Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 05/JUL/18

HOLY MAGRANON ALIVE

Bugfix: Fix for “You are too busy” bug when using multiple combat options.

The 9 year old shield-bashing bug that has existed since the very day we could shield-bash. So glad someone finally took the time. Thank heavens, it's been long overdue.

Also this;
Change: The resource you obtain from digging is now dependent on the tile type on which you are standing. You no longer need to dig in the NW corner.

You could have released those two fixes alone and it would still be the best update to the game in years. Congrats guys.

Edited by whereami
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, MrGARY said:

Isn't this what you wanted when you tried to tell me that I was a problem?   You wanted tome farming and alt spamming to stop

You're right. ? Problem is it became so widespread, that it wouldn't be wise not to farm. When you can't win, you might as well join the window of opportunity, this is sadly the "Wurm Way" it happens all the time. I had brick goals for the most part but didn't expect them to nerf it so much either. Since I PvP it was the correct action even if I was in the gray area. As DR stacking seems to be here to stay, which is bad game design but it is what it is.

Then you should be happy that a proper hurdle was put in place for you and other, Niki. Instead you're whining that the hurdle is too high.

Funny how the greed-mongers always have a reason to #####. It's always either "it's too easy and I want you to make it harder for people who aren't willing to drop tons of cash because I don't want my market to crash" or when they do, just like now, then it's "Oh you made it too hard because now there is actually effort and commitment involved wah"

Get a grip, and get your head out of your own damn pockets for once. This change was actually good for the game you're actively trying to ruin.

Edited by whereami
  • Like 6

Bugfix: Rift necklace spell effect icon will now refer to necklace instead of bracelet when worn.

False, mine still shows my soul stealer as giving braclet bonus.

Tome farming should only be for a single charge.  Three charges was a bad idea.  Three months was a good idea and I'd like it better if it was more like 12 months.  I don't like when games create reasons for making new accounts.  I don't like when games only allow one character per account.  This just artificially inflates numbers and increases overhead for the game company, to manage all the ghost accounts.

I very much appreciate the changes for accessing vehicle inventory, from any seat.  Well done!  On the flip side, I'm not pleased with the height distance for reaching things.  It is getting harder and harder to reach piles, kills and access containers.  When I have to click through my floorboards of the cart, because I'm on a down slope, just to reach an item, it is getting too silly.  I am frequently having to disembark to grab stuff or transfer items from cart to BSB, etc.  PLEASE quit shrinking our reach!!!!!!!!!!  Can we dive yet?  What if we drop something in the water and it is too far below to reach?  Guess we have to go get 10 crates of dirt and drop it, to get that item.  Do we want all that extra hassle?

Why was this added?  Trying to add more realism?  I get that, but what about the game is really real?  Spells?  Runes?  Dragons?  Looking through mine walls?  Carts that stay perfectly level on any slope?  Holding 100 items in my hands, that any normal cart would struggle to hold, while picking fruit from a tree? 

I appreciate that you are keeping a close eye on this change and hope you consider the pain in the _ _ _ this will be in the long run.  I really think we need to extend our reach in any direction, to the limits of the tile we are on, plus any adjacent tile, effectively giving potentially a 1.999999 tile reach at the extremes.  I understand how reaching up through multiple floors of a building is a bit silly, so just limit it to the floor you are on and the adjoining floor above and below.  Is there a way to do that from within buildings and not have it be purely based on hight inside or outside?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, whereami said:

This change was actually good for the game you're actively trying to ruin.

What have I done to ruin the game?

Also who are you really, I don't even know you. This isn't the first time you've tried to publicly accuse me of something either. Or do you enjoy baiting a response. 

I bet you don't even play the game to be honest.

2 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

Bugfix: Rift necklace spell effect icon will now refer to necklace instead of bracelet when worn.

False, mine still shows my soul stealer as giving braclet bonus.

One was fixed, the others will be fixed soon with a graphics update.

3 hours ago, Niki said:

What have I done to ruin the game?

Also who are you really, I don't even know you. This isn't the first time you've tried to publicly accuse me of something either. Or do you enjoy baiting a response. 

I bet you don't even play the game to be honest.

Well, I was certainly disappointed to see your reason to be against this as basically "I didn't have a chance to abuse this and cash in when I could". 

Kind of expected better.

• Like 8

@Niki I haven't really accused you of anything, moreso simply stated obvious observations made about your gameplay and playstyle, and the things you like to complain about on the forums. Keenan couldn't have put it better.

And you're absolutely right, I don't play this terrible game anymore as I sold out over 2 years ago. :) And I don't generally associate with toxic individuals, so there's the reason you wouldn't know me. But I do have eyes and ears.

Edited by whereami
Tags
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, faty said:

The range at which you can pick up items was seriously affected for high slopes. I can go close to a 100 sloped tile and drop something that turns into a pile in the middle of that tile but I can't pick it up after... I have to climb a quarter of the tile to get to it. I think you should be able to pick up anything from the surounding  tiles no matter the slope especially if you just dropped it. 

Agreed, we'll be adjusting this to only matter in a house, i.e. unable to pick things up and drop things on the third floor from the ground floor

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Well, I was certainly disappointed to see your reason to be against this as basically "I didn't have a chance to abuse this and cash in when I could". 

Kind of expected better.

I expect better from you to be honest, if you really assume I am one of the key abusers here go through server logs, correlate with my IP and check for the past month and see if I did. I think you'll see I really did not. I'm also not hear to make money selling tomes. Do you want me to start pointing fingers? Have I sold any tomes? No. 

Want to prove me wrong? Give a PSA when the new system is coming into play or simply be transparent and say making alts to farm goals is against the rules. Stop with the nonsense, and treating players like they're trash for winning the game.

24 minutes ago, whereami said:

@Niki I haven't really accused you of anything, moreso simply stated obvious observations made about your gameplay and playstyle, and the things you like to complain about on the forums. Keenan couldn't have put it better.

And you're absolutely right, I don't play this terrible game anymore as I sold out over 2 years ago. :)

Again I don't know you, but you don't make friends accusing random people. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Niki said:

I'm also not hear to make money selling tomes. Do you want me to start pointing fingers? Have I sold any tomes? No. 

[2018-07-03] [23:10:02] <Mozzarella> (Ind) WTS 2 white cherry charges

2 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

[2018-07-03] [23:10:02] <Mozzarella> (Ind) WTS 2 white cherry charges

That's not me

1 minute ago, Niki said:

That's not me

They're selling the same list of rares you are, and a supreme small anvil i purchased from you in the past has their signature, so it's definitely an account you have access to.

3 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

They're selling the same list of rares you are, and a supreme small anvil i purchased from you in the past has their signature, so it's definitely an account you have access to.

I help him sell stuff for a percentage occasionally, I literally haven't made a rare in years either, unlike yourself who single-handedly destroyed the market flooding it. Care to witch hunt some more?

14 minutes ago, Niki said:

I literally haven't made a rare in years either

Weren't you selling all the fancy rare silver weapons you made which are new additions and just because your mate sells your tomes doesn't mean you don't haha, I don't think anyone is being fooled here but at least some of us are honest and own the things we do. I especially enjoyed the making of similar alt names that was fun.

The 3 month change is pretty good and makes sense :)

Edited by SmeJack
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Niki said:

Have I sold any tomes? No. 

1 minute ago, Niki said:

I help him sell stuff for a percentage occasionally

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So you dont sell tomes and are personally attacked by a change to goals because they prevent you from getting tomes for yourself, but you sell tomes for someone in your deed? Explain to me how selling tomes for someone in your deed is different from selling your own tomes?

7 minutes ago, Niki said:

unlike yourself who single-handedly destroyed the market flooding it. Care to witch hunt some more?

I have no trouble selling my rares when i post, i was still selling 30-50s of rares or so a day back when i actually bothered to make them. Perhaps it's an issue with you, not the rare market. Rares shouldn't be more than 1s each anyway, they're so easy to make.

2 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So you dont sell tomes and are personally attacked by a change to goals because they prevent you from getting tomes for yourself, but you sell tomes for someone in your deed? Explain to me how selling tomes for someone in your deed is different from selling your own tomes?

I have no trouble selling my rares when i post, i was still selling 30-50s of rares or so a day back when i actually bothered to make them. Perhaps it's an issue with you, not the rare market. Rares shouldn't be more than 1s each anyway, they're so easy to make.

I don't sell tomes, if I did I'd have made a post selling them? My friend Will, might of sold a few but they were his.

I'm extremely lazy let me just say that, I help with a goal or two and maybe I get a charge for it.  It ends there.

Reason why I'm annoyed is because you are forced to spend euro for 3 months of game time or silver, 3 months later you'll get the achievement 'survived' or you wont. Why? They'll like have the new system implemented by then, so you just lost money trying to win. I don't understand why this is complicated. Where is the PSA saying don't tome farm, where is the information regarding this update's introduction?

Also let me just say you made rares worthless by flooding 50 rare picks left and right. However It's fine I really don't care about that. Do what you think is best. 

Economy is dead anyway.

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

Also let me just say you made rares worthless by flooding 50 rare picks left and right.

So me selling the 50 rare picks 1 by 1 = worth lots of money

me selling 50 picks to 1 guy so he can sell them 1 by 1 = they are now worthless? Does this one guy having 50 rare picks make every other rare in existence drop in value? Because from what i've seen pretty much all the rares have been dropping in value even before i started making rares. Thing is, everyone's got a rare everything nowadays, you can't really blame that on me no matter how much i "ruined your market" or whatever. 

5 minutes ago, Niki said:

They'll like have the new system implemented by then, so you just lost money trying to win.

You're treating the game like a bloody job lmao, Real money trade was a mistake. If you win you win if you lose there's gonna be a new system for winning that you can try and abuse your alts on. You've got plenty of alts from rare spamming i'm assuming so why don't you use them to do your goals? 

4 minutes ago, Niki said:

Economy is dead anyway.

Again, seems like a problem with you. I have no trouble selling my bulk rares etc for a fair price. Stop looking for a scapegoat and look at yourself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whereami said:

And you're absolutely right, I don't play this terrible game anymore as I sold out over 2 years ago. :) And I don't generally associate with toxic individuals, so there's the reason you wouldn't know me. But I do have eyes and ears.

Come back to Chaos, there's plenty of room! Accounts are dirt cheap now as well! :D 

Also nice updates. I like the 3 month requirement, but I would have argued for 6+. If you want to tome farm, sink some money into the game first.

Otherwise, find some uniques and do some good ole' fashioned tome hunting, and/or trade for charges with extra charges, or other items you have in-game. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

So me selling the 50 rare picks 1 by 1 = worth lots of money

me selling 50 picks to 1 guy so he can sell them 1 by 1 = they are now worthless? Does this one guy having 50 rare picks make every other rare in existence drop in value? Because from what i've seen pretty much all the rares have been dropping in value even before i started making rares. Thing is, everyone's got a rare everything nowadays, you can't really blame that on me no matter how much i "ruined your market" or whatever. 

You're treating the game like a bloody job lmao, Real money trade was a mistake. If you win you win if you lose there's gonna be a new system for winning that you can try and abuse your alts on. You've got plenty of alts from rare spamming i'm assuming so why don't you use them to do your goals? 

Again, seems like a problem with you. I have no trouble selling my bulk rares etc for a fair price. Stop looking for a scapegoat and look at yourself.

It's not a job, it's a hobby. I might of actually liked buying and selling in Wurm once upon a time. Recently not so much, need I say more?  I really wish people would get off their high horses and stop busy-boding other players affairs. Why is playing the market so disreputable in Wurm, what the heck.

Become a dev and change it then Oblivion, remove RMT. I wont stop you. Make a suggestion I'll +1 it.

28 minutes ago, Niki said:

Reason why I'm annoyed is because you are forced to spend euro for 3 months of game time or silver, 3 months later you'll get the achievement 'survived' or you wont. Why? They'll like have the new system implemented by then, so you just lost money trying to win. I don't understand why this is complicated. Where is the PSA saying don't tome farm, where is the information regarding this update's introduction?

I thought their intention was pretty clear about wanting to limit tome farming to people who play the game rather than just alts. The update makes sense to me in regards to that aspect. 

28 minutes ago, Niki said:

Also let me just say you made rares worthless by flooding 50 rare picks left and right. However It's fine I really don't care about that. Do what you think is best. 

I wouldn’t say those rares are worthless. I’ve sold most of those quite quickly or traded for bulks and other goods. There is demand for them.. just gotta make your price match the demand of the market. 

3 minutes ago, Xor said:

I thought their intention was pretty clear about wanting to limit tome farming to people who play the game rather than just alts.

I got that impression too, but it would really help to make goals doable by priests. Right now winning with a three-month alt is still far more practical/efficient for me than winning with my priests (which are long-term toons, instant Survivors, and I'd love to get them Winner, but no). :(

Depriesting or hopping to Freedom (where I have no infrastructure, everything is slower, and has a skill system I hate), simply means creating a new toon is easier. Let me get my priests Winner -as- priests on Epic, where I like to play, and I'd totally be focusing my goal-winning energy on my existing toons.

Incidentally, the unique-killing goals also stop me in my tracks. You're entirely dependent on the existence of other people to complete them; you can't just push through those goals yourself (like planting 5000 trees).

And being stopped in my tracks means I once again have goal-winning bandwidth to use on new toons...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Niki said:

I really wish people would get off their high horses and stop busy-boding other players affairs.

Isn't that exactly what you did when you said I was why this game was failing because I was winning the game?

19 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Incidentally, the unique-killing goals also stop me in my tracks. You're entirely dependent on the existence of other people to complete them; you can't just push through those goals yourself (like planting 5000 trees).

You don't need other people, just alts.  Myself and Sme have killed plenty of uniques on Epic just the two of us.

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 4

Sign in to follow this