Sign in to follow this  
Gladiator

People go invisible

This is a picture of Foxfire as we were riding on Chaos

invisible.png

Not only is his Hell horse invisible, but so is he. I can only see the horse he is leading.

This happened yesterday as well, as we were fighting Panda, Synystar was invisible to more than half of us, and was able to run around doing whatever he wanted for untill we relogged. Now, you might think relogging is easy, but u cant relog at some times, during PVP for example.

Yesterday i was also stuck in the "You are too busy to do that" bug. That happens when you press 2 combat keybinds at the same time, like for example : Shieldbash + focus 

This bug rendered my ability to regain stamina, to use spells, to shieldbash, focus, aim, move, target, pickup, heal, any actions really 100% useless. I could not do anything for the duration of my 5 minutes long fight henceforth one of the reasons we lost. 

Honestly, the invisible man and the combat busy bug are 2 of the worst bugs ive encountered and should be looked at RIGHT AWAY. They are GAME BREAKING!

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 3

I have similar problem with all objects, including people, towers, building, ships. Everything disappears for a second or two, then appears again. Sometimes everything at once, sometimes only ships for example. It occurs since last update or update before. Seems a bit like rendering or shaders issue. 

20 minutes ago, Alkhadias said:

I have similar problem with all objects, including people, towers, building, ships. Everything disappears for a second or two, then appears again. Sometimes everything at once, sometimes only ships for example. It occurs since last update or update before. Seems a bit like rendering or shaders issue. 

The bug im talking about makes the people invisible forever untill you relog.

This!

I was one of those that couldn't see him.

Just before this i got glitched out in a mine and teleported into another.....had to walk back to get on my horse again and it was after that he couldn't see me.

Just to clarify, was the bug with you or him? Could other players see him? 

If it was with you, could you please post your client log? 

14 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Not me, not ted, not afusion , not fox, nobody could see Synystar yesterday.

Edited by Gladiator

Somehow that clip was one of the best I have seen in Wurm, pity you didn't remove the GUI.

This one has been around before. The character and mount are rendered at water level if its the same one. Has something to do with the corners of mine exits. Btw I've not watched the video

• Like 2

I've recently had the same thing with a player who came to deliver something. One time I only saw the character and not his ship - the ship wasn't visible. Another time I saw neither, but his name was in local and we traded (he had to initiate it though) as usual so he was present. When logging my alt I could not see him either.

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Still this post is refering to 2 bugs, not just one. And the You are 2 busy to do that bug, as been around in pvp for years.
Team, pls stop ignoring it and try to fix it.
Its really frustrating when u already try to set everything up for pvp to go well and the game gets u wacked by some bug.
If I remember correctly that one only stops if u brake combat with all of ur enemys and move away, wich sometimes its not that easy to do if ur on foot for example.

1 hour ago, Postinglels said:

This one has been around before. The character and mount are rendered at water level if its the same one. Has something to do with the corners of mine exits. Btw I've not watched the video

Every time the invisible bug happen with me was after we enter or exited a mine at the some point....

Half of us could see him, half couldnt. I've got a video from the fight but I guess it doesnt proof anything because I was one of the guys who could see him.

Even if the solution is 'just relog' - yeah, we had a possibility to do that here so our guys just relogged and could see him again, but imagine that happening again in a fast-paced, balanced fight - suddenly one guy is immortal because nobody can see him, and he can hit us  without any problems.

Also - the 'you are too busy' bug, and combat bugging when somebody enters the mine - it's just bad...Yeah there are ways to get it working again but seriously that's what you want PVP to look like? People who have more knowledge about the bugs win. If somebody without much experience in wurm pvp got this bug, he could be useless for the entire fight and wouldn't even be able to run away because the stamina doesnt regen. Yay.

• Like 2

P much what PJ said, it's been around for a while now but it's p rare to encounter up until recently I guess. From my experience, though, it can happen from simply hitting the tile border of a cave entrance the wrong way, doesn't necessarily have to be the corner. 

At any rate, should definitely be looked into and fixed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I think I was the only one that could see Synystar during our fight with panda.  I was on discord yelling out he's in front of you hitting you and they were stating he's not on the screen but could see his name in local.  I keep shouting he's right in front of you... no one see's him.

Edited by nicedreams

Thanks guys, a couple more questions:

1) when was the first time that the bug was noticed? did the player mount/dismount a horse or vehicle? did they enter or leave a cave recently?
2) were the players that *could* see the player in local when the bug occurred? 
3) do the players see the enemy in local, or is the player completely invisible even from the local tab?  Already answered as yes
4) if they go to water level, can they see the player at the water?

1.) Well i think they came by boat, entered the cave, left the boat on the water level and then popped out from the mine

2.) We were all next to each other (in a few tiles radius), when they entered local and when they popped out of the mine. So the people that could/couldnt see it were pretty much next to each other.

Edited by Vomusu

@Retrograde Also look at the "You are too busy" bug. THat's equally bad , equally game breaking, renders a fighter 100% useless. 

• Like 1

They are in my experience visible at water level and stay at that level , disappearing into the ground when they hit high ground. I saw this happen at LO landbridge and the character reappeared again at the clay where my deed poolsclosed used be