Sign in to follow this  
AJBlack

Drink from Ship

I'd like to point out that this is a request made after spending a LOT of time sailing and traveling the lands of Wurm. It's a rather simple request. Like with fishing, could we perhaps be allowed to drink via clicking on our ships/boats? It's sometimes not possible to actually disembark and find the proper tile to drink, neither is it possible to drink in another way if you're not near land and are looking to, for example, fight something or tame something. It would be a huge QoL thing for me personally anyway :) 

• Like 5

This suggestion can be shot down with common sense - 

stick a small barrel / container in your boat and fill it before you leave, drink from that.

Edited by Firecat
  • Like 2

+1

Makes sense to me. I have used the barrel in the boat workaround for a long time, but it ought not be necessary since all Wurm water is fresh. Not sure how the mechanics could work in terms of programming, but since there is already some kind of check performed to see if the ship can sail (vs be stuck in the shallows or on land), the result of this check might then form the basis of drinking. That is, if boat is sailable, water is near, ergo it is drinkable.

• Like 1

+1 I've been wondering at the current wogic. This, totally makes sense 

• Like 1

It makes sence to lean over the rail from a caravel and drink?

From a rowboat maybe, or you actually can drink from a rowboat.

Else just jump of, there are no occations you can't do it.

Just look down and you can drink from right tile.

(I spent the main part of ten months swimming in water over 1000 slopes deep and had no problem drinking or terraforming right tile while looking down.)

Or have that barrel in the boat.

Wogic states if you lean over the side of the boat to to drink water, you will tip the boat over.  So it's not allowed for your own protection.

implying its really hard to put a barrel of water inside ur boat...

Since you can drink from a moving boat if you can click the right tile fast enough, the question is not one of logical capability, but of interface. In that case, +1.

• Like 2

You cant drink salty water from oceans, silly you, you will dehidrate even faster :)

P.S. sure, why not, +1

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1