ones goes straight thru the building's center. No underground wall or door. I am not seeing any definitive thing common underground that can cause this issue

Maybe is just the fact of having incomplete fences, across the bridge above (bridge travel is north/south, incompleted fences under it cross east/west). That is my guess based on facts gathered by Xagru and myself so far.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words
  • Like 1

Thanks for the report, Teee. I've seen these weirdnesses, and I think a GM may need to come over to investigate and make it bashable or make it disappear, because it is possible there 's no way for players afaik.

Is the fence under a bridge between buildings, or in some configuration with bridges and buildings above/around it? It would be useful to know, that's when it seems to happen.

Edited by Anarres
  • Like 1

Ok thanks your post Anarres. I'll update my 1st post w/ answers to your queries.

Fence is under bridge. 1 part of bridge is connected with building.

Edited by Xagru
  • Like 1

[18:26:02] The high roundpole fence is finished now.
[18:26:23] You start to destroy the high roundpole fence.
[18:26:52] You damage a high roundpole fence.
[18:27:21] The last parts of the high roundpole fence falls down with a crash.
[18:27:22] You start to destroy the high roundpole fence.

(...)

[18:40:34] Unknown fence type.

[18:40:34] QL=1.0, dam=0.0