Sign in to follow this  
Carmichael

(PvP) Minedoors

Bring back old minedoors, where enemies can't walk through the door in combat when off deed. They're already easy to bash offdeed as is. It'll bring more PvP. To counter logging in a mine offdeed with enemy's in local make the log out timer like 30 minutes.

Thoughts?

Edited by Carmichael

One can just collapse/reinforce themselves inside in 6 minutes and safe to log off. No please.

Or just make it easier to bash once an enemy player passes through. Gives both sides plenty of time to call for backup. From my short observation of pvp it seems people only pvp close to deeds or get lucky and catch someone out on a boat. 

3 hours ago, Darkravager said:

Or just make it easier to bash once an enemy player passes through. Gives both sides plenty of time to call for backup. From my short observation of pvp it seems people only pvp close to deeds or get lucky and catch someone out on a boat. 

Hmm. That indicates PvP is failing risk/reward calculations. (If worn gear didn't drop, we'd probably see more PvP.)

That's much bigger than minedoors...

There is reason it got removed. It had too many problems of avoiding pvp/griefing.

and they are not easy to bash off deed unless you have slave army of 10 people just following you around.

You could literally just make escape tunnels everywhere and no one could kill you. Imagine panda being even more losers than usual. They already make tunnels just to raid or pvp. Now they don’t even need a deed to do that?

-1000. Remove people like panda then maybe we can go back good days when people weren’t scumbags with minedoors.

EDIT:i got a little heated oh my. Its guna backfire.

EDIT:to frank i will justify my minedoor use tho. It was complained for years by me and devs didn't want do anything about it.

Other kingdoms started mass spamming them outside our capital and using it to escape from us at hota. I flipped it on them and then as well made the great tunnels on jkh.

Even with that abuse it it took ages to get fixed.

In this game you need fight dirty if the other kingdoms start this crap. I like fight fairly but I won't be taken advantage of to hand over free loot.

Same with jke was using an alt to spam mines on dsc mountain and drain traders. Gave warning to stop or else i would send tazak to harass.

It didn't stop so their capital deed got collapsed in, people cried and pointed I was being a hypocrite using an alt to grief.

Same with panda year ago using doors to avoid combat off deed and to heal.

I call them out even though I had do same thing during that fight because I won't become a victim to their abuse.

I will win even if its dirty to make sure their crap mentality gets stomped and they stop doing it.

Thats why those tunnels stopped getting used when I went BLE even tho I had access to them. No one went in large scale to abuse tunnels after the fix.

EDIT: in pvp servers you can't yell in local "hey thats abusing a mechanic stop that!" and expect them to stop. You are either forced to push back and let them know how the abuse feels or roll over and receive a pm from staff being told to deal with the loss.

Edited by shankiest

31 minutes ago, shankiest said:

There is reason it got removed. It had too many problems of avoiding pvp/griefing.

and they are not easy to bash off deed unless you have slave army of 10 people just following you around.

You could literally just make escape tunnels everywhere and no one could kill you. Imagine panda being even more losers than usual. They already make tunnels just to raid or pvp. Now they don’t even need a deed to do that?

-1000. Remove people like panda then maybe we can go back good days when people weren’t scumbags with minedoors.

EDIT:i got a little heated oh my. Its guna backfire.

Probably would not go after enemy kingdoms in the suggestions.

I also remember you taking advantage of the mine door system back in the day at TK.

However I am going to have to -1 this, minedoors are better now then before, they slow down gameplay almost as bad as meditation.

Changes like this should only be considered on a new cluster/revamp of Epic, not changes to the current status quo.

• Like 1

No enemy in local, you pass through mine doors on standard rules (instant).

Enemy in local (and some time after), you need to click open (like on container) and got timer (1-2 minutes?) till they got opened for some short time (5 seconds or so).

Ofc both option for off-deed mine doors.

imagine if all locks had a timer to open the doors and gates they were on. 

You seem to forget how cancer it was to deal with mine hops everywhere.

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

You seem to forget how cancer it was to deal with mine hops everywhere.

?