Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 05/JUL/18

Thanks Sindusk for the prompt response. :) 

6 hours ago, Niki said:

Which is a mistake and you know it, as a game developer you're out of touch with the players.

You can purchase Wurm Unlimited if you'd like a more personalized experience, Niki. It was recently on sale.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roccandil said:

If you're really saying priests shouldn't be able to complete their goals, then I'm exceedingly disappointed. I've spent a lot time and effort building my priests to provide capabilities I need, and the idea that I should somehow have to depriest and wreck that, is, as far as I am concerned, an abusive expectation.

While i get your frustration, rolling priest specific goals severely limits them, and means there's little to know actual skill involved, rather than requiring effort, it would be the bare minimum of time related goals "plant 5000 trees" "make 5000 litres of wine" "throw 10,000 items in the trash bin". It eliminates a great majority of actual skill required goals and would streamline the goals, with the end result being "just become a priest and you reroll any skillbased goal" 

This system with randomly generated goals is difficult to balance, we agree, but we're focusing on improving that and giving a much more rounded experience of whats possible in wurm, which does involve more than just priest actions, but we'll definitely keep that view in mind

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

While i get your frustration, rolling priest specific goals severely limits them, and means there's little to know actual skill involved, rather than requiring effort, it would be the bare minimum of time related goals "plant 5000 trees" "make 5000 litres of wine" "throw 10,000 items in the trash bin". It eliminates a great majority of actual skill required goals and would streamline the goals, with the end result being "just become a priest and you reroll any skillbased goal" 

This system with randomly generated goals is difficult to balance, we agree, but we're focusing on improving that and giving a much more rounded experience of whats possible in wurm, which does involve more than just priest actions, but we'll definitely keep that view in mind

Any reason we can't have priest-specific, skill-based goals? As rough examples, these come to mind:

- Cast X number of 100+ power enchantments

- Complete X number of successful Disintegrates

I'd also consider goal classes, that could be completed by doing one of several alternate achievements. An example:

- Mine a X QL gem

- Dig up a X QL gem

- Cut down X trees

Any priest could complete one of those achievements to thus complete a single goal.

To refine my suggestions, I see something like this:

Skill-based diamond goal:

Complete any one of the following:

- Imp an item to 99 QL

- Cast X number of 100+ power enchantments (of difficulty Y, or just put successful Disintegrates here)

Resource-gathering gold goal

- Mine an X QL gem (or just swap to a certain number of shards/ore)

- Dig up an X QL gem (or just swap to a certain number of dirt)

- Cut down X trees

Skill-based gold goal

- Imp an item to 90 QL

- Cast X number of 90+ power enchantments (of difficulty Y)

While your suggestion has merit, It's outside the scope of the current system, we won't be making major changes to this system from now on as we'll be replacing it in the near future. 

that said, something to think about

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Retrograde said:

While your suggestion has merit, It's outside the scope of the current system, we won't be making major changes to this system from now on as we'll be replacing it in the near future. 

that said, something to think about

Yes, I wasn't suggesting changes to the current system; I know what you all did was a "perfect is the enemy of good enough" kind of solution. :)

On 7/5/2018 at 1:06 PM, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Action on items will now consider height distance when determining if object is too far away.

• This will mean you can no longer access storage on higher floors and may require renovation of storage solutions

I'am currently operating with digging on very high slopes, and many times, you can almost sit in a dirt pile and still it is "too far".

Strange thing is that I cannot reach piles, but you can drop dirt by dragging from inventory to the pile from much greater range, I think up to 2 tiles.

Also range for some containers is broken, you can open them from greater range then you can pick up the items, both ranges should be the same.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 9:06 PM, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Possible fix for the unexplained extra wooden items or bricks being created randomly via the crafting window.

Woot, thanks.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:48 PM, Keenan said:

You can purchase Wurm Unlimited if you'd like a more personalized experience, Niki. It was recently on sale.

@Keenan While you may not agree with the playerbase you could in fact show them a bit more respect considering the position you are affiliated with. The opinions and attitude you provide in your comments could be seen as a reflection of the opinions and attitudes of your employer. Don't be apart of the problem. Be the solution. Adding comments like that is only throwing gasoline on a fire that's already out of control.

@ALLdevs

Questions:

1)Are there any current marketing strategies?

2)What are your current marketing strategies?

3)Are you willing to hire someone to market the game and come up with an overall long term strategy to bring more players to the game?

4)Are you going to hire someone to market the game?

5)What are your current thoughts on how the transfer is working for everyone having it one-way only?

All this game needs is a larger playerbase. A larger playerbase leads to more money and more money means you can hire more people to assist in development. More assistance in development leads to faster and more abundant content and bug fixes. This is what we need. Is people. The game needs people. I don't just mean any particular server. I mean all of them.

People!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this