Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 05/JUL/18

14 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

This change will be annoying, quite often on construction projects I incorporate many ladders, materials sit below in the wagon and you just draw from that for building or simply transfer everything to a top floor bsb (rather than using a rope to haul something up 12 floors one floor at a time) , not the end of the world, but when you are using wooden openings as scaffolding, it was nice to take advantage of that feature.

Yes - please consider adding scaffolding, several threads out requesting it - also scaffoldings could hold build mats as a container which could be accessible from higher levels.

Intermediate "fix": please allow to haul several levels in a single action.

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

New: You can now use a knife cut a 2kg portion of larger weight prepared foods.

OMG!! Great changes, but this one... ❤️❤️❤️

Did i mention ❤️ this one??

Did a big forestry push, traveled all over for three full RL days. Went through multiple affinity meals because, despite being wrapped, they'd rot before I could finish enough to put them into a picnic basket. Now I will finally learn to make pizzas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

New: Added a storage unit, the empty shelf. 

Confused as to what this means? Is this a stand alone crafted item? What skill?  Found it now that the servers are back up :)

Also, I see that coffers and cupboards are now containers AND surfaces! Thank you Dev Team!  Any insight if the small bedside tables will return to their glory days of container status as well?

Edited by Seriphina
Clarification

47 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

This change will be annoying, quite often on construction projects I incorporate many ladders, materials sit below in the wagon and you just draw from that for building or simply transfer everything to a top floor bsb (rather than using a rope to haul something up 12 floors one floor at a time) , not the end of the world, but when you are using wooden openings as scaffolding, it was nice to take advantage of that feature.

33 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Yes - please consider adding scaffolding, several threads out requesting it - also scaffoldings could hold build mats as a container which could be accessible from higher levels.

Intermediate "fix": please allow to haul several levels in a single action.

I recognized this while I was implementing the code. Haul up and haul down, as well as one other action (I can't remember which) have an exception, and ignores the restriction entirely. You can haul items up and down as many floors as you can see.

• Like 7

So, I have 105,481 improve achievements, but only 79,605 actions performed. How is that possible? Unless affected by rarity, all imp actions on Epic are 4 seconds or more (and rarity doesn't speed them up much).

What imp actions -don't- count?

2 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

So, I have 105,481 improve achievements, but only 79,605 actions performed. How is that possible? Unless affected by rarity, all imp actions on Epic are 4 seconds or more (and rarity doesn't speed them up much).

What imp actions -don't- count?

queued actions don't count from what i've tested

My only thoughts at the moment are WOW! This is some lovely work guys, keep it coming! Thank you for the shelf, a nice substitute for now for the kitchen items containers/display I wanted/suggested. Double thank you for the increased spawns of unicorns! So many nice things in this update and so many bugfixes, I'm really impressed!

25 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Ouch. :(

31 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

They do. The criteria for determining if an action is valid is if they're at or above 3.0 seconds long or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sindusk said:

I recognized this while I was implementing the code. Haul up and haul down, as well as one other action (I can't remember which) have an exception, and ignores the restriction entirely. You can haul items up and down as many floors as you can see.

Okay that sounds like a good solution, now here is something to consider, the old mechanics let you access containers on the ground floor from any opening, regardless if floors below that opening were removed already, will this still work? Sometimes as I progress in putting a building up, I will remove the scaffolding as I finish each floor and leaving a opening on the very top floor just for handy access now this would not work with hauling up something by rope, but you could still move items from container to container.

6 minutes ago, Jberg said:

They do. The criteria for determining if an action is valid is if they're at or above 3.0 seconds long or not.

If so, how do I have 25K+ improve actions that aren't valid? The fastest imp timer for a -supreme- tool is 3.8 seconds.

6 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

If so, how do I have 25K+ improve actions that aren't valid? The fastest imp timer for a -supreme- tool is 3.8 seconds.

It was bugfixed a few months back to get the timers in line, before that you could easily see sub-3-second improve, dig, etc actions with the right tools.

8 minutes ago, Jberg said:

It was bugfixed a few months back to get the timers in line, before that you could easily see sub-3-second improve, dig, etc actions with the right tools.

Well, that would explain it, but I sure don't remember that! :P Getting old, maybe. :)

something isn't right with the actions performed counter

I've got an alt ive been using trying to make a supreme item on Chaos and ive made 13k~ nails with 30 blacksmithing and a few thousand war arrow heads with no weaponsmithing

only have 1300 actions performed

all of these actions were easily  over 4-5 seconds lol

11 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

something isn't right with the actions performed counter

I've got an alt ive been using trying to make a supreme item on Chaos and ive made 13k~ nails with 30 blacksmithing and a few thousand war arrow heads with no weaponsmithing

only have 1300 actions performed

all of these actions were easily  over 4-5 seconds lol

Digging on an alt with 4-5s timer - not working there either. 

Tried, 5 min timer, 46 actual actions all above 3 sec (first action full stam is 4,3s and full que) - counted 6. Whats going on? @Retrograde

You can access vehicle inventories from any seat if embarked on that vehicle.  The range of accessing containers inside vehicles when not embarked has been improved.

Just noticed that one: awesome! :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Niki said:

3 months seems long, and it seems like all accounts now have this brick goal. Really seems like you guys are taking advantage of players now asking for more money.

4 hours ago, Niki said:

It wouldn't if you could buy the 3 months in advance and have it count. I'd probably do it but it again goes back my statement asking for money.

I feel like 3 months starting today would be the end date or even sooner. So you make us prem a brand new account and then cease it next month without warning?

4 hours ago, Niki said:

No one is going to throw money at something without a clear end date. 1 month seems more appropriate.

Isn't this what you wanted when you tried to tell me that I was a problem?   You wanted tome farming and alt spamming to stop

On 5/1/2018 at 2:57 PM, Niki said:

What about those tomes you farm with your friend; and have been selling lately? Why are they worth 300+ euro when all you do is sit on your rear watching netflix spamming alt goals and drinking sunkist? You've probably made more wurm bucks than any of us in the past year. I don't think it's reasonable for tome farming to continue either.

On 5/1/2018 at 3:23 PM, Niki said:

All you need them for is to finish off personal goals on your alts which you spam to get a new tome for winning the game. I get what you're doing, you have all the cards so you're milking it slowly. I'm calling you out because you're a big issue why this game is failing in general because you're not helping things by doing that.

On 5/1/2018 at 5:59 PM, Niki said:

I would just like to see a less gated game mechanic that wouldn't encourage people to spam alts to win the game. I just don't find this current system good for the game either personally as well as economically speaking of course. 

• Like 5

Just a side-note with the new items that can have items placed on them. Items will retain there parents mechanics. Wood items placed on a forge may be burnt, and items on an alter may be sacrificed so use caution when placing items on them.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ausimus said:

Just a side-note with the new items that can have items placed on them. Items will retain there parents mechanics. Wood items placed on a forge may be burnt, and items on an alter may be sacrificed so use caution when placing items on them.

Should probably include that information in the main post. Could be easily overlooked and some people may be really salty about losing some things.

• Like 2

I LOVE the unicorn and lava fiend spawn changes! Idk why I just love running in to lava fiends, always seems like a treat to me, and the electrum is exciting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DevBlog said:

The range of accessing containers inside vehicles when not embarked has been improved.

My rowboat and cog seem to have had a little increase in range but my Knarr can be opened up from 3 tiles away now, is this intended?

3 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

withouth que they dont count either. The performed actions is broken.  Did 10 diggins 4,3s each no que and got 0 actions performed

The range at which you can pick up items was seriously affected for high slopes. I can go close to a 100 sloped tile and drop something that turns into a pile in the middle of that tile but I can't pick it up after... I have to climb a quarter of the tile to get to it. I think you should be able to pick up anything from the surounding  tiles no matter the slope especially if you just dropped it. 

Edited by faty
  • Like 3

I really like these changes, it makes wurm a, better experience. I do hope one day we will have the option to bash/burn carts, wagons, and other large transportation devices. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this