Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

[Changed] Possible bugs/issues regarding alcohol strength

Tasting alcohol gives you a message indicating QL, phrased as being the strength of the alcohol, e.g. "mind-blowingly strong".

However, QL of alcohol does not affect strength of alcohol mechanically, this being only determined by the item template's defined alcohol strength, multiplied by some constant factor.

I'm not sure what's intended here, so I don't know if the text is wrong or the mechanic. Either would be fairly easy to fix, whether it's modifying the misleading text, or factoring QL into strength.

In addition, alcohol strength is not scaled depending on the size of the drink. As most of you know, a reed pen or 1mL measuring jug of moonshine will get you just as drunk as the standard 200mL sip. I believe I mentioned this to Tich during the cooking system's development, and it was acknowledged as an issue, but that was the last I heard about it.

My suggestion to resolve this whole thing? Scale alcohol strength with quality, and make sure all stamina/drunkenness gains are scaled by weight of the actual sip taken. The former would resolve the misleading text and give players more reason to create higher-QL booze, and would make alcohol a bit stronger in general, meaning it will actually be possible to get drunk without using reed pens or measuring jugs. The latter change would just make sense, and remove a very counterintuitive and unbalanced mechanic whereby a single liter of wine provides you with 1000 drinks. In general, the focus would be more on producing and using high-quality alcohol for stamina/drunkenness, as opposed to manipulating what is arguably an exploit in the game mechanic via pens/jugs.

• Like 2

This sounds morte like a suggestion or a bug report, might be better off in another spot on the forums

Will do. Wasn't sure where to post it since I didn't know the intended behavior.