Sign in to follow this  
Magg

Please take my money and give me the ability to add or move divined water tiles

Often the divined water tiles could be in more efficient places for a deed.  For example, some like to put them near where you blacksmith, tailor, cook, etc.

Please introduce an item we can purchase from the trader (aka a orb of divination for example) that can make a tile a water tile (where you place a fountain or well and it refills for free) or move an existing water tile.  

5s (or more) to move or add a divined water tile would be great.  I will leave the pricing up to you, but please take my money (and I'm certain there are many other Wurmians that would throw more money at you).  

If I have an incorrect facts or unclear terms please let me know (or if there is an item already).

• Like 3

Just to give an idea on various options, since WU has also played with this idea:

* On some WU servers (or maybe just one, I am not sure) , there is a Fo spell named Replenish which causes a container to veeeeery slowly fill with water. This could be a large fountain that very slowly completely refills or it can be cast on a smaller portable container like a barrel that you carry in a wagon  or move between workstations. It can even be cast on a waterskin and carried wherever you go.   Now, before anyone says "ohmigawdWUiseasymode," the spell is fairly high level and really not easy to cast (my full-faith-but-sucky-channeling Fo landed it once on a fountain but so far all attempts to do it again, cause her to burn through her full favor bar over and over and over. I am not sure but I think it is either 70 or 90 difficulty+favor.)  Think of it as the smarter big brother of the incredibly useless and stupid Dirt spell Fos get.

* While Fo seems most appropriate, it could be all priests if Vynora decides she wants to stamp her pampered little foot again and claim Wurm's most favored priest is underpowered. Give it to new gods and old, scatter it like raindrops everywhere. just make it high level like 70 or 90.

* Younger and nonpriested players then could hire the services of a priest if they need this done to say a fountain, or high level enchanting type players could simply stock magical Large Water Barrels on a merchant, and happy customers could cart them home to their blacksmith stations. 

* Or it could be a trader money sink item, say some sort of 10 silver magical toad or salamander or magic fish or just a sparkly pebble or potion, that when placed in a container or fountain or barrel or well, ever ever so slowly fills it with water.  If you change your mind, you can remove it and place it in any other container or resell it again too someone else (container no longer refills once removed,  maybe even slowly drains).

Or perhaps make it so any rare well or fountain will do this. Rare is slow and takes days to fill, superior is faster and takes an hour or two, fantastic is instant.  I can't recall if unfinished wells can be picked up and sold to other players ... If you already made the fountain on a water tile, I think wells and fountains can be loaded into wagons and carted off to place where you please, or sold to another player for bongo bucks.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

Great idea.

I think the easiest one would be to just enchant fountains like we do mail boxes.  Fast and easy.  Even if you wanted to just use 'courier' it could totally work would be more than enough.

• Like 1

should be able +1 

not sure it really needs to be a trader item though, simple transmutation liquids could be used.

• Like 3

I like the idea of rare fountains being able to replenish water moreso than making a whole new item for placing water sources.

• Like 1

We have a spell to turn wells/fountains into wishing wells, quite useless as the dev's never listen. 

I propose the spell is changed to turn said well/fountain into a functioning one.

• Like 3

If this is made as some elite priest spell or a Trader item for 5 silver it will only benefit those types of players with Priests or a lot of silver to splurge. Probably priests mostly since then they will just sell it out to others for less than Traders. If something like this came in I would just continue the old way of creating a well nearby, filling up a large barrel on the cart and then fill other barrels within houses on the deed, same as now. Nothing changes for most players...

=Ayes= 

Mailboxes need courier, but you only need one courier ever (if you don't mind waiting ages for mail to get to the other side).  I don't think making it a priest spell would hurt too much, people can forage grass or hunt or bury corpses to get a few coins to pay a priest to cast for water.

I know our smith would kill five champion trolls for a water tile next to his forges.  Seems huge barrels of water is just never enough!

• Like 1