Sign in to follow this  
Beanbag

Suggestion: Docks

I'm not sure if this has been proposed before, and it's probably much more difficult than I imagine it to be. 

Docks in wurm typically consist of a jetty - a raised land bridge of sorts that serve as the dock structure. With bridges now in game, my thought was a structure similar to that with only one connection to land instead of two (think of a wooden bridge without railings that stops over the water). This way it could extend out into the water and serve as an actual dock. Now, the problem of having to jump off the ship and then walk or climb up the nearest tile presents an obstacle here, but perhaps there could be some right-click functionality that would allow players to transfer directly from the ship to the dock when moored close enough. That could be expanded to allow players to transfer loaded cargo directly to the dock as well, potentially eliminating some hassle of shipping. 

Also, it would let me build that little fishing dock I've always wanted on my pond. ?

Edited by Beanbag
  • Like 1

+1

3 hours ago, Beanbag said:

perhaps there could be some right-click functionality that would allow players to transfer directly from the ship to the dock when moored close enough

And the functionality for this is already in game. You can r-click on any tile within a certain radius and if you select 'disembark' you will teleport directly to that tile. Works from any vehicle or mount as far as I know.

• Like 2

+1 would be very neet to have in some sort of implementation, best would be to built flat wooden bridge that would require land from only one side at sea level height and could be limited tile count long, not sure how hard it would be to integrate in existing bridge system...

• Like 1

+1 from me as well. Maybe it is not a very easy task to implement, I remember a mod from Bdew to accomplish it in WU, I have no idea if it worked out or not.

with that amount of suggestions for some form of dock, why it isnt in already is a little bit confusing........... actually its not but it is a popular suggestion :)

+1 just because sailing is a big part of the game and kinda silly that we dont have docks to park our ships. We have to "crash" to land now everytime.

-1, nope

it's a sandbox game, just make one, already doable ingame 

Edited by Cornchips

2 hours ago, Cornchips said:

-1, nope

Thanks sweetheart

8 hours ago, Cornchips said:

-1, nope

Actually, it's not. Bridges are considered buildings and it's not possible to embark/disembark directly from a ship to a building.

+1 to docks

And add the ability to embark from a rooftop.

• Like 1

I've seen numerous replies in the threads above regarding consideration of this feature, and this: 

@Retrograde and @Sinduskappear to peruse this section: Any idea if any progress was actually made on this in the past couple of years or if it's not really a consideration anymore?