Sign in to follow this  
Clywde

A kind request from a paying customer (DEVS/STAFF response required)

Alright someone needs to explain this to me

what's with wurm and it's attraction of egotistical 48 year old bimbos?

Is this the first game you've ever played, or what?

Not a single other mmo i've ever experienced has had this large crowd of people that always use lines such as, "i'm a paying customer", or "I NEED a dev response", stuff along those lines

If I was a dev, i'd purposely ignore squirrels like you because of this thread, just ask like a normal human

Thank you for your service for being a customer, because you're acting like you've went to ###### war over it

• Like 2

Some people think if they spend money they are entitled to whatever they want. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Trake said:

Some people think if they spend money they are entitled to whatever they want. 

No. I don't want or need it to work seamlessly. That was not my point. I just wanted to know is there any hope to play this game without lag. If the lag would have been always around, I wouldn't spend more MONEY on it. That was the point (should I spend more money on wurm or not). Same words to @Cornchips

Also, treating customers well is not a bad thing ;) They will bring you the money... (Even if they are stubborn jackasses)

Edited by Clywde
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clywde said:

No. I don't want or need it to work seamlessly. That was not my point. I just wanted to know is there any hope to play this game without lag. If the lag would have been always around, I wouldn't spend more MONEY on it. That was the point (should I spend more money on wurm or not). Same words to @Cornchips

Also, treating customers well is not a bad thing ;) They will bring you the money...

This is what i'm talking about, what's with it?

Just ask questions normally like a human without snide comments or demands

"Also, treating devs well is not a bad thing, they will bring you the game(dots because I'm an old soul I guess)" 

15 minutes ago, Cornchips said:

Not a single other mmo i've ever experienced has had this large crowd of people that always use lines such as, "i'm a paying customer", or "I NEED a dev response", stuff along those lines

You should really google "im paying customer mmo" and see the results :)

4 minutes ago, Cornchips said:

Just ask questions normally like a human without snide comments or demands

"Also, treating devs well is not a bad thing, they will bring you the game(dots because I'm an old soul I guess)" 

ok, I have something to improve with that one ?

Edited by Clywde

11 minutes ago, Clywde said:

You should really google "im paying customer mmo" and see the results :)

ok, I have something to improve with that one ?

No, I won't, because I don't give a ###### about communicating to developers in a sense of holier-than-thou attitude, go drink a full starbucks coffee then ask for a refund and post it on facebook.

• Like 2

If everyone treated Dev's like spouses instead of hookers, we'd all be better off. 

26 minutes ago, Trake said:

If everyone treated Dev's like spouses instead of hookers, we'd all be better off. 

*Takes Dev out of trunk and places in front of sink*

• Like 2

I need an adult.

That said, I think this matter has resolved and the topic has gone slightly off course, before I wind up in armyskins trunk, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who offered solutions to clywde. 

P.S. I was going to say Xanadu is great for getting lost on, but I got lost in my own deeds local on independence yesterday.  

• Like 7

On 7/2/2018 at 6:02 AM, Jimmy_Norman said:

Why do people get so upset one someone complains about the bad wurm servers? Honestly the number of fanboys is too damn high 

I just realized that fanboyism could be considered an offshoot of Stockholm Syndrome... :P

55 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

I just realized that fanboyism could be considered an offshoot of Stockholm Syndrome... :P

Entirely a dribbling bibsoaker statement

Because there is this hivemind in the wurm community that treating devs like ###### is for some reason acceptable, and many do it. Because you're getting called out and referring to other namecalling instead of changing your attitude, I understand; it's following in the current mindset you and they have anyways.

Devs are obviously doing the best they can... It is what it is, I've adapted to the occasional lag as someone who has been on Xanadu for 3 years. And really don't mind it.

I guess a warning would be nice, but for such a huge server, it's to be expected for a game of this size.

I feel like the mood is often too hostile or entitled towards the devs. They do the best they can to make their game better, that's how you run a business in a game. So there's obviously no slacking.

The lag was WAY worse back then, so it's not like they aren't making any improvements.

So yeah... There's nothing really more to be said, they're doing the best they can. You can't force change by forcing yourself "As a paying customer" on others mate. You've gotten your response. That's the end.

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 2

Seems like everything has been covered here.

Thread locked.

Shakys (Forum Moderator)

• Like 6