Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 05/JUL/18

PatchNotes.png

• New: Rift bracelets can now be equipped.
    • Bracelets go in the arm slots and require two of the same type to be worn for the bonus]
    • For a reminder of rift jewelry and its functions, check https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Rift_Jewelry
  • New:  You can now move archaeological reports from one journal to another.
    • Activate report, right click the journal you want to move the page to, select ‘move report’.
  • New: You can now use a knife cut a 2kg portion of larger weight prepared foods.
  • New: Added a storage unit, the empty shelf.
  • New: Items can now be placed on more surfaces and containers:
  • NOTE: If the item is a container already, any items placed on it will be dropped on the ground when it is picked up, a message in event log will notify the player of this. Note that any item will follow the parents mechanics (Wood items on a forge may burn, items on an altar may be sacrificed)
    • Large anvil
    • Large barrel
    • Tub
    • Empty shelf
    • Small barrel
    • Stone altar
    • Wood altar
    • Silver altar
    • Gold altar
    • Coffin
    • Well
    • Large magic chest
    • Small magic chest
    • Oil barrel
    • Wine barrel
    • Coffer
    • Cupboard
  • The following surfaces will also heat any item placed on them (so don’t place burnable items on them!):
    • Oven
    • Forge
    • Hota statue
    • Smelter
    • Still
  • New: Electrum has been discovered!
    • Electrum is an alloy created with gold and silver, using the metallurgy skill.
    • Material bonuses are:
      • Armour
        • .5% DR bonus
        • +2% glance rate bonus
        • -1% movement speed penalty
      • Weapon
        • -2.5% attack speed
        • -1% damage dealt
        • +5% bonus to damage dealt to hunter mobs
      • General
        • -10% damage taken
        • 9x trader price
        • -20% decay damage taken+2.5% bonus to repair speed
        • +7.5% bonus to pendulum area of effect
        • +10% bonus to bash damage
        • Can be used to make statuettes
        • Can be used to make unicorn shoes
  • New: Electrum rune of Fo
    • Can be used to reduce age of a creature.
    • Will reduce the age by a percentage of current age.
    • Creatures cannot be pregnant when this rune is used
    • The minimum age for creatures is Aged (12 months) (For reference, hell horses unhitch at Aged (29)
  • Change: Removed old copper needle creation
    • Before the all metal item changes, needles could be made from iron or copper, but copper could not be used to improve with., With the ability to create all items from all metals, this needle item is no longer valid, old versions may exist, so if you cannot improve a cloth item with a copper needle, it’s the old type.
  • Change: The resource you obtain from digging is now dependent on the tile type on which you are standing. You no longer need to dig in the NW corner.
  • Change: Imbues used on tools for creation of items now improve the quality of the result beyond the material’s limits. Also, minor bugs regarding creation with imbues have been resolved.
  • Change: Various text changes have been made to emoting on body parts.
  • Change: You will now be able to build on pavement outside of settlements without having to remove the pavement first as long as it’s not an official highway (catseyed)
  • Change: Halter ropes can now be used to haul items up/down ladders.
  • Change: Players can now deny and/or remove kingdom office titles.
  • Change: Spawn rates have been increased upwards for unicorns and lava fiends.
    • Unicorns will spawn on grass, steppe and mycelium. Lava Fiends will spawn a bit more in caves and a small chance on rock.
  • Change: Achievement changes, additions and fixes.
    • Personal goals should now update properly when switching servers.
    • Mine an exquisite gemstone has been changed from a 99 quality gem to a star gem.
    • Perform 100000 actions goal now has a visible counter under Achievements entitled Actions Performed.
    • Pick five door locks text has been changed to Pick five locks to correctly reflect the achievement requirements.
    • Weight requirement for ‘Giant Fish” has been reduced from 190 kgs to 175 kgs
    • In an effort to address concerns of players running multiple alts through personal goals, we’ve added a common personal goal “Survived” which is be premium for 3 months. We’ve chosen 3 months as it limits the rush of alts rolled for easy missions to achieve quickly without penalising legitimate existing and new players, while still being within a complete-able time frame before the new system.  We will continue to monitor and adjust if necessary.
  • Bugfix: Various spelling and text issues fixed.
  • Bugfix: Creatures will no longer retain their Kingdom ID on server crossings.
  • Change: Anchors and mooring anchors can now be made of any metal type.
  • Bugfix: You can no longer use meditation teleports from within the HoTA zone.
  • Bugfix: Saddlebag window will now auto-close when you move out of range.
  • Bugfix: The bulk container unit now correctly says volume instead of weight.
  • Bugfix: Fix for logging in on a bridge which is no longer there.
  • Bugfix: Veins created with a Rod of Transmutation will now return the correct quality information when prospecting and the ore resulting from using a granite wand will be the correct quality.
  • Bugfix: Creatures will no longer transfer loyalty on server crossings which caused an intermittent issue with taming another animal.
  • Bugfix: Valrei quest items were removed from the ritual mission item list.
  • Bugfix: Fix for creating flour inside a container and the results getting deleted when the container is out of room.
  • Excess items will now go into inventory instead of being deleted.
  • Bugfix: Fix for not being able to drink from containers on deed.  If you have open permission, you can now also right click – drink.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a misleading mining warning text when trying to open a double wide tunnel if the slopes were too steep.
    • Confusing message used to be: Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse.
    • Improved message: The mountainside would risk crumbling. You cannot tunnel here.
    • Solution: Surface mine down to reduce the slopes.
  • Bugfix: The title for 100 Faith will now be properly added.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug where a religion convert would fail if one of the players was mounted.
  • Bugfix: Multiplayer puppeteering is now working again.
  • Bugfix: Fixed the issue causing the error message ‘The water is too deep the creature would drown in the cage.’ where there was no deep water.
  • Bugfix: Needles were removed from the mission item list.
  • Bugfix: Rift necklace spell effect icon will now refer to necklace instead of bracelet when worn.
  • Bugfix: Attempting to enchant a lingonberry bush now gives an error message and does not use up your enchant ability for the day.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused some items to drop to the ground when burying a player corpse in inventory.
  • Bugfix: Fixed crocodile and scorpion vehicle positioning so they don’t appear sunken into the ground and can now navigate the transitions between bridges/land and house floors.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which allowed discardable items to be sold to the token using keybind sell.
  • Bugfix: Fixed fencing options appearing in the crafting window when creating them was not permitted and would result in an error.
  • Bugfix: Possible fix for the unexplained extra wooden items or bricks being created randomly via the crafting window.
  • Bugfix: Equipped containers now drop their contents to the ground if destroyed.
  • Bugfix: Repairable items will now show the ‘crumbles to dust’ message even outside containers (such as your inventory).
  • Bugfix: Burning now ignores the ‘must be on ground’ requirements for disposing of wooden items.
  • Bugfix: Armour penalty/bonus icons, timers and effects are now properly reset when changing armour types and upon logging into the game.
  • Bugfix: Action on items will now consider height distance when determining if object is too far away.
    • This will mean you can no longer access storage on higher floors and may require renovation of storage solutions
  • Bugfix: You will no longer go kos on a deed by accidentally targeting a spirit templar while in combat with a creature.
  • Bugfix: Necromancer summoned skeletons will no longer spam attack each other and spam the combat log on pve or kill each other on pvp.
  • Bugfix: You can access vehicle inventories from any seat if embarked on that vehicle.  The range of accessing containers inside vehicles when not embarked has been improved.
  • Bugfix: Fix for “You are too busy” bug when using multiple combat options.

Client changes:

• New: Added texture normal maps option to Adv. Graphics settings
    • NOTE: To avoid crashes on incompatible computers, It is DISABLED by default, you will need to enable it in the launcher as it cannot be changed ingame.
  • Bugfix: Corrected terrain glitch with diagonal gravel
  • Bugfix: Fixed issue where items placed on surfaces disappeared until relogging

The post Patch Notes 05/JUL/18 appeared first on Wurm Online.

• Like 11

Very nice work overall, love the skellies fix.
:o
Bugfix: Action on items will now consider height distance when determining if object is too far away.

• This will mean you can no longer access storage on higher floors and may require renovation of storage solutions

Think that includes more then 50% of the players xD need to redo my workshop now

very nice update :) Includes a lot of things people have been waiting for for ages. Not sure Im going to like not being able to reach bsbs above me but Ill jsut change my plans, lucky Im still building my new deed :)

I really reallylike 99% of the update (although I've lost a window of opportunity as I was just planning to use one of my alts to squeeze out another winner title still I fully understand the 3 months limit).

One thing that is I'm terrified about is:

Bugfix: Action on items will now consider height distance when determining if object is too far away.

I'm heavily utilizing the bulk storage on the NEXT above level. Having a limit of how high they can be accessed is totally understood - I hope the storage will still be reachable on the adjacent level. Needing to put all bulks on the same level will mean a lot of clutter even in larger workshop plans - or a lot of inconvenient walks with all open windows closing etc etc...

EDIT: BSB racks with only 4 BSBs inside take quite the same space if not more than 4 BSBs dropped on the ground...

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jaz said:

I really reallylike 99% of the update (although I've lost a window of opportunity as I was just planning to use one of my alts to squeeze out another winner title still I fully understand the 3 months limit).

One thing that is I'm terrified about is:

I'm heavily utilizing the bulk storage on the NEXT above level. Having a limit of how high they can be accessed is totally understood - I hope the storage will still be reachable on the adjacent level. Needing to put all bulks on the same level will mean a lot of clutter even in larger workshop plans - or a lot of inconvenient walks with all open windows closing etc etc...

EDIT: BSB racks with only 4 BSBs inside take quite the same space if not more than 4 BSBs dropped on the ground...

Pff. just tried, still can open my BSBs above my head. THANKS :D (Internal panic alarm dismissed)

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

Thank you for the again unexpected amount of updates! Many issues seem to be solved too...

I don't know if that is possible at all but can large tile stretches of the same type have a few different textures on the tiles?  I think my issue with the large rockfaces now that with normal mapping they are so obviously having the same pattern is repeating on each tile thus making it a bit unnatural and plastic like.

Cobblestone and most surfaces look amazing - maybe expect sand could look better with smaller particle size..

3 months seems long, and it seems like all accounts now have this brick goal. Really seems like you guys are taking advantage of players now asking for more money.

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

3 months seems long, and it seems like all accounts now have this brick goal. Really seems like you guys are taking advantage of players now asking for more money.

24 EUR against the 100+ income from a tome? I don't think it is too steep...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

For a legitimate player 3 months is an incredibly short time to achieve goals.

For an alt rolled specifically for easy to finish goals with little to no effort, it's a hurdle. 

The system is supposed to be there for existing players to gain the rewards before the system is removed, not for players to generate countless alts to win tomes, so we feel this step at least discourages the worst abuses of the system while still being not an issue for other players. 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Jaz said:

24 EUR against the 100+ income from a tome? I don't think it is too steep...

It wouldn't if you could buy the 3 months in advance and have it count. I'd probably do it but it again goes back my statement asking for money.

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

For a legitimate player 3 months is an incredibly short time to achieve goals.

For an alt rolled specifically for easy to finish goals with little to no effort, it's a hurdle. 

The system is supposed to be there for existing players to gain the rewards before the system is removed, not for players to generate countless alts to win tomes, so we feel this step at least discourages the worst abuses of the system while still being not an issue for other players. 

I feel like 3 months starting today would be the end date or even sooner. So you make us prem a brand new account and then cease it next month without warning?

6 minutes ago, Niki said:

Only seems long if you spam alts 24/7. "Really seems like you guys are taking advantage of players now asking for more money." Compared to the money you get for a tome it's nothing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Only seems long if you spam alts 24/7. "Really seems like you guys are taking advantage of players now asking for more money." Compared to the money you get for a tome it's nothing.

No one is going to throw money at something without a clear end date. 1 month seems more appropriate.

1 minute ago, Niki said:

No one is going to throw money at something without a clear end date. 1 month seems more appropriate.

THAT is the exact goal of this change...

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Niki said:

Sounds like that's their plan.

• Like 2

Change: The resource you obtain from digging is now dependent on the tile type on which you are standing. You no longer need to dig in the NW corner.

This also means it is much easier to dig back all the edges of a raised clay area - thank you!

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jaz said:

This also means it is much easier to dig back all the edges of a raised clay area - thank you!

That's going to be great. I can finally level out the clay pit near my deed making it easier to use it.

54 minutes ago, Jaz said:

We really had our eyes on this change, and we're curious how players will receive it. This may be something we need to tweak a bit more to get correct, but as it stands it works in a vertical cylinder fashion instead of spherical to try and give as much leniency to the old system as we could. This means that if you can reach a BSB from 1 tile away, you'll also be able to reach a BSB directly above it, without having that distance shortened by the vertical offset. This functions identically to how it used to, where moving too far away on the ground would still limit you.

What this does change is having storage 2 floors above or below you. In these cases, you will have to adjust your storage solution to the new change. Having storage one floor up and down will continue to function as it has before this patch. That being said, we're eager to see what players think of this. If you feel it was a misstep, make a thread and list reasons why. I don't think the team wants to force changes that are bad for the game on the players.

9 minutes ago, Jaz said:

We've also got our eyes on this change, too. If it's causing trouble in certain situations, be sure to let us know. These type of mechanics changes can be controversial and if you feel there's certain situations where this shouldn't apply, post some feedback and let us know.

• Like 9

So I mixed some gold and silver...

wFOPAi2.png

...to get a nice wooden shield! :) 

• Like 5

I kept trying to put stuff on top of my rare large crate even though it's not on the list.  Can we put things on top of crates later in another patch?  Be cool to put a plate and candle on top of a crate in a lonely corner.

Other than that good update with lots of fixes.

Congrats Sindusk to joining the Dev team.  :)

Wow, awesome changes, great job!! 

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Burning now ignores the ‘must be on ground’ requirements for disposing of wooden items.

Oddly one of the things I'm happiest about lol

*happily burns all the extra spinning wheels that was cluttering up the place*  ^_^

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Equipped containers now drop their contents to the ground if destroyed.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

3 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

I kept trying to put stuff on top of my rare large crate even though it's not on the list.  Can we put things on top of crates later in another patch?  Be cool to put a plate and candle on top of a crate in a lonely corner.

bulk containers won't be possible sorry

• Like 3

quite the list of bug fix's, does this mean the new guy is all gung ho and doing some work ;)

37 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

What this does change is having storage 2 floors above or below you. In these cases, you will have to adjust your storage solution to the new change. Having storage one floor up and down will continue to function as it has before this patch. That being said, we're eager to see what players think of this. If you feel it was a misstep, make a thread and list reasons why. I don't think the team wants to force changes that are bad for the game on the players.

This change will be annoying, quite often on construction projects I incorporate many ladders, materials sit below in the wagon and you just draw from that for building or simply transfer everything to a top floor bsb (rather than using a rope to haul something up 12 floors one floor at a time) , not the end of the world, but when you are using wooden openings as scaffolding, it was nice to take advantage of that feature.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this