Sign in to follow this  
Alectrys

[Change] Rod of transmutation page needs update

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Rod_of_transmutation

This statement is no longer true with today's update:  https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/163889-patch-notes-05jul18/

Rod of transmutation turns a normal cave tile into the vein of your choice. Although the vein will have the same prospect QL as the rock tile it replaces, you will be able to mine ore up to 99 QL from it, and will allow for about 10,000 mining operations. The rod is destroyed when used.

per patch notes:

• Bugfix: Veins created with a Rod of Transmutation will now return the correct quality information when prospecting and the ore resulting from using a granite wand will be the correct quality.

Updated to:

Rod of transmutation turns a normal cave tile into the vein of your choice. Using the wand will provide ore up to 99 QL, and will allow for about 10,000 mining operations. The rod is destroyed when used.

Edited by FranktheTank

I think the change worded that way will cause more confusion.

We're using Rod of Transmutation and Granite Wand information together.

Leave out the wand on this page.  A better wording might be:

Rod of transmutation turns a normal cave wall into a 99 quality vein of your choice with about 10,000 mining operations.  The rod id destroyed when used.

(The mention of the Granite wand in the bug fix is a different item)  Previously after using the rod, the newly created vein would still prospect at the old quality level.  Therefore, when using the granite wand, the ore mined was also the older quality instead of the 99 quality.  There aren't many granite wands around anymore, but that page could be updated if you so desire.  The incorrect behavior was never posted to that page, so it's not really necessary to post the bugfix there)

I feel as though some emphasis should be put on the fact it won't guaranteed 99ql ore.

I added:

Ore quality received is still based on mining level

When dealing with "magic" items I think it is best to be 100% clear especially when spending 50s

• Like 1