Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 05/JUL/18

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Niki said:

Have I sold any tomes? No.

46 minutes ago, Niki said:

Why is playing the market so disreputable in Wurm, what the heck.

 

So if I read what you've said so far correctly, what you're saying is; You don't manipulate or exploit the freedom market to make money, but you don't understand why when you do people look down on you for it.

 

So in other words, you've already contradicted yourself at least twice from what I care to read through. And now you've even admitted it.

If you don't like the way people treat you for using Wurm as a source of income (which it is not, and should not be), then don't do it. It's a game, not a job.

If you don't like the way the economy has progressed in recent years, then drop out of it as I did two years ago when prices were still decent, instead of #####ing and whining to try and get things changed in your favor.

You're not fooling anyone, and in fact the only one being made a fool at this point would be yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, whereami said:

 

So if I read what you've said so far correctly, what you're saying is; You don't manipulate or exploit the freedom market to make money, but you don't understand why when you do people look down on you for it.

 

So in other words, you've already contradicted yourself at least twice from what I care to read through. And now you've even admitted it.

If you don't like the way people treat you for using Wurm as a source of income (which it is not, and should not be), then don't do it. It's a game, not a job.

If you don't like the way the economy has progressed in recent years, then drop out of it as I did two years ago when prices were still decent, instead of #####ing and whining to try and get things changed in your favor.

You're not fooling anyone, and in fact the only one being made a fool at this point would be yourself.

The real question is why you do you care?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White die on wood soon, pls. Thanks!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On tome issue. It has not been clear yet how they want us to get tomes for our character. Is the end goal to only receive one tome from your personal goal and then receive the rest unique hunting?

While i agree the way tomes being spammed recently sucks. Those that didn't abuse it before the fix are screwed out of getting some without spending more money/time now.

I hope the company would want it possible get all end tier items with just one account/working with others.

People arguing to just hunt uniques that spawn once a month that every server competes for and then a low drop chance with usual 10 or more members attending each wanting a piece of the tome. The chance to get a tome yourself for free/earned is not likely.

Unless we are fine with wurm taking 4 years to collect a good amount of tomes for your account then sure leave as is.

 

As it is now it just looks like a wurm unlimited cash grab v2.

No fair way to earn more than 1 tome unless you spend more money to prem an alt to roll for tomes.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice update, wondering if the unicorn spawn was meant to increase quite as much as it has - have never seen a unicorn by my deed and today there are around 20 within a few tiles of me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Caroc said:

Nice update, wondering if the unicorn spawn was meant to increase quite as much as it has - have never seen a unicorn by my deed and today there are around 20 within a few tiles of me.

With all the people with kill 100 unicorn goals they'll be gone in a day, don't worry. I imagine they did a manual spawn of them so there's enough to kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shankiest said:

I hope the company would want it possible get all end tier items with just one account/working with others.

 

This has really never been indicated in anything I've ever seen in Wurm - as a player and as a developer.

 

Wurm has always been more of a "choose your own adventure" game, but in a multiplayer sandbox environment. The choices made are supposed to be a permanent thing, leaving you a unique character with your own experiences. That's why priesthood isn't designed for everyone to just become a priest. It's supposed to change the way you play the game. Meditation was designed to give you some unique insight into the path you followed. So in the same regard, no. The intention isn't for you to get every single "end tier" item. You can, through rigorous effort, but that's part of your story now. 

 

Ever wonder why you only get one hand mirror? Same reason.

 

It's unfortunate some folks found a way to abuse the system. I may push to try and identify those folks, but at the end of the day if they've already used or sold a tome it will be hard to do anything without impacting a larger number of players. The issue has been sorted, at least to a certain degree. And the original idea was to disallow all players created after the announcement of retiring the system from winning the game. So that's where it could have gone, and honestly I'd still support if this continues to be a complaint. Instead, we opted for a change that doesn't punish legitimate new players while also making it more annoying to farm.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Caroc said:

Nice update, wondering if the unicorn spawn was meant to increase quite as much as it has - have never seen a unicorn by my deed and today there are around 20 within a few tiles of me.

 

No, we're keeping an eye on it. Do expect tweaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 When you guys update things you should attach a "*Freedom only" to it so it doesn't get people excited for things that are not going to work.

 

#EpicRiftItems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rift bonuses have only been PvE since their introduction. It's possible to change as long as it doesn't skew balance greatly, but most bonuses shouldnt. We might look at a discussion on that with everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Rift bonuses have only been PvE since their introduction. It's possible to change as long as it doesn't skew balance greatly, but most bonuses shouldnt. We might look at a discussion on that with everyone

 

You might want to tweak rift resources a bit, as there are so many uses of runes but those resources are under heavy competition the instant a rift closes. Myself I don't have a problem gathering a bit of what I need, but the players with lesser harvesting skills be lucky to get a handful at best.

 

The greatest problems with runes is the low chance to create them and once created are more likely to fail when used than succeed for the average player.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MrGARY said:

You don't need other people, just alts.  Myself and Sme have killed plenty of uniques on Epic just the two of us.

 

Hmm. How much fight do your alts have? Do you all show up in carts, or do you have some other way to manage them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

 

Hmm. How much fight do your alts have? Do you all show up in carts, or do you have some other way to manage them?

 

1.00 - 70+, fs doesn't really matter its more just an axe swinging.  most can ride but makes no difference, recently sailed all alts to a forest giant and killed it on foot ezpz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Keenan said:

It's unfortunate some folks found a way to abuse the system. I may push to try and identify those folks, but at the end of the day if they've already used or sold a tome it will be hard to do anything without impacting a larger number of players. The issue has been sorted, at least to a certain degree. And the original idea was to disallow all players created after the announcement of retiring the system from winning the game. So that's where it could have gone, and honestly I'd still support if this continues to be a complaint. Instead, we opted for a change that doesn't punish legitimate new players while also making it more annoying to farm. 

 

I realize you were trying to make the broken system of goals at least somewhat doable before you replaced it entirely, and I appreciate that. But, you left priests in the cold. I'd love to be working on my priests' goals (four toons, all of whom have a year of premium paid for), but it didn't make sense before, and it doesn't make sense now.

 

I assume that wasn't deliberate, and was simply a consequence of a "good enough" solution, but if priests being unable to complete goals persists into the new system, I'd be very disappointed.

 

At any rate, because I couldn't work in any realistic way on my priests' goals, I made two new toons and won the game with them. If you want to punish me for that, that's your business, but I will then take my business elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

But, you left priests in the cold.

 

Enough of this already.

 

You have choices, depriest do the skills.

 

Jump to epic and do the goals.

 

Simple

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Keenan said:

 

Ever wonder why you only get one hand mirror? Same reason.

Which is a mistake and you know it, as a game developer you're out of touch with the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

 

Enough of this already.

 

You have choices, depriest do the skills.

 

Jump to epic and do the goals.

 

Simple

 

 

Enough of this already. I'm already on Epic, I'm not starting a new game on Freedom, and if I wanted my priests to not be priests I wouldn't have priested them in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Enough of this already. I'm already on Epic, I'm not starting a new game on Freedom, and if I wanted my priests to not be priests I wouldn't have priested them in the first place.

Priesting is a player choice, not a locked mechanic, choosing to grind chainsmithing vs gardening has impacts too, but you can always go back and grind other skills as well

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hop to freedom, do you priest goals, even easier than moving to epic, so shut it already.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

 

Enough of this already. I'm already on Epic, I'm not starting a new game on Freedom, and if I wanted my priests to not be priests I wouldn't have priested them in the first place.

Game needs less priest restrictions, maybe let players use karma to give them a duration for a day to unpriest get champ status at least on freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you want no priest restrictions? wu is ---->

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Priesting is a player choice, not a locked mechanic, choosing to grind chainsmithing vs gardening has impacts too, but you can always go back and grind other skills as well

 

If you're really saying priests shouldn't be able to complete their goals, then I'm exceedingly disappointed. I've spent a lot time and effort building my priests to provide capabilities I need, and the idea that I should somehow have to depriest and wreck that, is, as far as I am concerned, an abusive expectation.

 

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

Hop to freedom, do you priest goals, even easier than moving to epic, so shut it already.

 

Really? Go start all over again? Playing a game I hate? Screw that. As long as I'm in Wurm, Epic is my home. Again, I consider your point of view an abusive expectation.

 

As to shutting it, you're welcome to your perspective, but as long as I'm here, I won't be shutting it. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2018 at 12:06 PM, DevBlog said:

Change: The resource you obtain from digging is now dependent on the tile type on which you are standing. You no longer need to dig in the NW corner.

 

I made a 2x2 public clay pit, which seems to be going down a lot more since the update, and which will require more dirt. 

 

To maintain its shape, I have to protect the outside edges with curbs which periodically need to be replaced, not a major problem.

 

Now that we can stand in the middle of any one tile to dig - can I protect each of the 4 tiles with curbs on all four sides of each tile, or will that prevent digging? 

 

Basically, do we still need 1 corner free (not fenced) in order to dig a clay tile?

 

It would be great if we could protect all 4 corners of public clay tiles with curbs or lavender - just wondering if - with this latest update - that this is now finally possible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Muse said:

 

I made a 2x2 public clay pit, which seems to be going down a lot more since the update, and which will require more dirt. 

 

To maintain its shape, I have to protect the outside edges with curbs which periodically need to be replaced, not a major problem.

 

Now that we can stand in the middle of any one tile to dig - can I protect each of the 4 tiles with curbs on all four sides of each tile, or will that prevent digging? 

 

Basically, do we still need 1 corner free (not fenced) in order to dig a clay tile?

 

It would be great if we could protect all 4 corners of public clay tiles with curbs or lavender - just wondering if - with this latest update - that this is now finally possible.

 

 

 

curbs and fences and  buildings will prevent digging, don't think this will change anytime soon, no matter how close to the middle you stand, I think its still going to choose the closest corner to dig down, if not they may have broke the system

 

as for a public pit you are always going to be dealing with holes as most players can not be bothered bringing dirt to replace what they knock down

Edited by JakeRivers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Muse said:

I made a 2x2 public clay pit, which seems to be going down a lot more since the update, and which will require more dirt. 

 

To maintain its shape, I have to protect the outside edges with curbs which periodically need to be replaced, not a major problem.

 

Now that we can stand in the middle of any one tile to dig - can I protect each of the 4 tiles with curbs on all four sides of each tile, or will that prevent digging? 

 

Basically, do we still need 1 corner free (not fenced) in order to dig a clay tile?

 

It would be great if we could protect all 4 corners of public clay tiles with curbs or lavender - just wondering if - with this latest update - that this is now finally possible.

 

You'll still need to have a corner available to dig. The mechanic hasn't changed for which corner is dug - it will still select the closest one. However, the difference is that it will now prioritize giving you the resource you're standing on instead of whatever is SE of that corner. In short, your setup will likely have to remain the same as it was before.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this