Sign in to follow this  
notstupidbobb

Flower seeds, and floral decor in general

Please could we get seeds from flowers as we do from other things. 

And, maybe better flower beds, the ones in wood boxes .. meh, perhaps something with more flowers in stone curb base.  And .. please could the "rose bushes",  and "camelia bushes" , be completely done over.  OH yes, the trellises, maybe flowers one them?  Just like to make gardens, rather than the great stone houses, and fortress walls.  That is about it, thank you for your time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, notstupidbobb said:

Please could we get seeds from flowers as we do from other things. 

And, maybe better flower beds, the ones in wood boxes .. meh, perhaps something with more flowers in stone curb base.  And .. please could the "rose bushes",  and "camelia bushes" , be completely done over.  OH yes, the trellises, maybe flowers one them?  Just like to make gardens, rather than the great stone houses, and fortress walls.  That is about it, thank you for your time. 

1. You can replant flowers if you cultivate the ground.

2. Trellis (rose trellis) do have flowers when harvestable.

I appreciate what you are saying, but .. we all know that the white dotted flowers are very scarce, so taking them up and replanting them doesnt help. It is very difficult to do any box gardens with white dotted flowers, if you could get seeds and plant a flower garden like you can with vegetables, that would be great. I have been asking for this for years now, it cannot be that hard to do. 

And there are very few "roses" on those trellises. Not pretty, the whole flower/bush thing needs to be redone.

In the real world, flowers are much nicer. Flowered arches, Azalea, Iris, tulips, bluebells, daisies, sunflowers,  and clematis. would be very nice. 

Gardening is a skill, maybe if there were things worth gardening, it would be something we could work on, you know .. making nice gardens. 

Not all of us play wurm to kill dragons, or get super suits, I have no interest in pvp, or rifts. I want to make a nice world, that's all, but it is very limited. 

Edited by notstupidbobb
  • Like 4

I agree that there could be more functionality for flowers and gardening. I know it would involve adding more models for things you could make with flowers, but I think it would be a good addition for people who like to decorate.

• Like 1

+1 to being able to "farm" flowers as a crop, or perhaps being able to "pick" from flowerpots/flowerbeds cimilar to the herbal planters (you can harvest 1 flower a day without losing your "starter" flower)

I was just thinking today how much I wished I could cultivate and use flowers more. Maybe a decorative flower rack similar to the herbal planters.

Dried floral arrangements (in woven baskets, of course)  would be nice especially if we could get a "dehydrator" / dryer mechanism for things like fish, mushrooms, jerky, dried fruits. Maybe using a pottery kiln or maybe using a new brick "Baker's OveN" that works like a regular oven but is specially designed for pizzas, breads, baking, and dehydrating various foods:

4475264938.jpgth?id=OIP.sIejE4AIEn2_UBCkzBmybQHaIYbackyard-pizza-ovens-for-sale-inspiratio

Cuptoare-de-gradina-din-piatra-outdoor-s5883f03c80fd8eee0bba4c492c18c147.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

I like this, Brash, ... the idea of a rack of flowers! When you start to think about the things that could be done, and it would add color and decoration, maybe wreaths.  I just thought of another way to do flowers, you can now make the box of flowers on the edge of a tile, maybe just a mound of flowers, that are only on the tile edge, as the box is, something like a mound of creeping phlox, would be nicer than the sparse flowers in the boxes.  

Edited by notstupidbobb

had another idea,  maybe a variety of tiles with whole flower beds.  

oh and sometime, maybe curved paths and road tiles

Are we at least thinking about redoing the flowers, and gardening?????? is there any consideration of this ?  There are many people who play Wurm just to make a world, not to fight, we could use more to work with, if it is something you might consider. 

ENKI!!! Use your great influence and make Wurm even more beautiful. 

Okay, so I am not the only one who would like to be able to do more with gardening, .. the white dotted flowers still an issue with how rare, and you cant get seeds. Would be great to see all new flowers, and planting options, and gardens and bushes, .. arches. Come on Devs, lots of people want to make things flowery, we are not all hunter/fighters. 

So was thinking again,  and thought Sunflowers would be great too, maybe even whole tiles of large sunflowers, so you could make a field of them, and they could be used as food or even a source of oil!! 

Gardening please, make it a more profound and decorative skill!!!

flower seeds, garden flower tiles, flowered arches, more attractive tile border containers, bushes that are worth having, not just a stick with a red dot, or an upside down group of pink cones.  Please work on this.  thank you .. thank you very much. and again, .. thank you 

hi, had another idea along this line, .. you know how we have lavender bush hedges now, they are a bit ... i dont know .. unkempt, could we please have flowered hedges that are more tidy, hedges that are like hedges, but with some color in them pinks, reds purple, blue, it really wouldnt be at all difficult to drop some color on the hedge textures you alreay have,..  come on Devs.. more color please

Little know fact, from Wurmpedia:

> Hedges can be dyed, takes 1.0kg of dye per hedge.

I haven't tried it. Maybe someone can post pictures of some dyed hedges, inc lavender hedges.

thank you Brash, I never knew that, might not be great, but I will try it sometime